User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block is Back!!! up to 2000 Air Miles (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Questions for those who have done this before as this is my first time:

I have completed 7/7 and did everything as a separate transaction (being paranoid) and have stapled a copy of coupon used to the receipts. (Just to keep myself organized).

One thing I have noticed is when I gave the coupons to Sobeys for chocolate/taco kit/Maple Leaf counter deli, there is a "PLU" on the receipt and I rec'd the bonus points as indicated on the coupon but when I did the redemption tasks at both Sobeys and Metro, it simply says, "promo" as a separate line on the receipt and the bonus points weren't added to the receipts (25 bonus AM for redeeming 95AM). Is this normal? (I like that I can see "PLU" and bonus points on the receipt because I know they are definitely counted in the 'tasks'.

Also, I made sure that I did 25 transactions on my Amex card as a task - but I have had to do a few refunds. Do they minus the transactions if a refund is processed?

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by staceymic; Wed, Dec 6th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

No points on mine when redeemed. Cashier said it appears later. Will check on Sunday as that is my understanding that they update that day.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just hope that they put the coupon in properly because the store had that promotion for those 3 days without the coupon anyway. I watched them scan them though but who knows? I just don't want to put all of this work into it to be told you only did 5 tasks, you know?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Keep your receipts!
    staceymic and fegonia like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Got my miles posted for a shop at Foodland on December 2nd...
    +20BAM STB WUB 3 Maple Lodge Bologna
    +50BAM In store WUB4 Maple Lodge Bologna

And even though It won't really be helpful for me in terms of benefits, I should be able to get to 1,000AM this year, meaning Gold status for me!
    staceymic likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by staceymic View Post

I have completed 7/7 and did everything as a separate transaction (being paranoid) and have stapled a copy of coupon used to the receipts. (Just to keep myself organized).

One thing I have noticed is when I gave the coupons to Sobeys for chocolate/taco kit/Maple Leaf counter deli, there is a "PLU" on the receipt and I rec'd the bonus points as indicated on the coupon but when I did the redemption tasks at both Sobeys and Metro, it simply says, "promo" as a separate line on the receipt and the bonus points weren't added to the receipts (25 bonus AM for redeeming 95AM). Is this normal? (I like that I can see "PLU" and bonus points on the receipt because I know they are definitely counted in the 'tasks'.

Also, I made sure that I did 25 transactions on my Amex card as a task - but I have had to do a few refunds. Do they minus the transactions if a refund is processed?

Thanks for any advice!
    My Sobeys 95am redemption says "Promo #8" and the Metro redemption has "marketing promotion .05" and a second line "marketing promotion -.05".

Points will come later.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think something went wrong on my AM redemption at Sobeys. I see no mention of AM Promo or Bonus at all. I am dreading contacting CS when this is all over.

For those who purchased the taco kit, my CO51 offers had a $1.50 cash back reward. My app had a rebate for the Herbal Essences too but I can't remember if it was $1.50 or $2.
    staceymic likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I think something went wrong on my AM redemption at Sobeys. I see no mention of AM Promo or Bonus at all. I am dreading contacting CS when this is all over.

For those who purchased the taco kit, my CO51 offers had a $1.50 cash back reward. My app had a rebate for the Herbal Essences too but I can't remember if it was $1.50 or $2.
    Thanks so much for mentioning then1.50 cash back for taco kit! Claimed mine just in time before checkout51 switched over thanks to your post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    staceymic likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by staceymic View Post

Thanks for any advice!
    My Sobey's air miles was all one line for the chocolate and shampoo and says Bonus Reward Miles. I hope they got it right. Global Pet Foods has the same thing, as does Rexall, but Shell says "Shop The Block".
    Anna Michele and staceymic like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My Sobeys receipt does say Promo #8. Phew!
    Anna Michele, staceymic and maple7 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay! Mine has the same thing!
    Last edited by staceymic; Thu, Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I am heading to Rexall after work tonight and I am wondering if you can use the Buy $40 dollars worth of fragrances with the $5 off $25 survey coup AAAANNNNDDDD the 110 Airmiles offered by Rexall for a purchase over $50 today only. HHHEEELLLPPPPPPP! Thanks everybody!!!

I am using this as one of my steps on Shop Around the Block (buy $40 worth of fragrance) and don't want to mess that up by using other Airmiles promos....

Which ones can I use together?
    Last edited by Thumpersmom; Thu, Dec 7th, 2017 at 07:52 PM.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't know, but I might have sabotaged myself. I asked at customer service why the bonus AM didn't show up when I did the redemption. She tried something but eventually said she couldn't refund the AM and redo the transaction, once they were redeemed, they were redeemed, and to keep the receipts in case. I only had enough to do one redemption so I didn't worry about it.

Now in my email, I see a notification about the first redemption, then a second redemption, then a redemption reversal. I hope nothing canceled the first transaction. When are the AM rewards expected to show up? March 14th?
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 01:20 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They did this in my account also. I figure as long as your account has -95 less, then it worked

[/QUOTE]

Now in my email, I see a notification about the first redemption, then a second redemption, then a redemption reversal. I hope nothing canceled the first transaction. When are the AM rewards expected to show up? March 14th?[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 07:50 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    I am heading to Rexall after work tonight and I am wondering if you can use the Buy $40 dollars worth of fragrances with the $5 off $25 survey coup AAAANNNNDDDD the 110 Airmiles offered by Rexall for a purchase over $50 today only. HHHEEELLLPPPPPPP! Thanks everybody!!!

I am using this as one of my steps on Shop Around the Block (buy $40 worth of fragrance) and don't want to mess that up by using other Airmiles promos....

Which ones can I use together?
    I have used a previous shop the block coupon, plus $5 off coupon, plus 100 Airmiles WUS $50. Air Miles appeared in account the next day. Pretty happy with how Rexall handles air miles
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information