User Tag List

Page 133 of 201 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3010
Like Tree6584Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

  1. #1981
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    Likes Received
    3310
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I just checked and yes, that's what mine said also.

    Fwiw, I used the Tangerine cc and have drugstores as one of my selected categories for 2% cashback and so they did recognize it as a drugstore purchase. Anyway, SDM is in the name so you should be good.

    I'm waiting to confirm that the promo works on gcs. Bought one last week but likely won't know till the promo is over for me (August 10).
    I tested a Tim's $15 GC as soon as the promo started and it went through with the credit card bonus points, bonus is a separate transaction listed at "10x SDM". I did however buy an OTC drug at the same time. The posting of points hasn't been lagging too far behind, I have all the credit card points for my Wednesday SDM purchase last week, now waiting for a Thursday SDM purchase and beauty boutique from yesterday.

    Let us know how you make out with the credit card points for the gift card.
    Silk likes this.

  2. #1982
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,399
    Likes Received
    2963
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I'm waiting to confirm that the promo works on gcs. Bought one last week but likely won't know till the promo is over for me (August 10).
    I bought a GC a week and a half ago. The points posted 5 days later.
    Silk, nalaric and maple7 like this.

  3. #1983
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    Likes Received
    3310
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I bought a GC a week and a half ago. The points posted 5 days later.
    So much clearer than my post lol, thanks for posting.
    Anna Michele likes this.

  4. #1984
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    569
    Likes Received
    1467
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I bought a GC a week and a half ago. The points posted 5 days later.
    Did you buy a gift card to SDM or somewhere else?

    Is it actually 10% back that's getting posted? or what's with 10x? Do you get 10% back on taxes and deposits, or just base points?

    What an odd promo! I'd love to stock up on gift cards before Aug 10, if it in fact works

  5. #1985
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,399
    Likes Received
    2963
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    Did you buy a gift card to SDM or somewhere else?

    Is it actually 10% back that's getting posted? or what's with 10x? Do you get 10% back on taxes and deposits, or just base points?

    What an odd promo! I'd love to stock up on gift cards before Aug 10, if it in fact works
    I bought an SDM GC, but have no reason to think that makes a difference.

    It's not so odd if you think of PCO and PCF as two separate loyalty programs that just happen to pay out in the same "currency", PCO points.

    Cashback cards sometimes have welcome bonuses for new accounts like 5% on all purchases up to $2500 within three months (a made-up example). PCF is giving a higher WB %, but in points and only on purchases at SDM, to new accounts until the end of the year. What's unusual is that they extended the same bonus to all card holders for a few weeks.

    The posting can be somewhat confusing because it's split up. With my World card, if I buy a $100 GC, I get 1000 (10 PCF base points per $1), 9000 (90 per $1) and another 1000 that may or may not be posted separately. That's a total of 120 per $1, which is the max. of 135 shown for World cards on the PCF site minus the 15 base PCO points since they're not given on GCs.

    I don't think deposits qualify since they aren't purchases, but don't know this for a fact. I think the 120 per $1 is given on taxes, but again, I can't vouch that this is so.

    Also, some people seem to think giving the bonus points on GCs might be a loophole. If this is true and it gets fixed, you might not get any points from the ones you purchase. So be warned; it's caveat emptor if you buy any.
    nalaric and MunS like this.

  6. #1986
    Know what matters...
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    Likes Received
    5176
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I tested a Tim's $15 GC as soon as the promo started and it went through with the credit card bonus points, bonus is a separate transaction listed at "10x SDM". I did however buy an OTC drug at the same time. The posting of points hasn't been lagging too far behind, I have all the credit card points for my Wednesday SDM purchase last week, now waiting for a Thursday SDM purchase and beauty boutique from yesterday.
    Let us know how you make out with the credit card points for the gift card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I bought a GC a week and a half ago. The points posted 5 days later.
    Since the change to the PCO program, my PC MC points only get posted once a month to my account, usually 10 days after my statement date. I have the basic card. My next statement date is August 8 so I don't expect to see the points i earned till about the 18th.

    p.s. Don't know why this promo doesn't include purchases at the Loblaw grocery stores. Strange.
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Jul 31st, 2018 at 04:26 AM.

