User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Loblaws Prime Membership $99 yr or $9.99/month

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    It will depend on how much you use it.. its somewhat similar to Costco.. Our membership is covered by rewards from the shopping my husband does there.. plus extras..
    I also get basically a free appetizer lunch from Costco more or less every time I go. So even if I don't reap rewards over and above the cost of membership, free light lunch for two every Saturday when my mom and I go is worth it. Even a cheap burger each would cost $10+ for lunch for both of us.

If Loblaws included a random free package of something to try every time I shopped, this might be worth it.
    sampler, dagney, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I would get exactly zero points because I don't use or purchase any of those items.

Quote Originally Posted by dchu76 View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lobl...gram-1.4410033

Monday's announcement is targeting at PC Plus loyalty members who are also President's Choice Financial Mastercard holders, and banking on their being willing to pay a little bit more, to get more in terms of points and discounts.
    During the pilot program, anyone who signs up will get the following perks any time they use their MasterCard:

• 20 per cent back in PC points on the essentials such as diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online.
    • 20 per cent back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com.
    • 20 times the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca.
    • Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations.
    • Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases.
    • $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only).
    dagney, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I find myself intrigued by this but I don't buy anything on the list.
    dagney, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hmm, let me think about this <insert sarcasm here!>

During the pilot program, anyone who signs up will get the following perks any time they use their MasterCard I pay by my Scotia bank CC and I already get 4% cash back!:

• 20 per cent back in PC points on the essentials such as diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online. My kids are teenagers and most organic stuff is just an excuse to charge more ... no thanks!
    • 20 per cent back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com. I don't buy enough Joe Fresh to make it worth while.
    • 20 times the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca. Don't buy from here ever.
    • Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations. I used this once, they screwed up, they tried to fix it and screwed up again, Customer Service contacted me again and I was still $20 out of pocket ... err no thanks, 3 strikes, it's out (and Save on Foods deliver for the same price you have to go and collect in Superstore)
    • Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases. Won't ever use this!
    • $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only). I book where I get the best deal, so probably won't use this!
    dagney, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post

During the pilot program, anyone who signs up will get the following perks any time they use their MasterCard I pay by my Scotia bank CC and I already get 4% cash back!:

• 20 per cent back in PC points on the essentials such as diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online. My kids are teenagers and most organic stuff is just an excuse to charge more ... no thanks!
    • 20 per cent back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com. I don't buy enough Joe Fresh to make it worth while.
    • 20 times the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca. Don't buy from here ever.
    • Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations. I used this once, they screwed up, they tried to fix it and screwed up again, Customer Service contacted me again and I was still $20 out of pocket ... err no thanks, 3 strikes, it's out (and Save on Foods deliver for the same price you have to go and collect in Superstore)
    • Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases. Won't ever use this!
    • $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only). I book where I get the best deal, so probably won't use this!
    This is exactly my situation!! I am definitely NOT their demographic.
    Colsgirl, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    This is exactly my situation!! I am definitely NOT their demographic.
    times three for me!!

We were sent the offer this morning and I laughed and laughed!!
    Colsgirl, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At least with Costco I save a fortune on allergy medication and that covers my membership fees.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Nov 21st, 2017 at 07:02 PM.
    Colsgirl and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post

which Scotia card pays 4%?
    Ciel likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Scotiabank Momentum Visa ($99 fee/yr w/ $5000min credit limit @ $60K Personal OR $100K Household Income)
    4% Groceries & Gas
    2% Drug Stores & Bills
    1% Everything Else
    Colsgirl, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It made me laugh and hit delete on the email. If you had babies and used organic food maybe.
    my son works at RCSS so no need to order my groceries since I am there at least 3 times a week to drop off or pick up. I spend zero on make up and have yet to find PC travel to be the best deal.
    If they start screwing with the points we can earn I am confident one of you Smart Canucks will help us find a better credit card option.
    dagney, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Scotiabank Momentum Visa ($99 fee/yr w/ $5000min credit limit @ $60K Personal OR $100K Household Income)
    4% Groceries & Gas
    2% Drug Stores & Bills
    1% Everything Else
    Yes, this is the CC we have. Grocery stores include Save on Foods and RCSS, but not Walmart ... gas stations are any. For the last 12 months, we just got $900 back into our account, that we can spend anywhere. We didn't have any large ticket items this year, that was just regular shopping (putting everything on the CC). We treat it like Interact and so make sure we pay it of in full every month ... I'm not paying interest to them ever!!
    barbis9, Ciel and Lavender Lady like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post

4% Groceries & Gas
    2% Drug Stores & Bills
    1% Everything Else
    I have the same card... while I pay $99/year (something I thought I would NEVER do for a credit card) the 4% on gas alone is enough for me (I travel a lot for work).
    It pays me back several hundred $ a year on gas alone. The rebate amount goes right back onto the visa statement annually -- It literally pays for itself.

ALSO... Barbis9 (and others) go through Amazon.ca and apply and get the first $99 annual fee waived, AND get a $75 Amazon store credit. (link below)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005WXN5R0

This is how I got roped into the card, and I've had it for a few years now.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Nov 22nd, 2017 at 09:24 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a big "Not interested" from me to Loblaws 'pay' program.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Hmmm...sounds interesting. Have to check out the Scotiabank Momentum Visa cc. Tkx.

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I have the same card... while I pay $99/year (something I thought I would NEVER do for a credit card) the 4% on gas alone is enough for me (I travel a lot for work).
    It pays me back several hundred $ a year on gas alone. The rebate amount goes right back onto the visa statement annually -- It literally pays for itself.

ALSO... Barbis9 (and others) go through Amazon.ca and apply and get the first $99 annual fee waived, AND get a $75 Amazon store credit. (link below)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005WXN5R0

This is how I got roped into the card, and I've had it for a few years now.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

4% Groceries & Gas
    2% Drug Stores & Bills
    1% Everything Else
    For those who'd prefer to deal with another bank, CIBC has a similar Visa, and I suspect there are others available, both Visa and MC.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information