User Tag List

Page 57 of 234 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Like Tree7612Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    I used to regularly get offers like that, but no longer. Now its always 'x pts per y $ spent' and generally 20% value, except that the required $ spent part almost never lines up nicely with the current week's sale prices. You end up having to buy more items to get the points, so actual % value is almost always less than 20%. I noticed the PCO offers no longer show the actual % like they did under PCPlus, so maybe they realized it was misleading.

eg. this week I have 600pts wus $3 on PC frozen fruit. Its on at Zehrs for $3.99. That's only a 15% value.
    Better than 10% or zero, but not very exciting either.

I miss my '800 pts for Blueberries', 1,000pts for PC shredded cheese, etc. I also miss getting excellent SDM offers throughout the week.

The former SDM and PCPlus independent programs made me an enthusiastic advocate, and I can't tell you how many friends, relatives, and acquaintances, I encouraged to sign up. Sadly, my interest in the combo PCO program is rapidly diminishing, based on the offers my wife and I have received over the first 3 weeks. *sigh*
    PCO clearly launched with far too many elements either not implemented at all or functioning improperly. Without absolving any of the blame for this, the picture isn't completely black. For those like me who were seldom able to find or put together enough value to redeem 95k or even 50k OPT points, being able to use the points I collected and will collect at SDM on purchases at the grocery chains is a major plus.

While it's only an anecdotal example, my best product-specific offer so far wasn't a per dollar(s) spent one. It was straight points per unit purchased, giving 1900 more points on each than I used to get for the same product using the 100 per $1 offer that was the only one I ever saw for it under PC+. Quite an improvement on a $6.99 item.

Personally, I'm still willing to encourage people in my circle to sign up, just with the clear caveat that PCO has major issues. But even so, people who don't have accounts still stand to benefit since the current offers are better than none. What's more, since they won't have OPT and/or PC+ accounts to link in, they won't face the issues that people are experiencing in this aspect of the system.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday I was able to save one offer for next week. I don't get why all the grocery offers can't be saved. It doesn't make sense why some offers are eligible to save and others are not, they all have the same expiry date.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well I stepped into a No Frills for the first time in maybe 10 years (they're so far away). Managed to use up some points, so at least chipping away at them that way, even though the offers are terrible.

Also learned that No Frills won't price match Loblaws? LOL what the heck is that, they don't price match their own owner? More bad impressions.

Received an SDM offer today for candy and snacks but I hadn't received that one in maybe over a year at SDM so donno why I got it. Probably won't use it. Status: have spent no money, only used points
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Feb 18th, 2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got offer today from shoppers ..spend 10 bucks on candys etc.get 4000points
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Me too!

Had it two weeks ago also. Last week it was 4000 points but spend 20$. Did not use that one. So now they give me the lower spend for 4000 points. Will be using it for snacks for movie night.

Sent from my iPhone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Me too!

Had it two weeks ago also. Last week it was 4000 points but spend 20$. Did not use that one. So now they give me the lower spend for 4000 points. Will be using it for snacks for movie night.

Sent from my iPhone
    Yessss !! I will use mind tomorrow after i gets off work ..though i dont need any snacks ..got watch that figure for my trip coming up in 8 days time
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Boo! Mine was to get 3000 points. Now I definitely won't use it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Got offer today from shoppers ..spend 10 bucks on candys etc.get 4000points
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Also learned that No Frills won't price match Loblaws? LOL what the heck is that, they don't price match their own owner?
    Each of the 5 or 6 No Frills nearest me has its own list of competitors it will PM. These lists all include Loblaws, but maybe this is not a requirement. Perhaps each store has some latitude because they are franchises, not Loblaws-owned.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Question re: Candy/Snacks offer in the PCO program:

So I have an offer that will be available in 2 days on 1 account - 4000 pts wus $10 on candy or snacks. Looks like the offer will only be good for 24 hours.

A question for anyone who has had this offer and used it: The rule on the old Optimum program was that snacks included all food items except beverages. Yes, the only difference between the food/snack offer and the candy/snack offer was the candy/snack offer excluded beverages** I’m wondering - is it the same in the PCO program?

I need and was planning to pick up some eggs, so hope to do that as part of this offer (eggs worked for me with the candy/snacks coupon under the old Optimum program).

**I’m not interested in discussing whether or not the candy/snack used to work on food items under the old Optimum program - those of us who tried it know that it did You can check posts #: 145, 153, 160, 175, 182 in the old thread for yourself:

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/403393-shoppers-drug-mart-food-snacks-vs-candy-snacks-what-items-qualify-canada-10/

Just want to know: has anyone tried using the candy/snack offer on typical ‘food’ items in the new PCO program and did it work?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Feb 19th, 2018 at 05:45 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I tried to save the Fresh Poultry offer on my DH card but says this offer cannot be save I am getting more frustrated with this PCO merge
    Ironically, my DW got the chicken offer this week too, but we tried to move it, and can't ... actually can't move any of them. Geez, what the heck.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I used to regularly get offers like that, but no longer. Now its always 'x pts per y $ spent' and generally 20% value, except that the required $ spent part almost never lines up nicely with the current week's sale prices. You end up having to buy more items to get the points, so actual % value is almost always less than 20%. I noticed the PCO offers no longer show the actual % like they did under PCPlus, so maybe they realized it was misleading.
    eg. this week I have 600pts wus $3 on PC frozen fruit. Its on at Zehrs for $3.99. That's only a 15% value.
    Better than 10% or zero, but not very exciting either.

I miss my '800 pts for Blueberries', 1,000pts for PC shredded cheese, etc. I also miss getting excellent SDM offers throughout the week.

The former SDM and PCPlus independent programs made me an enthusiastic advocate, and I can't tell you how many friends, relatives, and acquaintances, I encouraged to sign up. Sadly, my interest in the combo PCO program is rapidly diminishing, based on the offers my wife and I have received over the first 3 weeks. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I think things will improve over time as far as our offers go. The same issues occurred when the program was new.
    Sadly, I'm not confident that it will, given that doesn't appear to be a system glitch. When PC Plus first started, the offers were mostly for a flat point amount per item purchased, except for items that are priced by weight, like fresh meat and some fruits and vegetables. With time, more and more offers came to be x points per y $ spent, and often the y $ were for more than the unit price, especially if item on sale. In the past year, I would say about 75 to 80% of my offers were of the per y $ spent variety. I think this program will stay in that vein. It's a loyalty program, but they don't want to give their shoppers too many rewards.

Like many here, I'm also only getting the one big wus SDM offer per week, with some M-W-F only offers. I really miss 20x milk offers. And am sad that 20x SDM offers now only give me 30% back in points, where they were 40% back in points given how I redeemed. Thirty % still good, but 40 was better. Am glad I did that last bonus redemption in January and got $2 for each 1,000 points. Those days are now gone. I really miss the old Optimum program. It worked very well for me.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    PCO clearly launched with far too many elements either not implemented at all or functioning improperly. Without absolving any of the blame for this, the picture isn't completely black. For those like me who were seldom able to find or put together enough value to redeem 95k or even 50k OPT points, being able to use the points I collected and will collect at SDM on purchases at the grocery chains is a major plus.

While it's only an anecdotal example, my best product-specific offer so far wasn't a per dollar(s) spent one. It was straight points per unit purchased, giving 1900 more points on each than I used to get for the same product using the 100 per $1 offer that was the only one I ever saw for it under PC+. Quite an improvement on a $6.99 item.

Personally, I'm still willing to encourage people in my circle to sign up, just with the clear caveat that PCO has major issues. But even so, people who don't have accounts still stand to benefit since the current offers are better than none. What's more, since they won't have OPT and/or PC+ accounts to link in, they won't face the issues that people are experiencing in this aspect of the system.
    Arjon, you make some very good points. Now, if they can just fix the obvious shortcomings, and improve the offers and consistency of them, that will be Great. It's still a bit of a mystery how I could get 32 offers in Week2, 25 tailored to my buying habits, then back to obscurity in Week 3 with 10 total, with only 5 (vs 25) based on my history. Hopefully, Week4 will be fore like Week2 for me.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I looked at my points this morning ... looked odd ... it was exactly the same number as when I converted weeks ago!! WTF!!

So I went through all transactions and determined what it should be ... and ... it was exactly the same number as when I converted (I have redeemed and gained during that time) ... what are the chances!!! LOL ... In the end ... all good!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Arjon, you make some very good points. Now, if they can just fix the obvious shortcomings, and improve the offers and consistency of them, that will be Great. It's still a bit of a mystery how I could get 32 offers in Week2, 25 tailored to my buying habits, then back to obscurity in Week 3 with 10 total, with only 5 (vs 25) based on my history. Hopefully, Week4 will be fore like Week2 for me.
    It's pretty clear that offer generation isn't fully and/or properly functional. Maybe you're seeing the glass as somewhat more full than I am. I figure it will be fixed when it's fixed rather than me raising my hopes up every Wed. Of course, I'll grow more disappointed and annoyed the longer it takes.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Like many here, I'm also only getting the one big wus SDM offer per week, with some M-W-F only offers. I really miss 20x milk offers. And am sad that 20x SDM offers now only give me 30% back in points, where they were 40% back in points given how I redeemed. Thirty % still good, but 40 was better. Am glad I did that last bonus redemption in January and got $2 for each 1,000 points. Those days are now gone. I really miss the old Optimum program. It worked very well for me.
    My understanding is that there will be more bonus redemption events, so comparing the $2 per 1000 you got from the latest one to the $1.50 per 1000 you get outside of bonus events now isn't apples to apples.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Page 57 of 234 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread Information