User Tag List

Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    In order for your statement to be correct, the total spend necessary to get 142.5k PCO will have to be the same as the current total spend to get 95k Opt points. There doesn't seem to be enough detail to support this assumption. It might happen, but it seems premature to conclude that it will.
    Sure it is. If you got 10 points per dollar before and earned 95,000 point on your spend, and now you get 15 per dollar, then if you spend the same amount you would have had 142,500 points.
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

We are also missing information about how this merger will affect our bonus points offers. The info available says there will be just one app for all locations. So this will mean we will no longer have offers for SDM, and separate offers for PC.

- Will this mean we will get the same number of distinct offers we currently have if you have both cards/apps?

- Will the points value of the offers be as good as the current SDM offers? For example, will the 20x points offers on milk that I have each week for SDM evaporate? (My guess is that it will, because PC doesn't do offers of that nature, and there are no base points to multiply from with the fact that we don't earn on everything with PC points. The info so far indicates that not earning on everything will continue to be the way things are at the grocery stores.)

- If offers now become x points for each $2 you spend on a product, like they are now with PC, the points earned will be likely be less than they are currently at SDM.

- on the up side, for the past 6 to 9 months, I get SDM points offers for things I buy at RCSS, on weeks those items are not on sale at SDM, but are on sale at RCSS. So now the offers will be valid at all the stores.
    barbis9, Ciel, Midnightly and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honestly I think that this is a mistake by Loblaws. It will lead to the slow and gradual death of Shoppers Drugmart. I don't think any store is dependant on its reward program than Shoppers. the 20x days are gone. The bonus redemption days are gone. Why would anyone even bother with Shoppers anymore. They are overpriced and now everything will be a better deal at Superstore,Loblaws or No Frills.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really don't think the 20x days will happen anymore and the bonus offers from shoppers will look more like the PCPLUS offers.
    Last edited by gradin123; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    I just hope Shoppers continues to have 20x the points as usually the only time I ever shop there.
    I doubt it. They are likely gone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
    the 20x days are gone. The bonus redemption days are gone.
    The current info says there will still be 20x days and Spend Your Points Events at SDM.

But I'm with you as to being skeptical of continued value.

The big reason Loblaws bought SDM was to get hold of the Toronto stores. Now they can sell their food/products in all the SDM stores all over downtown Toronto, where there is not enough room to put in grocery stores that require a larger footprint.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    The current info says there will still be 20x days and Spend Your Points Events at SDM.

But I'm with you as to being skeptical of continued value.

The big reason Loblaws bought SDM was to get hold of the Toronto stores. Now they can sell their food/products in all the SDM stores all over downtown Toronto, where there is not enough room to put in grocery stores that require a larger footprint.
    i dont see why people are so skeptical about the 20x continuing, if it were such a bad deal for the company wouldnt shoppers and then loblaws when they bought them put a stop on it a long time ago?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this merger.

1. Am happy they are "converting at full points value", but for me, it's a little less than how I have valued points. The converter tells me my 109,500 current Optimum points will be valued at $188. I would have valued it at $219. So losing about $20 if I wait to have converted. Maybe I will redeem them later this month (hopefully they have a Spend Your Points Event)
    My feelings are mixed too!

Keep in mind on your point #1... SDM is so overpriced that you would probably save that $20 back by redeeming at Superstore or NoFrills versus redeeming at SDM.

What I am most concerned about is losing the different tiers for redemption, and the bonus redemption days.

If they continue the 20x days etc, then I might be okay with this. Still need more details.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post

Keep in mind on your point #1... SDM is so overpriced that you would probably save that $20 back by redeeming at Superstore or NoFrills versus redeeming at SDM.
    Excellent point.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad there will be only one card then I get points on everything at Your Independent Grocer,Superstore and No Frills.I'm tired of spending $20-40 and get no points because they aren't personalized PC Plus points items.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I'm glad there will be only one card then I get points on everything at Your Independent Grocer,Superstore and No Frills.I'm tired of spending $20-40 and get no points because they aren't personalized PC Plus points items.
    I don't know that they are changing how we earn points at Superstore... have you seen something that states that?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Instead of 8000 Shoppers Optimum points for $10 redemption, we'll need 10,000 PC Optimum points (glad that the $20 min redemption level with PC Plus will be gone).
    You can have a Household online of up to 10 people (you can invite people) so points pool together. But people can opt out of households and set up own account or join a new household (think of the perks for uni or college students residing together and maybe pooling food funds for the group).
    We have to get new cards in Feb. at the stores, just like we do for PC Plus or Shoppers Optimum now.Anyone still using PC Financial debit cards after Feb. 1 will no longer earn PC Optimum pts.
    The PC Optimum pts don't transfer to anyone after the primary accountholder dies.
    If your PC Optimum account is linked to PC Financial accounts and you close those accounts, you will lose the points in 45 days. Or you have 45 days to get those points back and used or to set up a standalone PC Optimum account after closing the PC Financial accounts.

I'd like to see other charities added to the donate points option on the PC Optimum program as PC Plus only has their own children's charity as an option (though in fairness, the same charity has committed to supporting children's food programs for the next decade). I really like the Shoppers Optimum donation option of donating to various entities across Canada. So I feel for organizations that have Optimum cards but not really PC Plus cards--they may lose out on the merger and chances to earn points at both grocery and pharmacy stores.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    I don't know that they are changing how we earn points at Superstore... have you seen something that states that?
    The rules for new program state that those with PC Financial cards used for payment (except debit) will still earn PC Optimum points on dollars spent on top of any PC Optimum points offers on card for items purchased.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The__Rock View Post
    Sure it is. If you got 10 points per dollar before and earned 95,000 point on your spend, and now you get 15 per dollar, then if you spend the same amount you would have had 142,500 points.
    That is correct, but it assumes no other changes are put into place that affect the rate of return on your spend. Do you really think that will be the case? It would be very easy to implement PCO so that the overall payout rate is lower. As a simplified theoretical example, if I currently do all my SDM shopping on 20x days, what if those are changed to 18x days?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Please point out the part where it says points will be given for every dollar spent at RCSS, LOB, YIG, etc. If it's there, I missed it.
    Last edited by Arjon; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information