User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Loblaws Prime Membership $99 yr or $9.99/month

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    @jrs101, or anyone who is already a member, does the PC Organics line included the "Free From" meats (chicken, sausages, etc.)? I've just received a second invitation and I'm considering it.
    No it doesn't. But as soon as I bought PC Organics apples, eggs, milk, etc it showed up on my weekly offers consistently. And if I don't use them I will move to the next week. The best is when they have a sale/offer in store on any these items. Then I triple dip on the savings.

If you fly at least once a year, then the program is an easy sell with the travel credit. My experience with the PC Travel was this: Found a great price on kayak for an AA flight. Tried it on PC Travel and the price was much higher. Called PC Travel and told them, they looked it up while on the phone and manually adjusted then immediately applied credit and then billed my PCMC and then sent me invoice. Great service.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jrs101 View Post
    No it doesn't. But as soon as I bought PC Organics apples, eggs, milk, etc it showed up on my weekly offers consistently. And if I don't use them I will move to the next week. The best is when they have a sale/offer in store on any these items. Then I triple dip on the savings.

If you fly at least once a year, then the program is an easy sell with the travel credit. My experience with the PC Travel was this: Found a great price on kayak for an AA flight. Tried it on PC Travel and the price was much higher. Called PC Travel and told them, they looked it up while on the phone and manually adjusted then immediately applied credit and then billed my PCMC and then sent me invoice. Great service.
    Good to know. Thanks!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Got a phone call from PC asking me to 'join' the program--I had to ask if there was any cost. The person pitching the offer was getting really disappointed when I kept saying no. She could not seem to grasp that this was not a good deal for me! She didn't believe that clink'n'collect couldnt be in my area.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    Got a phone call from PC asking me to 'join' the program--I had to ask if there was any cost. The person pitching the offer was getting really disappointed when I kept saying no. She could not seem to grasp that this was not a good deal for me! She didn't believe that clink'n'collect couldnt be in my area.
    My friend had a similar call. She told them that if they kept insisting, she'd shift her shopping to Sobey's and cancel PC Optimum account all together.

Oddly enough, they didnt care... But why would they?

Of course, PC farmed out their sales to a third part telemarketing firm whose primary goal is to get applicants... They get paid for each one they sell, but they dont lose a thing if you don't, or if you quit all together. So they just insist and insist and insist. They told her they couldnt cancel her account, but she could contact PC Optimum directly if she wanted to cancel

When my friend contacted PC Optimum, they didnt seem to care either, and closed her account (we think).
    Way to go Loblaws.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    My friend had a similar call. She told them that if they kept insisting, she'd shift her shopping to Sobey's and cancel PC Optimum account all together.

Oddly enough, they didnt care... But why would they?

Of course, PC farmed out their sales to a third part telemarketing firm whose primary goal is to get applicants... They get paid for each one they sell, but they dont lose a thing if you don't, or if you quit all together. So they just insist and insist and insist. They told her they couldnt cancel her account, but she could contact PC Optimum directly if she wanted to cancel

When my friend contacted PC Optimum, they didnt seem to care either, and closed her account (we think).
    Way to go Loblaws.
    Take it from a former marketing exec. Large companies seldom pay any meaningful amount of attention to threats that individual consumers make to take their business elsewhere. There are two main reasons. One is that the amount of business at risk is basically meaningless. The other is that relatively few of the people who make such threats actually follow through, so the actual expected loss of business is a fairly small fraction of a miniscule fraction of the company's sales.
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Take it from a former marketing exec. Large companies seldom pay any meaningful amount of attention to threats that individual consumers make to take their business elsewhere. There are two main reasons. One is that the amount of business at risk is basically meaningless. The other is that relatively few of the people who make such threats actually follow through, so the actual expected loss of business is a fairly small fraction of a miniscule fraction of the company's sales.
    This is the exact mindset that takes down entire corporations. I'm sure Tim Horton's thought the exact same thing, same with the taxi industry, there's so many examples. Oh well, I won't shed any tears.
    MillieH and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoucyDance View Post
    This is the exact mindset that takes down entire corporations. I'm sure Tim Horton's thought the exact same thing, same with the taxi industry, there's so many examples. Oh well, I won't shed any tears.
    You're not comparing like to like. Widespread consumer action can be very effective, but my post wasn't about that. It was about complaints from a number of people who represent "a fairly small fraction of a minuscule fraction of the company's sales."
    torontogal12 likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Received an interesting offer on a subscription today by email:

SIGN UP FOR AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION BY 3PM EST ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 & GET 100,000 PC OPTIMUM POINTS**

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SIGN UP FOR AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION BY 3PM EST ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 & GET 100,000 PC OPTIMUM POINTS**
    That basically makes it free for a year - seems like a deal!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I cannot find a link to this program
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Aug 27th, 2018 at 05:18 AM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Was the link exclusive to you or is it a general offer for everyone?

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received this offer and in the fine print it says it by invitation only with a referral code provided in the email. I did notice it is a “pilot” program invite.

I have been holding off on the prime membership despite numerous invites to join over the last few months. The previous invites were only bonuses of 10,000 PCO points. With the 100,000 points bonus and $99 PC travel credit I was sold.
    Colsgirl and torontogal12 like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Was the link exclusive to you or is it a general offer for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dior17 View Post
    I received this offer and in the fine print it says it by invitation only with a referral code provided in the email. I did notice it is a “pilot” program invite.

I have been holding off on the prime membership despite numerous invites to join over the last few months. The previous invites were only bonuses of 10,000 PCO points. With the 100,000 points bonus and $99 PC travel credit I was sold.
    Yes, this was an exclusive offer to select PC Optimum members who are also PC MasterCard customers and there is an invitation code that must be entered in order to receive the 100,000 points bonus offer for subscribing. I haven't taken the plunge yet but, with this offer, it's hard to find any reason not to!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I received this offer and two days before it I received a code that if I spent $50 I would get 10,000 points back ... this could be used for three transactions. So I have just joined $99 for the year and they gave me 100,000 points back. I'm just waiting to see if the offer stacks to get another 3 x 10,000 points back!
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dior17 View Post

If you go to the page and scroll down, it says if you don't have a code you can join a waitlist. I opened the page and my friends all joined the waitlist ... hopefully they will get the same 100,000 deal!
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information