  7. #1987
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,399
    Likes Received
    2963
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Since the change to the PCO program, my PC MC points only get posted once a month to my account, usually 10 days after my statement date. I have the basic card. My next statement date is August 8 so I don't expect to see the points i earned till about the 18th.

    p.s. Don't know why this promo doesn't include purchases at the Loblaw grocery stores. Strange.
    All I can suggest is that you try asking PCF whether your points only posting to your PCO account once a month is what's supposed to happen. If they say no, you'll know your account isn't operating properly, and you can then ask them to fix it.

    And if anyone else has a base PC MC, is it the same or different for you?

    The PCF promo being SDM-only doesn't seem particularly strange. The seemingly most likely single reason it doesn't include any of the grocery banners is because they operate with lower overall margin structures than SDM does. Basically, this means SDM can better afford to give back the 90+ points per $1. There may well be other factors mixed in too.
    Silk and nalaric like this.

  8. #1988
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    96
    Likes Received
    178
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    Forgot to show my PC Optimum card for gift card purchase but paid using PC Financial WE MC. Since we don't receive base points anymore on gift cards, I am assuming this won't affect 120 points per dollar from my credit card. Am I right?
    Thanks

  9. #1989
    Know what matters...
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    Likes Received
    5176
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    All I can suggest is that you try asking PCF whether your points only posting to your PCO account once a month is what's supposed to happen. If they say no, you'll know your account isn't operating properly, and you can then ask them to fix it.

    And if anyone else has a base PC MC, is it the same or different for you?

    The PCF promo being SDM-only doesn't seem particularly strange. The seemingly most likely single reason it doesn't include any of the grocery banners is because they operate with lower overall margin structures than SDM does. Basically, this means SDM can better afford to give back the 90+ points per $1. There may well be other factors mixed in too.
    I've been back and forth about using the card because of poor experiences with their CS but I may do that.

    What you say about margins at grocery stores is true. Good point.

  10. #1990
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    569
    Likes Received
    1467
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    My weekend shop credit card bonus pts (an extra 9%) was added to my account yesterday. So, today I decided to take a chance. I bought $500 in SDM gift cards, and $100 in restaurant gift cards. Hopefully I can see that those bonus points are posted in a couple days, and then I'll buy more before August 10. I hate how hard it is to track if I get all the bonus points on my credit card. I have the world elite - so they show up as PC financial earn, and then it's split up, 1% and 2% a few days after the actual transaction. With out much I shop there, it's hard to track!
    sweetmomma and MunS like this.

  11. #1991
    Smartie Canuck greentires4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    BC
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,533
    Likes Received
    4170
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)




    Just updated the app on my phone and when I scrolled down it said this:



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

  12. #1992
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,422
    Likes Received
    3310
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    The PC Financial CC bonus points just came through for the Beauty Boutique purchase I did Sunday night. Very happy about this, I will likely purchase again during another major promo.
    Silk and MunS like this.

  13. #1993
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    96
    Likes Received
    178
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)



    I went to purchase 2 gift cards today- $160 and $180. The cashier did the $160 properly but for $180, she scanned the same gift card (the one with $160 on it) again by mistake. The transaction went through. But since the gift card can't have more than $200 on it, another receipt automatically printed saying "Activation/Top Up Failure" with -180 on it. The cashiers were confused as to what to do. There was no manager/supervisor at this hour. My PC MC shows both $160 and $180 in pending. I took all the receipts, the cashier's name and the manager's name.
    Has anyone ever faced an issue like this? I am hoping the transaction will just disappear from "Pending" eventually like it happens in case of online transactions cancellations.
    I am just getting a little nervous since the amount is $180 and I have no gift card to show for it. If anyone can tell me anything from their experience, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

  14. #1994
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    569
    Likes Received
    1467
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Just updated the app on my phone and when I scrolled down it said this:



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, that's interesting, considering I tried taking an old optimum card in to be linked to a pc optimum card on Monday, and was told they couldn't do that in store anymore! Hmmmmmmm, might have to try a different one.

  15. #1995
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    349
    Likes Received
    539
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)




    I saw a poster in an Esso station that now you can get Shoppers Optimum points at Esso. Can you collect Esso Extra points on the same purchase?
    dededi likes this.

Page 133 of 201 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •