User Tag List

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

All those who are being asked for ID's or Utility bills, please contact Sophia Harris from CBC news, she wants to hear about it.

This will be another PR night mare for Loblaws..LOL.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Sophia Harris here with CBC News. Wondering if you'd be willing to talk to me Re: your experience being asked for I.D. to get your Loblaws card? If yes, please contact me at: [email protected]. Thanks, Sophia

Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Mar 9th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Why would Loblaws be needing that info? Very curious indeed. Wonder if concerned with fraudulent requests?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Sophia Harris from CBC wants to know if Loblaws is demanding ID upload to get your $ 25 GC. No way I am giving them that for a lousy $25 GC and risk Identity theft.

I will wait for the class action lawsuit , where if I don't take this $ 25 GC , I will get $ 25 more in the lawsuit, otherwise this $ 25 GC will be deducted from it. So I guess its the same thing either way.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, Sophia Harris here with CBC News.

Wondering if you'd be willing to talk to me, Re: your experience being asked for I.D. to get your Loblaws card? If yes, please contact me at:
    [email protected]. Thanks, Sophia
    How in the world did she find you? Oh, or did you contact her?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Mine never arrived. Then today there is an email asking for a scan of driver's license and utility bill. Yeah no thanks. $25 isn't worth identity theft.
    I know of 10 people total (including myself) who requested cards. We all received our cards and none of us were ever asked for any of this information.

One possibility is that Loblaws is trying to PREVENT fraud. ie: maybe several people from the same address have placed requests for cards and they are trying to ensure that there are truly that many eligible participants at that address. Although I find this theory unlikely (and suspect) as a utility bill (or lack thereof) doesnt prove nor disprove your eligibility or residency. My friend and his adult son (who still lives at home) both applied for cards, and they both received them. His son's name is not on ANY utility bill for the home... but they didnt deny his application.

I'd be suspect that what you received is a fraudulent request... a phishing scam setup by someone else (not Loblaws) with the full intent as you suspect, for identity theft.

But that's a guess.

In this case, it might be prudent to check your status (assuming it's even kept up to date, my sources say it's not) -- or heck, even contact the program's support contacts (see: https://www.loblawcard.ca/en/contact ) to see if they are indeed asking some participants for that info and why. If so, you can then choose to provide the info and/or voice your concerns with them asking for the info. -- just do NOT reply to the email and ask... it might not really be them.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Mar 9th, 2018 at 04:05 PM.
    Silk likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How in the world did she find you? Oh, or did you contact her?
    You think maybe she reads the forum and PM'd him??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wonder if they just pushed like crazy to get the ones that cleared easily to keep the masses happy and now are going thru the ones that were flagged because of something that may be completely innocent like a miss spelled street name etc etc. We claimed 5 from this address and all actually arrived yesterday. I filled out all of the forms for everyone and made sure everything including how many people live at the address (for some reason I thought that was a strange question to ask) were exactly right.

There is NO WAY I would send them a copy of my drivers licence for the 25.00
    leymi15, Midnightly and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I applied on the first day it was open. I thought it was one per household so only I applied.

It just seems very fishy to want utility bill or drivers license. I can't see someone applying for cards for addresses they don't reside at.

I think the site was hacked and info was taken this Is just a phishing scam. I wasn't holding my breath on a card anyway. Shows me not to shop at loblaws.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yup the email wanted me to upload a pic of a utility bill or drivers license in order to prove my addrees to receive a $25 gift card.

No thanks Loblaws I will keep my info safe and not get $25. It violates their original terms to get a gift card. I knew they woukd never give $25 gift cards.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Mine never arrived. Then today there is an email asking for a scan of driver's license and utility bill. Yeah no thanks. $25 isn't worth identity theft.
    i got the same email today.

" Thank you for registering for a $25 Loblaw Card.

