User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 389
Like Tree967Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

  1. #166
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,492
    Likes Received
    2713
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    No one told me anything ... what I said was "I saw these two posts on twitter today" and put it here for comment and discussion. Nowhere did I say it was fact or fiction. So stand down.
    Geez, sorry...
    Ciel likes this.

  2. #167
    CaNewbie dq14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    54
    Likes Received
    158
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I received my card today and my dh received his yesterday.
    Ciel likes this.

  3. #168
    Super-walking bean bun! Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    17,505
    Likes Received
    24150
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    I did read somewhere that if we use the gift card and the total is over $25, we have to tell the Loblaws (or whatever affliated banner store) cashier that we are doing a split transaction before we profer the card/cash whatever. So that is my plan as I want to use the entire $25 for food donation and a bag or two and realize I may need some extra cash to cover the over $25 gc part.

    Ah, it was in the Loblaw Cardholder Agreement, near the bottom of page 1:
    Split Tender Transaction: If you do not have enough funds available on your Card to cover the full Transaction Amount,you may request the Loblaw Store to conduct a split tender transaction, which is where you use the Card as partial paymentfor goods and services and then pay the remainder of the amount with another form of payment (e.g. cash, credit, or debit).If you fail to inform the Loblaw Store that you would like to perform a split-tender transaction prior to swiping your Card, yourtransaction may be declined.
    https://can-cdn.azureedge.net/Cardho...reement-en.pdf

    Great to read that a member was able to use the gift card at a Self-Serve checkout with no issue!
    Silk likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, #BabyYoda memes & online shopping.

  4. #169
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,382
    Likes Received
    1623
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    For those whose cards have arrived, don't forget to activate them (I haven't got mine yet, so no idea how you do this). I was just in RCSS and the lady in front of me tried to use it and she hadn't activated it, so it kept declining.
    sampler and Decaf like this.
    Built Bites 20% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

    PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points



  5. #170
    CaNewbie dq14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    54
    Likes Received
    158
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    It's easy to activate... call, type in card number, type in date on back of card and type in 3 digit number on back of card and you are done.
    sampler, Tweets77 and Decaf like this.

  6. #171
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,951
    Likes Received
    5967
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Can you buy other GC's with this GC ( I am guessing not ). Like the ones available on their store racks like Home Depot, Cineplex etc ?

    Didn't go through T & C .

  7. #172
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,951
    Likes Received
    5967
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Buy $ 25 worth of food at No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS for yourself. And donate $ 25 cash to food bank . $ 25 cash is like $ 75 worth of food for them.

    How ‘not donating’ your $25 Loblaw gift card can actually help the food bank

    By Simon Little

    https://globalnews.ca/news/4060978/l...ard-food-bank/
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, Mar 4th, 2018 at 09:31 PM.
    dq14, Silk, bhlombardy and 2 others like this.

  8. #173
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,492
    Likes Received
    2713
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Buy $ 25 worth of food at No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS for yourself. And donate $ 25 cash to food bank . $ 25 cash is like $ 75 worth of food for them.

    How ‘not donating’ your $25 Loblaw gift card can actually help the food bank

    By Simon Little

    https://globalnews.ca/news/4060978/l...ard-food-bank/


    I'm glad you posted this... I recently learned of that same logic.

    I was originally going to buy items for the school breakfast program, but instead opted to donate the $50 in cash (value of two cards) to them instead.

    When I spoke to one of the organizers, they told me that they get deals directly from specific vendors, and sometimes special discount coupons from some vendors to use at the grocery stores (coupons which I cannot redeem myself) so they can actually save more money than me just donating the food itself... or the cards.
    Silk and Decaf like this.

  9. #174
    CaToonie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    275
    Likes Received
    450
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    must be one per household or something. i applied, told my wife about it and she got her card first. i am still waiting. what an s... show. just send digital codes through email. this physical card stuff is nonsense and probably quite costly. oh loblaws. stealing for years is easy, but a minor reimbursement is quite hard. (apparently)
    Silk likes this.

