User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: [Rant] Want to save money? Shop Black Friday—they don’t have anything!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Black Friday and even Boxing Day sales are no longer that good these days. Lot of unwanted & outdated things & older models seem to go on sale these days.
    Sometimes I find better deals & clearance sales in January than on Black Friday & Boxing Day sales, when retailers are clearing out last year stuff.
    I hear that...

I used to be the type who would stand out in the cold waiting for Future Shop (remember them?) to open up... scoping out a few key items from their Boxing Day flyer.

Now when I look at the Boxing Day sales I say "I saw that for the same price in August" -- and with some of the stuff showing on (Canadian) Black Friday deals, I know I actually DID get them for a better price back in July.

It also seems that ever since Black Friday started being a thing here in Canada (only the last few years, has it been -- it never was) that neither Black Friday nor Boxing day are all that impressive.. as they kind of balanced one another out.

I was wondering if it was that I just got to be a better shopper all-year-round or if the deals are really all that less impressive than they used to be. Maybe it's a bit of both.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)

This year I actually got/shopped Black Friday! Item on DS's Santa list- New out and reg $249.99. Black Friday not advertised in Sportchek flyer $99.99 and no tax 8-10am. I also bought myself a small Smart tv for bedroom- free with pc points. Perfect for me and I am happy with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information