User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What did you redeem for on the weekend?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Curious on everyone's hauls!

I had a hard time redeeming one time. Spent almost 2 hours in my crappy store. Saving my last 2 redemptions for after Christmas hoping to get lots of deals on clearance.

I redeemed $170.00 (subtotal was $171.57 plus $14.28 in tax)

4 x Royale TP
    Paper towel
    Blistex
    2 x eggs
    lipstick for me
    Face scrub for me
    Leadbetter Sausage
    Pintys chicken
    Olay Holiday gift pack in bag (for Grandma)
    2 x diapers (gift)
    Dove Shampoo/condition combo pack (me)
    2 x Doritos (kids stocking)
    2 x Christie crackers
    2 x Cool Water gift sets (gifts)
    3 x chocolate milk
    2 x chocolate chips

A few gifts, a few treats and household and food. Happy with my little haul even though it was very time consuming!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So much fun stuff (5 redemptions, in 3 different store)! and a whole bunch of what I usually buy

Christmas presents: electric heating pad, remote control car, lego tape, Nom Nums, Dove Men and Axe sets, Rubix Cube set, 2 wii U games, chocolates, snowball makers,
    eggs, cream cheese, tostitos, gingerale, condensed cream, hashbrowns, eggos, breyers, coffee cream, chocolate milk, egg nog, crackers, pudding, starbucks frap drinks, chicken strips, broccoli, pop, nutella, reese pb, onion soup mix, oil, ketchup, tylenol, toilet paper, vitamins, gel, deodorant, hair spray, shaving cream, razor blades, eye shadow, shampoo, mascara, socks, straws, juice boxes.

I found it easy to spend $850! Wish I would have done 1 more. I have a feeling this will be our last bonus redemption at this effective rate. ($248/95000 pts)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only redeemed $85 in points: got two boxes of huggies diapers, two packs of 6 roll bounty paper towel, two 6-packs of royale tissue, one pack of 12 dbl roll cashmere toilet paper, big bottle of aveeno lotion, herbal essence shampoo and conditioner
    paid 44 cents after redemption and coupons
    Last edited by Laurabelle81; Mon, Nov 27th, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I’m super happy with my redemptions!
    I did 2 previous to this weeked with my moms seniors discount on a Nintendo Switch and 3 games.

Then I had 2 more full and an $85 for this weekend.

I got 2 mascara samplers, and a cologne sampler. That was one gone ‘poof’

Then I did another on a Marley speaker and some prestige face care for my daughter. Another one gone.

My final $85 one was spent on stocking stuffers.

Thank you Shoppers Drug Mart!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just redeemed for $85 too-boring things like Tide, dental floss and food and then some chocolate for Xmas-although we started on it last night-lol.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Nov 27th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
    coupon girl and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I redeemed 95,000 and got Royale toilet paper, Bounty paper towels, Kraft peanut butter, lipstick, Smashbox makeup primer, Neutragena shampoo, and cleanser, Breathe Right strips, etc. It sure does not take long to spend the $170!
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I redeemed 95,000 points for $170, primarily for staple-items for the household (and only items that were on sale).

Name:  items.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  193.5 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Love the picture! I wanted to do the same but had to hide stuff as I brought it in the house

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

camera.... reg price 239... sale 179... spent 170 in pts...
    big gift for my youngest done.
    coupon girl and luckbealady like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I did 2 redemptions 1- 170.00 and an 85.00
    first one got mostly makeup for me
    smashbox primer,no.7 makup remover plus 500 points bonus,reversa cream ,la roche posey face wash all high end stuff then a bit of food some quaker oatmeal,vitamin c,xyliments,elastoplast bandages,advil for my grandson and 2 Cadbury bars and lindt bar plus a small quality street redemmed 170.00 spent 20.64

next redemption I made money .90-redemption was 85.00
    (2) Enfamil a+ liquid for my new granddaughter born on Friday ,eggs got back .25 from caddle,orange juice,cheese got back .50 from checkout51 ,heart burn pills and huggies diapers saved 3.00 in a coupon plus 4.00 back from checkout51= 3.00 total but from the checkout51 and caddle I got back 4.75 so I made .90 pretty awesome -gotta love shoppers

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I did one redemption for $170, and am really happy with it.

Kobo Aura 2 reader - This item was reason I did redemption on Saturday instead of Sunday when Kraft peanut butter was on sale. My store had only received 2 of these, so it's good I was there just after opening on Saturday.
    Finish tabs (will do MIR)
    Dove mousse
    Aussie shampoo and conditionner
    LB vitamin D drops
    LB glycerin soap
    CH bread
    PC biscuit tin
    Mini Wheats
    Royale tissues
    Always pads

The Kobo is for me. I have a Kobo mini that I got with a redemption 4.5 years ago, so wouldn't have paid $ for a new one, but this new one has a lit screen, so will be good when reading in a hotel room or in the evenings. I've already used it, and am quite happy with it.

Everything else that I bought (except the biscuits for dh) was on my list of things I need and all but the soap was was on sale, so I am happy with my haul.

Oh, and this week, it was my turn to get the 3 crappy SDM personal offers. Was disappointed, as it means I didn't earn any points on my redemption. But I will get money back with the Finish MIR, so can't really complain.
    Last edited by super807; Mon, Nov 27th, 2017 at 01:30 PM.
    nalaric likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

No redemption for me this weekend! I racked up a lot of extra points with SDM's Black Friday offers and I plan to continue earning points until February 1 when I can use all those points at RCSS and other PC grocery stores!
    Pointsman likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did 2 $170 redemptions and shopping buddy did 3 $170
    The first one was basically matching up coupons with sales for food, hygiene and cleaning products. The second one was clearance items, condiments, chocolate and other food items on sale that I wouldn't otherwise pay cash for.
    Shopping buddy did electronic items 3 times.
    I noticed that the store I shopped at had less variety of items then normal.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Mon, Nov 27th, 2017 at 10:06 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Had to drive around to 3 stores to get enough to redeem. Was annoying but did get a lot of stuff we needed

Fancy face cream for mom
    Google Home Mini (Christmas gift) was on sale for $39.99, which is about half price
    Eggs
    Juice
    meat

money adds up fast when you're buying ground beef and chicken
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    No redemption for me this weekend! I racked up a lot of extra points with SDM's Black Friday offers and I plan to continue earning points until February 1 when I can use all those points at RCSS and other PC grocery stores!
    Same for me! Although the 40,000pts back is very tempting, I find it nearly impossible to spend $170 on stuff that is not just on sale, but on sale at (or very near) the lowest price somewhere else, over the months ahead. eg. Bounty paper towels @ $4.99. But if you need em now that's a different story. and it makes sense for Christmas gift buying especially items like that Google Home mini at $39.99 [recently was $79 everywhere].

We pretty much do only small dollar shops at SDM, when those nice 8,000pt wus $30 offers come around (had a few of those in recent weeks), and then only get staples, that are on sale or same price as elsehere eg. milk, eggs, oj, coffee, soup, etc.

We're close to RCSS, so with more than $300 (converted value) in my SDM account, I'll wait till Feb1, then do our usual small order [$20-$40] maximizing price matching and deep discount sale items only; at the same time, I'll get a Gift Card [so many choices) and redeem equivalent points.

Later, we'll use the gift cards for those nice 50% off sales at stores like Marks, and for things we're not likely to buy for cash. like that special $75 bottle of single malt. For us, that definitely maximizes our ROP [return on points].
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Nov 28th, 2017 at 06:55 AM.
    lotsasavings likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information