User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin boy had a haircut this morning. Our hairdresser was complimenting us on our children. She called our 2.5yr Old by name and was impressed as he led the way to her chair. Dh and our son are booked for haircuts another evening.

We put up our Christmas tree this evening. I posted some sparkly balls for sale because we would rather not have a lot of sparkles in the house, especially when little ones keep wanting to touch everything.

I’ve taken some family requests for Christmas baking. I’ll see what I get done this week. I love baking, but life is always more complicated than that. Baking on the potential list consists of: chocolate revel bars, sugar cookies made with cream cheese, soft ginger cookies, millionaire shortbread squares, peanut butter marshmallow squares, haystack cookies, banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 17th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold the extra Christmas ornaments for $5.

My winter jacket was getting holes holes in the cuffs and lower arms, so I knew it needed to be replaced. I ultimately bought a coat from Mark’s Work Wearhouse for $87.xx including taxes. The jacket is regular $219.99, but it was 50% off and an additional 20% off everything in the store. I also earned Canadian Tire money on the purchase. It is a long coat and nearly reaches my knees, which is remarkable since I am 5’ 10” talk. It is a darker blue colour. The good is removable and so is the fur trim on the hood. I’m pretty happy with the purchase.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 17th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

watched baby cara this afternoon from 1-3 while son/wife spent time with Ashlyn on a sleigh ride and seeing mrs. claus and santa the kiddies got hot dogs and hot chocolate ,parents had a bit of wine tasting nice day for them -it was fun holding a baby again and feeding her -she is a little fussier than Ashlyn was as a baby ,but such fun it all comes back to you too even thou I had my son 32 years ago
    -in the morning had popped into rexall for my prescriptions and shopped while they were getting filled I got
    113 airmiles on a 61.48 dollar order a few good deals I got were
    (2) arrowroot cookies 1.88
    (1) pirate cookies 1.88-.75 checkout51=1.13
    (1) large eggs 1.99
    (1) Palmolive dish soap 1.99-1.00 cpn=.99
    (1) vicks Dayquil 9.99-1.00 cpn-1.50 checkout51=7.49
    (1) bag of starbucks coffee 8.99-3.00 managers sticker=5.99-3.00 cpn=2.99 awesome deal
    (1) carnation hot chocolate 2.99-1.00 cpn=1.99
    (1) honey nut cherrios 3.99-2.00 managers sticker =1.99

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son and I baked 5 dozen sugar cookies after supper tonight. When stacked, they take up 1/2 a gallon bucket. I’ll need to cut up and package the chocolate revel bars, then I’ll have my 9x13” pan back.

Tonight’s supper was veggie meat sauce, corn chips with marble cheese melted on top.
    Tomorrow’s supper will be a rotisserie chicken from Sobeys, Free because I have a coupon from when they ran out. We’ll probably have KD and veggies with it.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We did my work Christmas party tonight. Proud of my boys (14 and 16 yrs old) because when Santa came and had presents for them as well as all the littles, they participated gave him hugs, said thank you and didn't say anything about him not being real. Our oldest even bounced up and down before he got his present.

The potluck we took meat cheese and pickle trays. I had called to see what it would cost here in town to get one.... 26 inch tray of assorted meat cheese was 50 dollars. So we bought meats on sale. Cheese on sale. Crackers and pickles on sale. I spent 57 dollars on all of it... we didn't use half of each pack of meat and one of the cheeses. I used ritzes I had just opened instead of the new box as well as wheat thins. And one jar of pickles I didbtveven open. I think it works out to be a 35 dollar cost for what we did up. And lots of crackers n cheese came home.

I like to think I'm done Christmas shopping. I've got everything wrapped.

I've been.knitting more again and trying to make a dent in my stash... so I don't have to be on a yarn purchase diet come next trip out of town in 2018.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tis the season not to cook. Have had so many dinner/lunches out last week/weekend it is crazy.
    Tonight I am taking a beef roast out of the freezer and prepping it for the crockpot tomorrow. Then leftovers/using up freezer stuff.
    Did a $20 shop on the weekend that will get us through the week.

Have everything I need for Christmas morning breakfast (eggs, bacon/peameal, potatoes/onion to make home fries, OJ. Just need to grab a loaf of fresh bread on the weekend.)

