User Tag List

Page 4 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    The current info says there will still be 20x days and Spend Your Points Events at SDM.
    This is admittedly being picky, but what is stated can be interpreted to mean there will be events like those, which isn't the same as promising to continue those exact same events. Fwiw, my guess is that they will be continued with little or no change; the thing I wonder about is for how long.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    The info available says there will be just one app for all locations. So this will mean we will no longer have offers for SDM, and separate offers for PC.
    No it doesn't. There can still be offers that are only valid at SDM. They'll just come via the same app.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
    Honestly I think that this is a mistake by Loblaws. It will lead to the slow and gradual death of Shoppers Drugmart. I don't think any store is dependant on its reward program than Shoppers. the 20x days are gone. The bonus redemption days are gone. Why would anyone even bother with Shoppers anymore. They are overpriced and now everything will be a better deal at Superstore,Loblaws or No Frills.
    Lots of people don't think about shopping like you do. So for example, the ones who shop at SDM now even though they don't have an OPT card will probably continue to shop there just as much as they do now.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    I don't know that they are changing how we earn points at Superstore... have you seen something that states that?
    It says 15 points for $1.00 spent.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my opinion, its a smart move makes complete sense. Although I used to shop at shoppers lots, I rarely ever go in this past year. The Flyers have all been the same. Same deals, pretty boring.
    At least its a change and you can bet there will be good deals the first few weeks, of course, I don't see why anyone would redeem there points at shoppers unless they have bonus redemptions so they will continue.
    It won't change my shopping habits at all, but if they still do 20x point events like they claim i will probably consider doing them more so now, that I know i can redeem for other things / better prices than shoppers offers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I'm glad there will be only one card then I get points on everything at Your Independent Grocer,Superstore and No Frills.I'm tired of spending $20-40 and get no points because they aren't personalized PC Plus points items.

I don't know that they are changing how we earn points at Superstore... have you seen something that states that?

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    It says 15 points for $1.00 spent.
    https://www.pcplus.ca/static/announcements/english.html states "Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix" not at the Loblaws-owned grocery stores.
    barbis9, Ciel and cookiemonster like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i do have concerns...the current shoppers program is a really great program, and it's great for the users of the program (some may argue too good, compared to other programs being offered) yes it will be nice to see a higher per dollar points value, and being able to use them at stores other then shoppers is a good thing..

but my concerns is where people get all their points from, how will that be effected? most people don't earn most their points by the dollars they spend, they earn their points by the bonuses, for me for example i always have a 20x points for milk coupon and i always buy my milk there every week(make a point to go out of my way and buy it at shoppers), and it gives me 1,000 points.. i wouldn't be surprised if half my points have come from buying milk in addition to a "spend $10-20 and get 2000-5000 points" style coupons.. and my huge concern is those sorts of personal bonuses are going to dry up..because it takes no effort to spend $20-30 at the grocery store, buying staples, where it takes alot more effort to buy the staples at shoppers (and you pay a touch more for those staples.. the bonus points drag you in to shoppers for that)this might be the death of the shoppers program for me personally..

i have to drive 20+ minutes to get to the closest no shoppers loblaws store so i rarely go there
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wondering the same.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My feelings are mixed too!

Keep in mind on your point #1... SDM is so overpriced that you would probably save that $20 back by redeeming at Superstore or NoFrills versus redeeming at SDM.

What I am most concerned about is losing the different tiers for redemption, and the bonus redemption days.

If they continue the 20x days etc, then I might be okay with this. Still need more details.

I don't necessarily agree - I tend to buy at shoppers on 20x day but only buy sale items, or items I know are similarly priced to loblaws

But based on my shopping habits - I shop at Zehrs, not the cheaper stores

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am worried about bonus redemptions... I always look forward to the big one before christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    This is admittedly being picky, but what is stated can be interpreted to mean there will be events like those, which isn't the same as promising to continue those exact same events. Fwiw, my guess is that they will be continued with little or no change; the thing I wonder about is for how long.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    https://www.pcplus.ca/static/announcements/english.html states "Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix" not at the Loblaws-owned grocery stores.
    I assumed we would get points on every dollar spent.Guess I will mostly stick with PMing Superstore and Your Independent Grocer flyer items at Save On Foods to get Save On More points.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 07:48 PM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Read this email this morning as I woke up. All I can say is uuuggh.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tend to earn 20 full SDM redemptions each year (diabetic). I end up donating items I redeem for and buying stuff like video games and make up as Christmas gifts as I don't redeem for everyday stuff. I'd much rather redeem for groceries as I shop exclusively at my local Your Independent grocery store. This merge works better for me personally even though the ROI will be less on points earned on shops after February.

So I will shop at SDM and redeem for groceries. I will hold onto most of my 8 redemption for conversion on Feb 1. After buying that Ninetendo Switch and games for my son for Christmas.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i do have concerns...the current shoppers program is a really great program, and it's great for the users of the program (some may argue too good, compared to other programs being offered) yes it will be nice to see a higher per dollar points value, and being able to use them at stores other then shoppers is a good thing..

but my concerns is where people get all their points from, how will that be effected? most people don't earn most their points by the dollars they spend, they earn their points by the bonuses, for me for example i always have a 20x points for milk coupon and i always buy my milk there every week(make a point to go out of my way and buy it at shoppers), and it gives me 1,000 points.. i wouldn't be surprised if half my points have come from buying milk in addition to a "spend $10-20 and get 2000-5000 points" style coupons.. and my huge concern is those sorts of personal bonuses are going to dry up..because it takes no effort to spend $20-30 at the grocery store, buying staples, where it takes alot more effort to buy the staples at shoppers (and you pay a touch more for those staples.. the bonus points drag you in to shoppers for that)this might be the death of the shoppers program for me personally..

i have to drive 20+ minutes to get to the closest no shoppers loblaws store so i rarely go there
    I agree with this. Whether I continue to shop at SDM will depend on the bonus promotions and personal offers.

I stopped shopping at SDM in January when I tired of the low personal offers. I started up again at SDM about a month ago because the offers improved (not sure when, stopped looking) and knowing the pre-Christmas promotions were coming.

My Pcplus offers has been horrible since June, never more than 7 offers, never more than 100 pts wus $1 on things I've bought previously. I'm not logging into my pc account until December, see if that makes a difference.

So needless to say, I don't see this as good news but I will work with whatever program works the best. I also prefer to shop Canadian so that is a factor as well.
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    I tend to earn 20 full SDM redemptions each year (diabetic). I end up donating items I redeem for and buying stuff like video games and make up as Christmas gifts as I don't redeem for everyday stuff. I'd much rather redeem for groceries as I shop exclusively at my local Your Independent grocery store. This merge works better for me personally even though the ROI will be less on points earned on shops after February.

So I will shop at SDM and redeem for groceries. I will hold onto most of my 8 redemption for conversion on Feb 1. After buying that Ninetendo Switch and games for my son for Christmas.
    Your post is a good reminder that value isn't just measured in dollars and cents, not by everyone anyway. It also has a subjective component that can comprise various factors that can be weighted quite differently from person to person. Getting something you want more or that is more useful to you can indeed represent better value than a cheaper alternative you want less or that is less useful.

Page 4 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information