User Tag List

Page 2 of 233 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

I just hope Shoppers continues to have 20x the points as usually the only time I ever shop there.
    barbis9, Ciel and dahliagrower like this.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do think having the choice of where I want to spend my points is awesome..... I'm just worried that I won't be able to build up my points as fast.

Name:  George.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by Mich649; Wed, Nov 8th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harrowgirl View Post
    I'm wondering if they'll still do bonus redemptions as good as what they currently have....

I have 450,000 optimum points right now - trying to figure out if I should redeem them all in December with bonus redemptions or hang on to them for conversion to use at zehrs.
    I'm in the same boat, unless it's a great promo, I think I'll only buy what I need for the holidays, have the rest converted in February.

With this new program, I don't see cashing in at SDM anymore, earn at SDM when it makes sense, cash in for groceries where there is better value.
    barbis9, Ciel, emma008 and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, unless it's a great promo, I think I'll only buy what I need for the holidays, have the rest converted in February.

With this new program, I don't see cashing in at SDM anymore, earn at SDM when it makes sense, cash in for groceries where there is better value.
    Yes - I think probably this is what I will do too. I am going to miss my big December haul of $800 worth of stuff every year, as I know with my PC points I spend them pretty much as a collect them and don't hoard them.

also wondering if SDM will still have 20x the points and get 18,500 events.
    barbis9, Ciel and maple7 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about this either. I kind of liked collecting SDM and doing a big redemption when the time is right. I did just redeem in the past 2 weeks and got a few Christmas/birthday gifts. After the GC points are applied I will have enough points to redeem $170 x 3. Not sure I want to let them convert over to the new program. Will be redeeming one more time before Christmas for sure.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes - I think probably this is what I will do too. I am going to miss my big December haul of $800 worth of stuff every year, as I know with my PC points I spend them pretty much as a collect them and don't hoard them.

I seem to hoard both my points but I really like having at least $500 in PC pts on hand and am waiting to redeem once I have at least $560 so I can redeem $60 and still be above $500.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://pcoptimum.loyalty.shoppersdr.../announce.html

You will continue to earn points with exclusive points events, like the
    Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix“20x the points” events.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I think , personally.. the next few months are going to be good with points.... then after the big move over... we will get loads of offers... like when PC plus first went live.. then it will slow down.
    that being said.. I am certainly going to be taking advantage of the extra deals but being aware they will prob slow down to a normal rate....
    uanoor, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I think this will be a good move (for me). Never could figure out how to spend my SDM points for $170 worth of stuff.

I have 2 things I wonder about.
    1. If you have 2 SDM accounts (Husband and wife) but only 1 PCplus account, what will be the best way to handle that?
    2. Will we still be able to transfer points between cards?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yalso wondering if SDM will still have 20x the points and get 18,500 events.
    We don't have full details about the actual implementation, but they have said there will be 20x. Fwiw, I guess they will also have something like the 18500 events, although I don't think they will be exactly the same because the base value of the PCO points (a flat 1.5% of your SDM purchases) won't be the same as it currently is for Opt pts. (1.25% with escalating value levels).
    barbis9, Ciel and redhdlois like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for posting OP! Super excited for this merger considering I only pop into SDM once a year to get the bday points and the occasional bag of milk when it's a card offer lol
    barbis9, Ciel and elusive like this.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im not sure why everyone is so excited about this change? Other than the freedom of spending your points at multiple stores
    (shoppers, no frills, superstore, etc.) and being able to redeem up to $500 at one time...
    You wont be accumulating points as fast. With the old system, you would get 95000 points which is $170 for spending $475 on 20 times the points days. You now have to spend $567 to get 170000 pc points on 20 times days which is $170.

Doesn't sound very good to me.....
    kerrylj, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Biggest buzz around it on social media today, fingers crossed that in the end us customers don't get the short end of the stick .
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

see my post above. You are getting the short end of the stick.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Initially the transfer of your points you won t lose out on any.
    We will now be earning 15 points per dollar on a 20x day you will earn 15000 on $50 and it will be worth $15
    So you are earning more
    Not necessarily earning more. Because of the way that I redeem, I value 1,000 Optimum points as worth $2. So the 10K points I would earn for spending $50 on a 20x day were worth $20 for me.

I have mixed feelings about this merger.

1. Am happy they are "converting at full points value", but for me, it's a little less than how I have valued points. The converter tells me my 109,500 current Optimum points will be valued at $188. I would have valued it at $219. So losing about $20 if I wait to have converted. Maybe I will redeem them later this month (hopefully they have a Spend Your Points Event)

2. Am happy to be able to use my points at RCSS or YIG or SDM, but think that within a year, I will be earning less points, and that they will be worth less, that I did when the two programs were separate.
    barbis9, Ciel, renegado and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 233 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information