User Tag List

Page 71 of 233 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3494
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before and I have read a lot of posts and have not found a answer but if I have

Personal offer of 10x the points for 20.00 or over, good for five days and
    there is a Saturday one of 20x the points for 50.00
    Do they combine for the entire 50.00 spent

If my math is correct I would thing that I would get back about 22500 on the 50.00 spent

And if I use 50000 point to pay for it at the same time will I get the 22500

Thanks if anyone can help me ouy
    No to all your questions from my experience
    Silk, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    At RCSSThat I shop if you have an offer for WUS you you would not get the points if you redeem.
    I haven't actually tried redeeming and using a WUS offer in the same transaction at a grocery store since PCO launched, so I may have spoken too soon.

Fwiw, on Feb. 26, I did redeem $10 on a purchase of ~$12.50 at No Frills and got the points from the product offers that applied.

Edit: I came back to add that I have seen or heard reports in which people said they were able to redeem and use a WUS offer. The latest one, just a few minutes ago, was for a redemption at NF where the person's 3k wus $30 offer was credited.
    Last edited by Arjon; Sat, Mar 3rd, 2018 at 10:00 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think some one else has posted regarding this that they had to create a PCO account for other cardholder and then link as household, but I am not 100% sure on this as we do not have this issue in our household.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    I have another question - I have a PC MC in my name, but have a card for myself and my husband. I cannot get his MC to link up with my account. I am assuming this is something I’m supposed to do since I never see his card number in the transactions. Can anyone clarify? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hcao, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    What do you gain by comparing against past offers that are no longer available?
    My point was that I can't compare against imaginary, hoped-for, future offers.

If doing so somehow works for you, fine.
    Thanks?

I don't get it.
    Can a person not remark upon discrepancies between the old and new programs without this being characterized as venting, cherry-picking for the purpose of misleading others, expressing unhappiness, crying over spilt milk, or wallowing in glass-half-emptyism?

At the very least, it shouldn't be controversial to point out that for old Optimum collectors who redeemed at the highest level (i.e. smart Canucks), the value of Shoppers Drug Mart's marquee promotion, 20x the points wus $50 or more, is now 25% less than it used to be. For those of us who have been through the wars with Shoppers Drug Mart, a reduction in the value of the rewards program is nothing new. We adapt. We look for new ways to outsmart the program. Still, a 25% reduction is interesting, isn't it? It's something to think about. And your upbeat example -- the new and as yet infrequent 4000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks vs the old and quite common 3000 points when you spend $10 on candy and snacks -- is a 33% reduction in value. What can Loblaws be thinking? Are they expecting to lose 25-33% of our loyalty? Surely not. Are they planning to lower prices so that the loyalty program has the same value as before? It doesn't look that way.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

o.k. I'll just post this and then see what responses I get ( if any ).
    I personally have not shopped at SDM very much since they " stole " members points a way back when during the Tell-A-Friend -Event. ( Ancient history...blah, blah )

That being said, I simply find their prices crazy high, anything they have " on sale " is still more than what some other stores charge as their regular price.
    BUT more importantly I just do not use enough of their other products, so reaching any level of WYS offers was always a struggle for me..... I don't need baby stuff, no make up/skin care/fragrance stuff.

Anyhow my " friend " is the opposite. She always earned fab SDM Optimum points, mainly on the make-up/fragrance/skin care lines...plus she usually chose SDM for all her paper products ( TP, Kleenex, etc )

She was never a member of the PC Plus programme because she is single, therefore not a huge grocery bill too often.
    For her, this new PC/SDM merge is awful.
    She recently found out when she shopped at one of the Loblaws chains ( I forget which one now....RCSS? NF? ) that because she pays with her own CC and NOT a PC Mastercard or a PC debit card that she earns nada points on the total OOP spent.
    She said she earned the in store points on certain products, but feels miffed that the entire purchase total earned her no points.

Is this right? I don't know because I always pay with my PC ( black ) MC.
    barbis9, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I personally have not shopped at SDM very much since they " stole " members points a way back when during the Tell-A-Friend -Event. ( Ancient history...blah, blah )

That being said, I simply find their prices crazy high, anything they have " on sale " is still more than what some other stores charge as their regular price.
    BUT more importantly I just do not use enough of their other products, so reaching any level of WYS offers was always a struggle for me..... I don't need baby stuff, no make up/skin care/fragrance stuff.

Anyhow my " friend " is the opposite. She always earned fab SDM Optimum points, mainly on the make-up/fragrance/skin care lines...plus she usually chose SDM for all her paper products ( TP, Kleenex, etc )

She was never a member of the PC Plus programme because she is single, therefore not a huge grocery bill too often.
    She recently found out when she shopped at one of the Loblaws chains ( I forget which one now....RCSS? NF? ) that because she pays with her own CC and NOT a PC Mastercard or a PC debit card that she earns nada points on the total OOP spent.
    She said she earned the in store points on certain products, but feels miffed that the entire purchase total earned her no points.

