User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block is Back!!! up to 2000 Air Miles (Nov 14 to Dec 14, 2017)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I didn't get an email today at all. 3 separate cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya airmiles posted on Facebook that they would send out emails to people tomorrow listing which offers have been used towards on the promo. That should help people identify which ones they are missing
    macw1960 and MrsMer like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

looks like they changed their mind

AIR MILES CanadaHi Maria, we understand your disappointment in not receiving the MILES you were hoping for during Shop the Block. You will be receiving an email by Feb 8, 2018 to confirm the coupons you used. If there is a discrepancy after you receive that email, you can send us a missing miles request via our Website. We will require the receipts from the all coupons you used to verify that at least 7 coupons were used to earn 2000 MILES. Once we receive your email, we will take it from there.

Hi Anna, we apologize for any confusion. We did ask Collectors to wait while we were processing the Shop The Block Miles. These have now been processed, so if you have not received the Miles you were expecting, please get in touch. You can send us a PM, use our Live Chat on our website or call us at 1-888-AIR-MILES.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Got my 1000 missing points after calling thankfully i keep proof of every offer so wasnt much of a hassel. So earned my full 2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So I never did get an email, but I talked to their live chat. Definitely do this. They will ask you for a list of transaction dates to speed it up so get that all ready before you message them. Points were added instantly.

Also don't forget that if your offer didn't actually go through, you will also be missing the points for those offers. In my case, Air Miles shops did not work, and a bunch of Sobeys offers didn't either, so they had to manually add an extra 180 points or so for those too. Make sure you ask for your missing ones
    Silk, trinity991, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did live chat today and they added 153 Air Miles for me and that includes my Canada Post purchase for Shop The Block.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Yae--got my missing 1000 AM! When I did my gas purchase at Shell, the cashier forgot to scan my card; he redid it and assured me it went through okay--not!
    Airmiles even gave me the 10 AM I should have earned from the STB coupon book. Yes it pays to ask

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wow, for so many people to be missing miles, I hope there aren't other first timers that have not kept their receipts and trust the miles to show up. I was also missing the Shell offer and had to call in for 1010 AM. I'd love for it to be an automated program where you complete seven offers and 2000 bonus miles magically appear on your receipt. I get that there are different vendors, different systems, times posted, etc. I like the rewards, but they certainly make you go through hoops to get them.

Thank goodness for SC and the people here! I kept all my receipts together and had them ready for when I called in.
    Silk, trinity991, walkonby and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Does anybody still have the list of eligible transactions?
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    Does anybody still have the list of eligible transactions?
    The offers kept getting updated (neither of my screenshots include the Metro offer, for instance), but here's what I've got (Ontario offers):

https://i.imgur.com/q2OzNby.png

https://i.imgur.com/5t2mHa8.png
    Thumpersmom, Silk and MrsMer like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

At which stores can you use Air Miles easily? I never have problems at Metro, Rona or Rexall. But I hate using Air Miles at Sobeys. Their machines rarely work with the app. Today I literally spent 40 minutes in the store trying to get a raincheque and trying to cash my air miles...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wanted to find a thread where someone ( if there is anyone ) who can kind of tell me how much I paid per roll for the toilet paper I bought today?

Here is what I did today at Sobeys

Bought 2 x 50 roll pkgs of Cashmere @ $16.99 each ( earning 25 Bonus AM wyb 2 ) total $33.98
    Bought 12 jugs Iced tea @ .99 each ( each jug 3.79 Litres ) total $11.88

total with taxes came to $50.28

I redeemed 5 x 75 Air Miles = 375 AM to get $50.00 off, so my OOP was just 28 cents.
    The cashier laughed when I said I had to put it on my CC as I had no cash, then she quickly grabbed some change out of her apron and said " oh no....don't put .28 on your card! " and she paid it.

ha ha ha

o.k. so, how do I figure out what each roll of the TP cost me? I mean normally I would never pay that kind of price for TP, but I figured there are 50 rolls in each pkg and I earned some AM back by buying 2 pkgs , PLUS that great discount on the redeem ( 75 instead of 95 ).
    Hoping all those factors made it a deal.

If ya know , let me know.
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@walkonby: I would estimate about $0.27 - $0.30 per roll, taxes in, depending on how you calculate your discount.

Here's my hand wavy guess:

Financial cost: $33.98 for two packages * 13% tax = $38.40 - $0.28 cashier discount (ha ha!) = $38.12

Air Miles: 25 + 1.48 (1 AM for spending $20, ratio of $33.98 to $45.86) + 76.24 (special redemption reduction, 20 AM saved per $10 redemption) = 102.72 AM
    102.72 AM = $10.81 at the redemption value of 95 AM = $10
    $38.12 - 10.81 = $27.31/100 rolls = $0.27 per roll or $0.24 per roll before taxes
    The handwaviest part of the calculation was the 1.48 AM as the TP portion of the total, but even when I tried it with 1 AM as a substitute, it works out to the same number. The 0.48 AM is insignificant to the cost of the individual roll.

OR:

If you consider the 26.48 AM earned for buying the TP as money earned for a future shop, then it's just the discount of 76.24 AM for redeeming during the promotional period.

76.24 AM = $8.03 at the redemption value of 95 AM = $10.
    $38.12 - 8.03 = $30.09 total/100 rolls = $0.30 per roll after tax or about $0.27 per roll before tax.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Edit: Missed that AM were redeemed more than once. Recalculated!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

did you cash in for 50 .00 or 10 .00 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I wanted to find a thread where someone ( if there is anyone ) who can kind of tell me how much I paid per roll for the toilet paper I bought today?

Bought 2 x 50 roll pkgs of Cashmere @ $16.99 each ( earning 25 Bonus AM wyb 2 ) total $33.98

I redeemed 5 x 75 Air Miles = 375 AM to get $50.00 off, so my OOP was just 28 cents.
    The cashier laughed when I said I had to put it on my CC as I had no cash, then she quickly grabbed some change out of her apron and said " oh no....don't put .28 on your card! " and she paid it.

ha ha ha

o.k. so, how do I figure out what each roll of the TP cost me? I mean normally I would never pay that kind of price for TP, but I figured there are 50 rolls in each pkg and I earned some AM back by buying 2 pkgs , PLUS that great discount on the redeem ( 75 instead of 95 ).

to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - thanks for your post. I was wondering if we could do the promo more than once and if so, if it had to be different transactions. Also wondered if they would take 75AM right away or 95AM and then give 20AM back.

So now I know we can do multiples and in 1 transaction and it's 75AM redeemed on the spot Did everything show up on your receipt right away?

And lucky you - the promo doesn't start here until Friday the 23rd (ends on Sunday the 25th).

Silk

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

ha ha ha

Last edited by Silk; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2018 at 01:38 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Giseledta and @Silk hope I answered your questions in the rep comment I left you.
    If anyone else is curious the 75 AM x 5 that I redeemed showed up right on my receipt as -375 AM redeemed.
    Because Sobeys is normally more expensive in almost everything they sell then other stores, I probably won't go back to redeem anymore of my AM on this promo.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Feb 23rd, 2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: left some words out in a sentence....lol!!
    Giseledta, Silk and torontogal12 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information