Tonight I will fold the laundry in the dryer and put it away. Will gather up the dirty stuff and put in laundry room but wait till I have enough for a load (maybe tomorrow night just to keep up on it).
    Cleaned the bathrooms on the weekend so will just give them a touch up to keep them clean.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah finished my xmas cards #1 item crossed off my list -really needed to go out today but hubby had done a favour for our son and took his car in and I needed to pick him up ,so another day on Tuesday I get to go see ashlyn's xmas song her class is singing in the gym a small concert -so thrilled to go see her
    -supper tonight will be scrambled eggs and pancakes as we had fish and chips at sons last night

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I enjoyed reading through the Lindt magazine I saw at the Longos checkout on the weekend (ground cinnamon happened to be on sale and it was needed). Over at Value Village, I did not see a cardigan for me so no Sunday visit for the clothing sale.
    There was windchill yesterday so I don't mind today's rain much as the temperature is so mild for a change.

Today I looked at the library system's holiday hours-no Saturday hours this weekend, so that means 4 days without Internet.

Last night I watched the animated movie, Sing! It's lively and Rosita is a true MacGyver character!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I enjoyed reading through the Lindt magazine I saw at the Longos checkout on the weekend (ground cinnamon happened to be on sale and it was needed). Over at Value Village, I did not see a cardigan for me so no Sunday visit for the clothing sale.
    There was windchill yesterday so I don't mind today's rain much as the temperature is so mild for a change.

Today I looked at the library system's holiday hours-no Saturday hours this weekend, so that means 4 days without Internet.

Last night I watched the animated movie, Sing! It's lively and Rosita is a true MacGyver character!
    We have had snow ALL DAY LONG! Rain is suppose to come over night.

SING- that was a good movie. Saw that at the movies with my friend and our hockey players lol. They humour us
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys to pick up my free rotisserie chicken, but they were completely out again...so I got another coupon for a free chicken. I drove across town to buy a chicken and French bread from the CO-OP, and arrived home 1/2hr before the babysitter was scheduled to arrive.

I checked my Facebook pm after we got home from the movie. I entered my neighbour/friend into a contest at our local No Frills. I nominated her, but didn’t tell her. She won a $100gc to NF. She is one of 5 winners of $100, for people/families in need. I got butterflies when I read the message. I will tell her tomorrow and I know that it will be well received.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Dec 18th, 2017 at 11:47 PM.
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

getting ready to go to ashlyn's small concert ,just called the gap got a credit of 3.78 back on a small winter hat I bought cara
    -hopefully I can get out for an hour after the concert before hubby needs the car for work
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ordered stuff online which is coming in each day. Disappointed with the sephora birthday gift - it looked like pink online but more neutral brown. Since I haven't been able to drive I have saved a small fortune. Bought a small tree at holland park for $19.99 and it is perfect except my cat keeps climbing and eating it.

I can't believe how mild it is today, the snow has mostly melted.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Crazy day at work for me but needed to take a break and regroup!

I have a roast beef and potatoes in the crockpot. Will make green beans and gravy quick when I get home and dinner will be on the table!
    Then tidy the kitchen, empty the dishwasher and then my youngest and I are watching a Christmas movie and wrapping presents for his cousin and Grandma etc. Will be nice to have that done. He needs to write out a card for his teacher too to go with her gift (homemade soap! that my friend makes and sells) She had already wrapped it all up so I just need to add the card.

It is raining here right now. Roads are clear and hopefully the snow on the roof disappears before the snow returns.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

All our snow has melted. My level of busy has reached a whole new level of crazy because a family members surprise needs my assistance in planning and preparing. I am working at home Thursday and then off Friday so have created a list of things to get done by the 26th.

All my gifts are wrapped but the big gift for Logan has not arrived and Best Buy said today, now they say Wednesday, this is why I am not a fan of online shopping. I already know that both my DHs gifts will not arrive until the new year but of course Amazon did not tell me that until Friday so its too late to do anything about it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys tonight, since I had time to go by myself. I made out pretty good, but had to get a rain check for the turkey at $0.85/lb win $50 or more. I also got a free coupon for a roast ham because they were out of roast hand and chickens. The employee told me that head office recently changed it so that Sobeys cannot sell cold leftover rotisserie chickens, but they can turn them into chicken pot pies for the next day. She’d sold 100 rotisserie chickens today, but ran out at 7:30pm.

I used $9 in coupons.
    $75 - $60 in Air Miles - $3 CO51 - 50c Caddle
    earned 95AM for redeeming AM, Plus 29AM for today’s purchases.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:22 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information