User Tag List

Page 104 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3494
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Please don't stick your tongues out or call me any nasty names......but.....I didn't realize that we can get personal Shoppers offers again....how did you get them? Did you have to link with your PCPlus card? And what if you have multiple cards? I know has likely been dealt with but I was hoping to not have to look back through 102 pages......sorry!!!!!!
    Silk, Ciel and nalaric like this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    Please don't stick your tongues out or call me any nasty names......but.....I didn't realize that we can get personal Shoppers offers again....how did you get them? Did you have to link with your PCPlus card? And what if you have multiple cards? I know has likely been dealt with but I was hoping to not have to look back through 102 pages......sorry!!!!!!
    Some people seem to get them, some don't. For me personally, the PCO accounts that had a SDM card linked to them get them and the others don't. If you haven't got them yet, you probably need to start shopping there more often in order to "trigger" the offers. But I don't know.
    Thumpersmom and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

About 3 weeks ago I wrote to them because I never got reminder emails telling me my offers were waiting to be loaded. They told me someone would get back to me in a couple of business days.
    Ciel likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    It's not like OPT where we'd get 13 offers each Saturday plus one-day ones. Now, it more like 2 to 5 per week, including the 1-day ones, that are explicitly labeled as SDM-only, usually plus a few that aren't labeled as such, but are for products that few if any of the grocery stores stock; e.g. various Life brand products, so in effect they're SDM offers.
    Ciel and 4sure5 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Really?! will definitely re-check our RCSS ... I'm sure I'll find some too then, but will likely wait a few more weeks to cash in my booklets; fridges are pretty full at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I know what you mean I still have 3 booklets left so will see even if I have to get them to donate at our local school the would welcome the orange juice.
    i was at NoFrills yesterday, and voila ... Tropicana premium OJ, various types, in the 1.65L packaging !! So, when my current supply of Orange Juice runs out, I'll definitely replenish using the appropriate coupons from my two booklets, one of which was from my adult daughter who won't buy Pepsi.
    btw, they were priced at $4.97 I think it was ... who would pay that !?
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I know general WUS offers don’t combine at SDM. What about something like 3,000 pts WUS $10 or more on skincare? Would it combine with a 20x WUS $40 offer?

And would it work with a redemption at SDM? (I know it does at Loblaws). If I redeem $10 in points for the skincare, would I get the 3,000 pts wus $10 on skincare?
    Thanks!
    On a recent 3,000 pts WUS $10 on Food offer, I also got the points for a 20X pts on Milk, and 600pts on PC Orange Juice, so that part works.
    Haven't tried to redeem on the same transaction, but it works elsewhere, ie. like RCSS, so one would hope it would at SDM too, since its supposed to be the same Big Happy program now. I'm sure someone who HAS tried this will weigh in?

fyi Silk, I abandoned my old (not really) Free Gift Card pts redemption scheme, that was the subject of some fun banter on this thread a while back. Having more fun now, reducing my amount owing to a few bucks, or sometimes just pennies.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Fri, Apr 20th, 2018 at 06:12 AM.
    Silk and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

i was at NoFrills yesterday, and voila ... Tropicana premium OJ, various types, in the 1.65L packaging !! So, when my current supply of Orange Juice runs out, I'll definitely replenish using the appropriate coupons from my two booklets, one of which was from my adult daughter who won't buy Pepsi.
    btw, they were priced at $4.97 I think it was ... who would pay that !?
    When you're in line to check out, how often do you watch to see what the people ahead of you are buying at regular prices or at advertised prices that you know aren't great? Or how many are buying things for which coupons are easily available? Or not PMing that they could? Or how often people either don't have PCO accounts or don't use them? How many do you know who aren't aware that 30% off at SDM is a good deal on items A and B, but not X and Y?

In addition, how many people are essentially one-stop shoppers who frequent Loblaws or other full-price stores where the regular price is even higher, and because they don't compare prices much if at all, would regard $4.97 as a deal?

Serious savers represent only a fairly small minority of shoppers. So, the answer to your question is quite a few.
    Ciel, smileyKT, 4sure5 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Haven't tried to redeem on the same transaction, but it works elsewhere, ie. like RCSS, so one would hope it would at SDM too, since its supposed to be the same Big Happy program now. I'm sure someone who HAS tried this will weigh in?
    It's not really one program; it's some elements from each previous programs combined under one name, with some new things added that cover both the grocery and SDM sides. So a number of the rules are still different on each side, which means we can't automatically assume that everything that works on one side will also work on the other. That would be nice, but it simply isn't so.
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I know general WUS offers don’t combine at SDM. What about something like 3,000 pts WUS $10 or more on skincare? Would it combine with a 20x WUS $40 offer?

And would it work with a redemption at SDM? (I know it does at Loblaws). If I redeem $10 in points for the skincare, would I get the 3,000 pts wus $10 on skincare?

Thanks!
    When I did a shoppers redemption, I got no personal bonus for any of my loaded offers. I always receive the bonus pts at No Frills or Superstore when I spend my points there.
    Silk, Liliia and Ciel like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    When you're in line to check out, how often do you watch to see what the people ahead of you are buying at regular prices or at advertised prices that you know aren't great? Or how many are buying things for which coupons are easily available? Or not PMing that they could? Or how often people either don't have PCO accounts or don't use them? How many do you know who aren't aware that 30% off at SDM is a good deal on items A and B, but not X and Y?
    I definitely try not to look. My husband is one of those people who would much rather pay full price than use a coupon, price match, or pay anything other than the listed price at the cashier, not even an SCOP. He was offered a short 5 minute survey for $5 cash and he quickly declined. He claims his time is valuable and unless it's for his job, he will not look for a better price. Therefore, in our house, he does as little shopping as humanly possible and we're both happy with that arrangement.