@walkonby you only get points if it’s a personal offer loaded. I also pay with my own CC and no points for the OOP spent at shoppers you would have gotten points with the old system not sure about the new
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@walkonby -if your friend had the PC Mastercard (the current Simplii card is not linked to PC Optimum as the PC Financial debit card became toast when it transistioned to Simplii), she'd earn PC points per $ spent on the PC Mastercard AND if she linked her PC Plus (now PC Optimum) card to the Mastercard, she'd also get PC Opt points from any redeemed personal offers.

I hear what she is telling you-that's why I sometimes chase food or grocery deals at Shoppers (today's weekend 6pk pop deal for instance) because I earn 15 PC Opt. pts/$ spent. 30 pts there is worthwhile for me to obtain when I don't have a personal PC Optimum pop offer to use at Fortinos (where it's scarce to see $2.99 for their 6pk of pop).

Today I finally noticed where the 1L Vita Coco water (with pineapple) is shelved in my closes Shoppers (same aisle as sparkling water & pop) and my, $5.49 seems a bit rich when Sobey's regular price is $4.49 and Shoppers last week had the regular 1L Vita Coco on sale for $3.99.
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hard to realize that we've had 1 month and three days with the new program already!
    Still love one card over two cards though! Quite a journey.
    Colsgirl, barbis9 and Arjon like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

Your friend wasn't a PC+ member so never got points at the grocery banners no matter how she paid. So getting no points now doesn't seem any different. Indeed, getting points on some items through offers seems to be an upgrade.

As for expecting to get base points for every dollar spent plus through offers like she's used to at SDM, I can see how someone who was only an OPT member might make this assumption, but otoh, it would only have taken a modicum of effort to learn that the grocery banners would only give points through offers under PCO, the same as they did under PC+.

I know that some people feel that the PCF MC points back program is part of PCO, but it's actually more like a separate program. PCF just gives point back instead of cashback like many other rewards credit cards do, with different rates of points back depending on which MC you have and where you shop. My cashback cards are like that too; the % back varies with were I shop, and I have a Visa that gives a higher % at many stores than another Visa issued by the same bank (so similar to how the WE PC MC gives more than the W version.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    My point was that I can't compare against imaginary, hoped-for, future offers.

Thanks?

Can a person not remark upon discrepancies between the old and new programs without this being characterized as venting, cherry-picking for the purpose of misleading others, expressing unhappiness, crying over spilt milk, or wallowing in glass-half-emptyism?

At the very least, it shouldn't be controversial to point out that for old Optimum collectors who redeemed at the highest level (i.e. smart Canucks), the value of Shoppers Drug Mart's marquee promotion, 20x the points wus $50 or more, is now 25% less than it used to be. For those of us who have been through the wars with Shoppers Drug Mart, a reduction in the value of the rewards program is nothing new. We adapt. We look for new ways to outsmart the program. Still, a 25% reduction is interesting, isn't it? It's something to think about. And your upbeat example -- the new and as yet infrequent 4000 points wus $10 on candy and snacks vs the old and quite common 3000 points when you spend $10 on candy and snacks -- is a 33% reduction in value. What can Loblaws be thinking? Are they expecting to lose 25-33% of our loyalty? Surely not. Are they planning to lower prices so that the loyalty program has the same value as before? It doesn't look that way.
    Are you saying it's realistic to expect prices to be lowered in order for users like you to retain the rate of return you used to get, especially after they made it clear from very early on that they were going to flatten the tier structure?

And from their perspective why should they? What percentage of users are realistically going to quit PCO or shift major portions of their shopping to non-Loblaws Grp stores? And how feasible is it to save as much as before by doing so?

No need to answer; it seems we're simply going to have to agree to disagree.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

If you have a PC Financial card, look at your statement and check the points for your shoppers purchases. I have just been given points at the regular amount and not the higher amount they are supposed to be. I have just put in 4 queries and I have some transactions that I paid for on my PC Financial mastercard that I cannot see at all (unfortunately I haven't kept the receipts so there is nothing I can do about those)
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Hard to realize that we've had 1 month and three days with the new program already!
    Still love one card over two cards though! Quite a journey.
    Yes me too and they do seem to be ironing a lot of the kinks out ... I think people forget that when the PC Plus card rolled out, it had teething issues too ... but we grew to love it!
    Last edited by Colsgirl; Sat, Mar 3rd, 2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today a customer was offered a new PC Optimum card. Thought most of the existing customers had already obtained theirs in Feb.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Today a customer was offered a new PC Optimum card. Thought most of the existing customers had already obtained theirs in Feb.
    I thought so too, but I saw someone in Shoppers get one last week!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    If you have a PC Financial card, look at your statement and check the points for your shoppers purchases. I have just been given points at the regular amount and not the higher amount they are supposed to be. I have just put in 4 queries and I have some transactions that I paid for on my PC Financial mastercard that I cannot see at all (unfortunately I haven't kept the receipts so there is nothing I can do about those)
    Please keep us updated! Thanks for the heads up. I have the world elite mc (so I'm supposed to get 3% - it always comes in as 1% and 2%), and I have a hard time figuring out if I'm missing some. I'll keep a close eye on it! (if this makes sense, I think I'm getting the points when I use my pc pastercard for purchases made with my PC optimum account. But If I use my dad's PCO for his offers, but pay with my pc mastercard I don't get the 3%)

Page 71 of 233 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Thread Information