As part of our process to confirm that we are issuing a $25 Loblaw Card to a single eligible person, we are writing to request some additional information. To confirm your residential address, please submit a scanned copy or photo of either (1) a current utility bill or (2) a valid driver’s licence through our online secure portal (click here to get started). Alternatively you can provide this information via mail to P.O. Box 8111, Vancouver Main, Vancouver BC V6B 4E2. Please do not send an original document.

We need this information within 30 days so that we can finish processing your registration. Your utility bill or driver’s licence will not be used for any purpose other than to verify your eligibility to receive a $25 Loblaw Card and will be destroyed as soon as the verification is complete. If we do not receive this information within 30 days, we will have to reject your registration without further notice.

If you have any questions, please contact us via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
    Program Administrator

"
    this sounds phishy. when i click on the link it takes me the login page to the site and now there is a click through to upload the documents requested.

it's not worth $25 to take a chance on this.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I had my PC Plus account hacked a couple of year's ago and the person who did it as well as cleaning the account out also sent me an email with an attachment. The attachment contained a file that probably had something in it to try and get all my login and passwords - I'm IT literate enough to know to delete it. But there is no way on this planet that I would trust them with any personal data when they so easily seem to get hacked. They can't do what Save on Foods did and say the account had to be opened before a certain date because they closed and transferred all acounts to PC Optimum from February 1, 2018.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still waiting for my father and I giftcards but we did not get that e-mail per chance.
    hcao likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yup the email wanted me to upload a pic of a utility bill or drivers license in order to prove my addrees to receive a $25 gift card.

No thanks Loblaws I will keep my info safe and not get $25. It violates their original terms to get a gift card. I knew they woukd never give $25 gift cards.
    When a class action law suit happens you will get that $ 25 back any ways.

Say the class action law suit awards everyone $ 30 cash ( check ). The ones who took the $ 25 GC will only get $ 5 in the law suit and the ones who never took the $ 25 GC will get the full law suit amount without the subtraction of $ 25GC amount.

No way I am giving these guys my DL and/or utility bill. God knows where and how safely they are going to store this info & whose hands its going to fall.

SophiaHarris

@sophiaharrisCBC

Online reporter, video journalist for CBC national business news.
    https://twitter.com/sophiaharriscbc?lang=en

Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Mar 9th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.
    heartgirl99 and hcao like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know a guy. Only 1 person in that house, only 1 application was made from that address - so not even multiple people & multiple applications.

He still received the email asking for his ID ! He literally applied in the first couple of days, and now after almost 2 months he is getting the email for his ID for that 1 solitary application.
    akitakara likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    i got the same email today.

" Thank you for registering for a $25 Loblaw Card.

As part of our process to confirm that we are issuing a $25 Loblaw Card to a single eligible person, we are writing to request some additional information. To confirm your residential address, please submit a scanned copy or photo of either (1) a current utility bill or (2) a valid driver’s licence through our online secure portal (click here to get started). Alternatively you can provide this information via mail to P.O. Box 8111, Vancouver Main, Vancouver BC V6B 4E2. Please do not send an original document.

We need this information within 30 days so that we can finish processing your registration. Your utility bill or driver’s licence will not be used for any purpose other than to verify your eligibility to receive a $25 Loblaw Card and will be destroyed as soon as the verification is complete. If we do not receive this information within 30 days, we will have to reject your registration without further notice.

If you have any questions, please contact us via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
    Program Administrator

"
    this sounds phishy. when i click on the link it takes me the login page to the site and now there is a click through to upload the documents requested.

it's not worth $25 to take a chance on this.
    I got the same e-mail today. It is not worth to provide the id in order to get the $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    heartgirl99 and hcao like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

File a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner of Otario, if you are an ON resident & if you think Loblaws is doing something wrong.

https://www.ipc.on.ca/privacy/filing...acy-complaint/

We have already given them our full legal name, Date of Birth, Address, email ID , probably phone number..what more do they want ? Let them check the authenticity on their own with the above info, not hard to do.

What next they want our SIN and bank account details ??
    heartgirl99 and sampler like this.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information