  10. #175
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,492
    Likes Received
    2713
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Can you buy other GC's with this GC ( I am guessing not ). Like the ones available on their store racks like Home Depot, Cineplex etc ?
    Didn't go through T & C .


    Can confirm.



    I was with a friend today who bought a $25 Subway gift card using his Loblaws bread card.

    Also, as a goof, we used the self-serve checkout, and it works there too.... you have to select CREDIT CARD though, not GIFT CARD.
    Seems that these are cleverly disguised pre-paid Mastercards (check the image attached). When we selected Gift Card as the method of payment, it wanted to scan a barcode... which these dont have, so we tried Credit Card since there's only a mag stripe, and it worked.



    On the photo, I've indicated that it's a self-serve checkout... that it was a Subway card that was purchased... and the Loblaws card's last 4 digits shown (as well as the note that it's a Mastercard)

    I hope this answers some more of our questions:


    Name:  20180305_135115.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  168.2 KB
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Mar 5th, 2018 at 02:18 PM.

  11. #176
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,492
    Likes Received
    2713
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    an addendum to the above post...

    The pre-paid Mastercard (under masquerade) would explain the reason why you have to declare a split-payment -- or risk being declined.

    That being said, just like any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard, if you try to charge more than the balance, it will be declined. SO... if you have to split the payment, you need to ALSO know the balance on the card. If you only just received the card, then it's easy... it's $25. But if you have used a portion of this card previously, then you better know what's left before you try and use it again. It's not a conventional PC gift card.

    Now... will it work as a prepaid MC outside of Loblaws???
    Anyone willing to try?

    EDIT AFTER CONFIRMING: The card ONLY works at the stores listed. While it's issued by a bank, it only works with certain vendor IDs (rea: Loblaws owned stores), and thus only works at the stores listed on the enclosed letter.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Mar 7th, 2018 at 08:40 PM.
    akitakara likes this.

  12. #177
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    117,786
    Likes Received
    146836
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    must be one per household or something. i applied, told my wife about it and she got her card first. i am still waiting. what an s... show. just send digital codes through email. this physical card stuff is nonsense and probably quite costly. oh loblaws. stealing for years is easy, but a minor reimbursement is quite hard. (apparently)
    No it's not one per household. Read the terms and conditions or Q and A on their site.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Mar 5th, 2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Silk, GoJays and Anna Michele like this.

  13. #178
    Mastermind Anna Michele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO
    Posts
    22,939
    Likes Received
    30786
    Trading Score
    551 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    No it's not one per household. Read the terms and conditions or Q and A on their site.
    We have 3 adults and received 3 cards
    Quoted wrong post
    Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    GoJays likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

  14. #179
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,951
    Likes Received
    5967
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Yes almost ALL the various gift cards are generally disguised pre-paid Mastercards, Visa or American Express cards.

    Sometimes the GC's like Tim Hortons, Starbucks also mention on the back of the card or on their website ( Under T & C ) administered by American Express or something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Can confirm.



    I was with a friend today who bought a $25 Subway gift card using his Loblaws bread card.

    Also, as a goof, we used the self-serve checkout, and it works there too.... you have to select CREDIT CARD though, not GIFT CARD.
    Seems that these are cleverly disguised pre-paid Mastercards (check the image attached). When we selected Gift Card as the method of payment, it wanted to scan a barcode... which these dont have, so we tried Credit Card since there's only a mag stripe, and it worked.



    On the photo, I've indicated that it's a self-serve checkout... that it was a Subway card that was purchased... and the Loblaws card's last 4 digits shown (as well as the note that it's a Mastercard)

    I hope this answers some more of our questions:


    Name:  20180305_135115.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  168.2 KB

  15. #180
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,951
    Likes Received
    5967
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Funny how the card just predominantly mentions only Loblaws on it ( Parent company ) and " Redeem at Loblaw grocery stores "

    Lot of people will interpret it as spending only at Loblaws stores ( which are quite expensive ), without realizing that you can also use it at No Frills, RCSS, etc their cheaper stores.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •