User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree988Likes

Thread: December 2017 Frugal Chatter thread (last chance to party for Canada's 150th)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Can you now ask Purolator to deliver again?

Our "local" depot is 2 hours away and I have always been able to ask them to redeliver and they have no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    All Christmas shopping is done, unfortunately I missed Purolator and now need to arrange a drive as it's not accessible by bus. Noticed some small price increases and went over my budget.

Has as anyone been able to stay within their Christmas budget this year?
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was pretty productive. We got quite a bit of snow, we were expecting 10-15cm today.

Two loads of laundry are done and put away. I took boxes of kids clothes out to the shed for storage. Posted some different kids clothes for sale. I have a fresh 9x13” pan of peanut butter marshmallow squares in the fridge. It looks like I will be providing baking for 3 different family gatherings.

My older sister suddenly messaged me this afternoon to see if I would host a family gathering at my house on Dec 27, which is about 12hrs after we arrive home from our weekend of family travelling. She wants her family and my older brother’s family to have a gathering at our house. Both of their families have chosen not to attend Christmas or our grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary. Family can really complicate things.

edit: to clarify, my older brother and sister have 3 children each, which includes their sets of twins. My sister’s teenage boy will be visiting his Dad.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am happy that not only did Best Buy come through with the big gift so did amazon. DHs gift was set to arrive in January and it is here.
    The budget has been tough this year as DH is still out of work. I think different would be the way to describe it. So glad we have lived within our means for the past few years. But all things considered I think we did quiet well. I had a list and stuck with it and several things went on sale after purchasing so like coupongirl I did a price adjustment. I have learned to keep my Costco receipts in my wallet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon-popped over to shoppers senior day -got a few good deals -milk for us ,milk for Sebastian when he comes ,kit kat xmas box 2.79 after caddles 2.00 back ,tylnol extrta strength gel caps 3.99 after checkout51 plus got 8,000 points
    -then over to fortinos as I don't wish to drive in bad weather got pork tenderloin 6.66-1,200 points=5.46 for a meal for hubby and I plus a few other deals
    hubby got a few gifts from the school bus kids a total of 30.00 in gift cards for tim hortons ,small quality street and a box of lindt chocolates, a huge toblerone and homemade sugar cookies in a tin -lovley gifts

-hubby just came home with a few more gifts shortbread,3 lovely cakes in small plastic holders I just had half of a red velvet cake -yummm,pot of gold a and small cast iron frying pan with a pizza mix
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Dec 21st, 2017 at 05:12 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, the forecasted weather tonight prompted me to rake and bag the remaining leaves from two weeks ago and have them ready for next week's pickup (since we'll be at -10C for a week or so) and do a can walk (found 10 empties today and had a can from two days ago, plus found a McCafe sticker). I need one more sticker so I can do a hot chocolate run tomorrow when the mattress delivery is due (not convinced all will go well so think it best to vamoose and not be around). Last night, I (picture me facepalming or grimacing for minutes-the interest rate is just over 20%--keep tabs on your senior parents' financial wanderings--I'm steamed even if I kept hearing "it's my money" heatedly as justification)) learned said mattress purchase was not made on Mom's usual card but a new store card signed up for in-store (since the 60% off discount was if customer used the store card for purchase (now I will look up the expired flyer to see if the tiny print had that important detail). That explained why a store envelope came in the mail. I did not realize Visa was not accepted in-store (and I will check the online site to see which forms of tender are accepted-yes, I'm STEAMED). So I proceeded to read the little booklets and I heard more facts-Mom was going to pay her card balance in-store. I asked did you read this booklet (yes was the reply). Well it says you have to use your debit card or cash in-store (not the tender she was planning to use--to which I said it might work if had sent it by mail but it's late now). She then said she'd pay at the bank today. It's her money...

I ate a lot of not so good chocolate (emotional eating) due the hazelnut ingredient in said sweets last night. I finished the remaining seashell chocolates this morning and had a 710ml of Coke-think I worked off my anger but the body is going to seek retribution for all that sugar damage.

Switching to some small upsides-I finished my e-book in my first hour of Internet today and found 3 new magazines for long weekend reading plus two DVDs that came out this year. Entertainment plans now assured.

As much as I'd love to own a Simplicity dress sewing pattern (not sold at Joann's in US so it must be US online order only form the source) simply for its 4 beautiful sleeve variations, I will have to instead lengthen the petite pattern with bell sleeves from my Burda Style magazine and make it fit my dimensions--then I can have a new top for January.

I spotted a fourth new "feral" cat on the move near one marshy ditch on my walk. The cat took off when I said "Kitty!" aloud.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -you can send your family gathering pics to brother and sister and decline to host on Dec.27. You are too busy to always accommodate others (besides, you have your life). Your kids will love having more of Mom and Dad to themselves plus snow (if it's around).
    @SassyAshley -2017 is a golden financial year for your household! Must celebrate that achievement!
    @lilo0003 -DH will land something. He is open to opportunities that lead to one or more options for employment while exploring industry publications (OPL Central Branch actually carries some major dailies from across Canada-great resource-plus the Business Ref section).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -it's amazing and a relief that your gifts for the older DS are all done! Take a bow!
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have 2 fpcs in french for All Bran Crunch Multigrain or Granola cereals to trade if someone is interrested
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned out my wallet. Called in for balances on the Visa prepaid cards I have so will make sure to use them up while shopping. I also sorted all my other gift cards so I can find them when needed.
    I have another wallet with giftcards in it too that I need to put in my purse. And I know I have a Timmies $25 and Home Depot $25 sitting on my dresser! and a $65 Sportchek promotional card to use by Dec 31st (I need new running shoes!) Time to use these all up.

DS has a hockey game tonight so we will be hitting the road. I think I may take him to my friends restaurant for dinner on the way! But he has to eat light lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My aunt requested shortbread cookies. I got the family recipe and made them for the first time. 1ln of butter, etc. turned into 4 dozen shortbread cookies that none of my kids like. I’m running out of time, energy, and flour. I might make haystack cookies and banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today. We are leaving tomorrow morning. Dh is not looking forward to the long weekend of traveling to see family, many of them have never traveled to see us since we bought our house over 10yrs ago.

I received text messages from Daycare families this morning, so I only have one Daycare girl today. She has been cranky and teething for weeks, which is not fun, even her parents complain to me about it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Does Agropur make regular cheese? We eat marble cheese the most, some Mozzarella and cheddar. I traded for some $5 Agropur cheese coupons, but thought there would work on regular cheese. Any help? I googled and went to their website, but it wasn’t much help.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! I finally received the 2 enveloppe of cheese coupons wednesday but no news from the 1 enveloppe and another member experiance the same thing...Very Strange.....Used coupons of cheese and got 9 cheeses for as little of 5$ for our Christmas dinner father and I. Also received my roak.So I am an happy camper!!!! Wishing everyone a great evening and night.!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Does Agropur make regular cheese? We eat marble cheese the most, some Mozzarella and cheddar. I traded for some $5 Agropur cheese coupons, but thought there would work on regular cheese. Any help? I googled and went to their website, but it wasn’t much help.
    I dont think so but you can ask in Facebook to Agropur.I asked is ferm cheese could be frozen and they responded yes
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my oh my hubby got 8 boxes in total of various pot of gold ,dairy milk tray ,merci and a lindt box -gonna regift one when we go to a house party at my nieces on xmas eve -does chocolate candy freeze well and for how long ??or does it come out of freezer with white spots on it ???
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 23rd, 2017 at 08:59 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    my oh my hubby got 8 boxes of pot of gold ,dairy milk tray ,merci and a lindt box -gonna regift one when we go to a house party at my nieces on xmas eve -does chocolate candy freeze well and for how long ??or does it come out of freezer with white spots on it ???
    Wow, that's a lot of chocolate. The Lindt is usually good for 8 months so you may not need to freeze it.
    I am all done my Christmas shopping and wrapping. Still have a few things to do to support the surprise from a family member. On Sunday I will go to the bake shop to get the chocolate Yule log for our dinner. My 17 yr old son is making beef Wellington. He did this last year and I think it is a new tradition for us. He is currently debating culinary school. He is concerned it's not a sustainable career. I say if you are passionate then go for it and since we saved as if he was going to university he is considering a trade as well and we can afford both if he stays close to home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information