The great irony is that he is the one who is the mastermind at his company who dreams up these coupons, promotional offers, discounts, giveaways, etc.! But would he go for them himself? No!

To be fair, I have never seen anyone who has been more hassled over using coupons and discounts in my entire life. Every time he tries to use a coupon, they give him the suspicious look, question him on where he picked it up (if printed), the cashier questions the fine print (or can't read it), and the manager gets called over about 90% of the time. I will use the exact same coupon on the exact same day in a neighbouring line up and every thing will be fine.

However, I did give him an Air Miles coupon for Staples and he was able to use it once. He's been shopping at Staples for decades and never picked up any Air Miles. A few weeks ago, he used a cardboard coupon for First Choice. That's something at least, even if he didn't use our cash back credit card but loves his debit instead.

So many people don't have them, but I imagine they value their privacy. My brother-in-law refuses to use cash back apps because he doesn't think anyone needs to know the time and date he shopped, along with the fact that he bought bread and cheese in the same purchase. Once he buys something, he absolutely refuses to return it, even if he's not happy, wrong product, etc. However, he did call to complain about the dust accumulation from a particular brand of toilet tissue and they issued him a coupon. I don't know if he used it.

Even though I may not understand them, there will always be people to bypass free money for whatever reason. That's okay, it takes all types in this world. I'm sure if more people were using these point programs, the offers would get much, much worse or disappear entirely, like those $5 off wub 3 Gillette products from P&G. Or the Royale coupons. Or how you could play for points towards free Chapmans ice cream.
    Thumpersmom, Ciel, Poirot and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I definitely try not to look. My husband is one of those people who would much rather pay full price than use a coupon, price match, or pay anything other than the listed price at the cashier, not even an SCOP. He was offered a short 5 minute survey for $5 cash and he quickly declined. He claims his time is valuable and unless it's for his job, he will not look for a better price. Therefore, in our house, he does as little shopping as humanly possible and we're both happy with that arrangement.

The great irony is that he is the one who is the mastermind at his company who dreams up these coupons, promotional offers, discounts, giveaways, etc.! But would he go for them himself? No!

To be fair, I have never seen anyone who has been more hassled over using coupons and discounts in my entire life. Every time he tries to use a coupon, they give him the suspicious look, question him on where he picked it up (if printed), the cashier questions the fine print (or can't read it), and the manager gets called over about 90% of the time. I will use the exact same coupon on the exact same day in a neighbouring line up and every thing will be fine.

However, I did give him an Air Miles coupon for Staples and he was able to use it once. He's been shopping at Staples for decades and never picked up any Air Miles. A few weeks ago, he used a cardboard coupon for First Choice. That's something at least, even if he didn't use our cash back credit card but loves his debit instead.

So many people don't have them, but I imagine they value their privacy. My brother-in-law refuses to use cash back apps because he doesn't think anyone needs to know the time and date he shopped, along with the fact that he bought bread and cheese in the same purchase. Once he buys something, he absolutely refuses to return it, even if he's not happy, wrong product, etc. However, he did call to complain about the dust accumulation from a particular brand of toilet tissue and they issued him a coupon. I don't know if he used it.

Even though I may not understand them, there will always be people to bypass free money for whatever reason. That's okay, it takes all types in this world. I'm sure if more people were using these point programs, the offers would get much, much worse or disappear entirely, like those $5 off wub 3 Gillette products from P&G. Or the Royale coupons. Or how you could play for points towards free Chapmans ice cream.
    Yup. There are lots of people who, even though they care about saving money in other ways, aren't willing to put much effort into saving on things like grocery and drug store purchases. For instance, I know multiple individuals who are very casual about saving in these categories but who price-shopped hard for things like their cars or major appliances. I know an even larger number who basically can't be bothered to open C51 accounts even though I've told them how much I've saved and even that it's easily worth it for to have a second account for my wife.

And as a former marketing exec, I can confirm that we should be happy there are so many people who don't save seriously. Loblaw Cos. cares how much the PCO program costs as a % of total sales, waaaaaaaaay more than whether the maximum an individual saver can get is 40% or 30% or 20%. They will care more if and when the overall cost % goes up. In the meantime, the fact that serious savers are relatively few in number benefits those of us who are.
    Ciel, sweetmomma, 4sure5 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    When I did a shoppers redemption, I got no personal bonus for any of my loaded offers. I always receive the bonus pts at No Frills or Superstore when I spend my points there.
    Which is how it was under PC+ and OPT, and afaik, how it's supposed to be under PCO.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Question about combining offers: in the RCSS (West) there is an offer on the front page of Buy $250 Get 25,000 PCO pts. Also in the flyer (page 9) there is an offer of buy a $100 gift card for the Keg and get 15,000 PCO pts. If I buy some groceries and the $100 giftcard to make $250, will I get both the 25,000 + the 15,000 PCO pts? TIA.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    Question about combining offers: in the RCSS (West) there is an offer on the front page of Buy $250 Get 25,000 PCO pts. Also in the flyer (page 9) there is an offer of buy a $100 gift card for the Keg and get 15,000 PCO pts. If I buy some groceries and the $100 giftcard to make $250, will I get both the 25,000 + the 15,000 PCO pts? TIA.
    Gift cards are usually excluded from WUS offers.
    Ciel and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

On a recent 3,000 pts WUS $10 on Food offer, I also got the points for a 20X pts on Milk, and 600pts on PC Orange Juice, so that part works.

fyi Silk, I abandoned my old (not really) Free Gift Card pts redemption scheme, that was the subject of some fun banter on this thread a while back. Having more fun now, reducing my amount owing to a few bucks, or sometimes just pennies.
    The 3000 points WUS was on your Pcplus account?
    Silk and Ciel like this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Page 104 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast

Thread Information