User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looIs like this will be another long night with our twins. We will be going early to the walk-in clinic, which is only open once a week from 9-11:30am.

Blue Friday’s sale at Sobeys.
    $111.xx, earned 387AM, $12.99 in coupons, 50c CO51, 25c Caddle. I also got a free 4L jug of milk, $4.66, with their new milk promo that will be on for the next month. I also purchased the last of the sweets to go in the Chinese Christmas gift exchange next Saturday. I got a rain check for $2.97/lb lean ground beef.

A friend called yesterday afternoon. Her work had purchased a table of 8 for the Annual Festival of Trees fundraiser and there was one extra unclaimed ticket. I will be joining her for the event on Saturday night. Free turkey supper for me. There will also be an auction, Celtic Games (to match the theme), and live entertainment.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Nov 25th, 2017 at 03:11 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I went and did my Black Friday Shopping yesterday, honestly there was not a lot of items I wanted just a few Kitchen Items for Mom and Half Bro. I could only find one of the mixing bowl sets at Wal-Mart so I will give that to Mom and got a different version from Canadian Tire for Half Bro. The big difference is the one I got Mom had lids the one I got bro does not.

At Canadian Tire I also found a Baking Dish set I wanted on sale so I grabbed it and left it for Mom to give me.

I finished one of Scarves for Mom this morning and have started the next one.

I am doing pretty good on the gifts I am making but the ones I need to buy are a different story. I am really at a loss of what to get quite a few people this year.

Slowly doing some cleaning around the house today but nothing big planned.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

First time I am confused in SC about a trade.I received the sc member trade but she dont seems to received mine as I have no quote of trading from her.I send her a message for another trade and she dont response....What I did wrong?I send the trade to the adress she given me so...... .....
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 25th, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -run, don't walk, to your night out with friends! Awesome surprise for you! @coupon girl -congratulations on meeting your third grandchild! Ashlyn will get over being a mommy when she senses competition for your attention. @SassyAshley -you've gotten some great gifts going for the ones you know about -the rest--name in a donation to a local organization and call it a day. Don't forget to gift yourself for Xmas too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    First time I am confused in SC about a trade.I received the sc member trade but she dont seems to received mine as I have no quote of trading from her.I send her a message for another trade and she dont response....What I did wrong?I send the trade to the adress she given me so...... .....
    Just give the matter another day or two. Maybe Canada Post is slower getting the letter mail out to her. Parcel season due to online shopping and then the US Thanksgiving on Thursday. Sorry to read that some trades are not going smoothly. Hope you get affirmative response on your trade soon!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday-wrote some Xmas cards and on the way to the post office, I found a full McCafe card-well, I did not say no to a hot chocolate so I did set foot in Walmart for it's McDs because of the two newspapers to read. Did not get the paper & flyers so I also picked up two grocery flyers and community paper. Popped into Longos and lucky me-it was sampling time and yes I tried mini biscotti (now a new favourite to keep in mind to buy). Found a can. Mulched some leaves.

This morning-finished mulching leaves and had my breakfast. Did a Walmart small grocery shop before coming the library. Will stop into Fortinos for a few items and later Longos for two or three things. Apple cider cake (will buy hard cider at beer store) and butter tart muffins are tonight's sweets. In grocery discussion with Mom, who was making a pork & bean stew, I won't be making pulled pork-that will be a January trial dish. She's insisting that I don't buy produce that Dad already has bought but he buys what he likes and I have my preferences so I will haunt the remnants of reduced produce carts today to stock up on apples for 8pm carb vacuum sessions (ongoing) and possible roasting or stirfry veggies.

The Universe showed me a very dull $1 coin on the ground-it's real. That will be banked on Monday (or my bank account will cry on the 30th). Found two cans after returning 5 empties today. Yay to more bank $.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Make the most of Grey Cup weekend. I know I will make popcorn and have tea with sweets. Plus chips-they make anything better. Have a great evening, SCers!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-evening -I am a bit tired after having Ashlyn all last night she woke up at 1.00 a.m came in our room then went back in hers and slept til 6.45 we took her to my son's at 11.00 a.m and I got to snuggle with cara on my chest -ahhhh to hold a newborn is sooo wonderfull
    -just did a redemption my 95,000 used on mostly me -lol I got primer ,moisturizer,makeup remover and face wash pump all high end then spent a bit on food ,vitamins ,oatmeal for hubby,bandages and a few chocolates for the stockings so nice to pay 20.64 in the end gotta love shoppers saved 6.99 in coupons
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Yes I am frustrated sometimes with trades but its life.Did not make it to black friday offers of IGA because dad worked (he work friday and saturday night) but that is ok they have others good sales with flyers during the week.I need to make my shopping grocery list.Made my famous dip to go to veggies only to discover carrots where spoiled because we dont have a cold room so I purchased baby carrots instead ....Watched the ''Defile du Pere Noel'' from our balcony this afternoon it was a little bit rainning but was wonderful.I still have 4 fpcs for all bran multi grain Crunch to pass tommorow for my donation stockpile and I want the juice 2 kinds deals too.Wishing everyone a great evening and night.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am about a 1/4 of the way through another scarf. I worked on it when I needed a break.

Laundry is done and out away.

Made a huge batch of Pasta Sauce with Meat which will be frozen for quick dinner.

Other then that I just tidied up thing as I saw them and tried to take it easy.

Not much else going on. Not sure if we are going to go shopping tomorrow, when I brought up earlier in the week Mom didn't like the idea but then yesterday she said she wanted go out tomorrow. Guess we will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupon girl : congrats of being a nanny again!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I love doing trades with people having multiples coupons on save.ca especially fpc's AND hv's but at the same time I Wonder how they get example 20 coupons when save.ca is one per household account?
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent almost 2 hours in my SDM to redeem 1 time. Wish I had stopped when I was in Barrie yesterday. In the end I did ok and got a few gifts and some stocking stuffers. Stocked us up on TP. A few food items for the freezer ( sausage and Pintys chicken). Even treated myself to a face scrub and lipstick. Taxes were $15 and I used the $100 SDM card I bought a few weeks ago. Maybe the new PC optimum points will be better for me. I still have have enough points for almost 2 x $170 redemption. I will watch the flyers and then maybe for sure redeem after Christmas when they do clearance.

I bought 3 peameal chunks at Food basics. I have one sliced up in the oven now so I can feed my hockey player quick and leave the leftovers in the fridge. My sister sent us home with awesome potatoes with bacon and cheese so there is dinner for the oldest when he gets home from work since we are out of town for hockey and not home till 830.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good early evening everyone!!!Yes I got my quote trading,the sc member was just busy.My trade will work but still expensive for the coupons hv I want,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I finally found my dad gift.It would be a basket of fines cheese since he love cheese and I will got them for cheap after a trade I made for 5$ agropur coupons!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information