User Tag List

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i haven't yet received my card (nor my husband get his but he only signed up a few weeks ago) nor an email but it's not worth it to me to send out such significant private information, they have my phone number (pretty positive i remember putting in a phone number) my address, they can easily look me up through white pages if they want to confirm i am a real person living at this address or give a phone call, i will not be faxing them/mailing them such personal info as a drivers license or some sort of bill
    Gratuit, Tweets77 and Ciel like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i haven't yet received my card (nor my husband get his but he only signed up a few weeks ago) nor an email but it's not worth it to me to send out such significant private information, they have my phone number (pretty positive i remember putting in a phone number) my address, they can easily look me up through white pages if they want to confirm i am a real person living at this address or give a phone call, i will not be faxing them/mailing them such personal info as a drivers license or some sort of bill
    I'm in the same boat as you - no card, but also no email. But I agree - although theoretically all the bill would show is name and address, which they already have on file, it just feels...icky. It makes me uncomfortable to provide physical proof for them to store in a database.
    Definitely not worth $25
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Playing Devil's Advocate - there are people that created "new people" to get more cards and randomly asking proof of existence would just be an audit procedure. I won't get upset if I had to send a copy of my phone bill.
    Silk, Tweets77, Ciel and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i used my card today. My total bill was $25.10 and no i did not plan that in any way. when i handed over my 10 cents it pleased me immensely and i am not even sure why. free groceries are fun, but getting that close to 25 was even more fun!
    Natalka, Silk, Tweets77 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you - no card, but also no email. But I agree - although theoretically all the bill would show is name and address, which they already have on file, it just feels...icky. It makes me uncomfortable to provide physical proof for them to store in a database.
    Definitely not worth $25
    I might send them the Utility bill after blanking out some critical info, like the Account number, Payment info or any bar codes etc. Let them have my utility number with just my name & address on it if they want .

But no way I am sending them my Drivers License - unless I blank out my Photo, Bar Code & DL number & my Signature ..LOL. The DL will sure look funny after all these things are censored

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Playing Devil's Advocate - there are people that created "new people" to get more cards and randomly asking proof of existence would just be an audit procedure. I won't get upset if I had to send a copy of my phone bill.
    On the other hand, there are adult people that buy bread that live in homes where their names don't exist on any of the bills.

Case in point: My friend has all the bills in his name... for whatever reason. It's always been that way.
    ...his wife's name is not on their power bill nor their TV/Phone/Internet bill...
    Nor is his adult son who lives in the granny suite, but buys his own groceries.

A utility bill is impossible for them to provide with their names on it. Fortunately, none of them were asked, and all three got their cards.
    Silk, Tweets77, hcao and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    On the other hand, there are adult people that buy bread that live in homes where their names don't exist on any of the bills.

Case in point: My friend has all the bills in his name... for whatever reason. It's always been that way.
    ...his wife's name is not on their power bill nor their TV/Phone/Internet bill...
    Nor is his adult son who lives in the granny suite, but buys his own groceries.

A utility bill is impossible for them to provide with their names on it. Fortunately, none of them were asked, and all three got their cards.
    that is my situation.. all the bills are in my husbands name.. phone, cable, hydro (and all those are e-bills now) our mortgage statement is in both our names, and banking info i'm secondary on his account (was made joint after we were married) same with credit card... so i'd have a bit of a hard time finding a bill with just my name on it and i will not hand them over my DL, the only people that see that are government officials, doctors office, and occasionally the postal outlet
    hcao, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am also still waiting for my card.
    hcao and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

My soon to be DIL got the email and I advised her not to let them have her driver's lic. info...totally not worth risking.
    hcao, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

PR nightmare for Loblaws.....what on earth are they thinking? They could have limited it to one card per household at the start if they are going to be cheap about it....sure there might be some people trying to game the system (shame on those @$$h0les--like the whole Gift card debacle from a while back) but the bad PR from this is going to make it worse for Loblaws. What a mess.
    Last edited by kiwis-mom; Sun, Mar 11th, 2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Angela273, hcao and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are they just hoping that those who didn't get their $25 gift card will just go away?

I didn't get my card yet nor did I get an email requesting additional info. I hope that it is still going to come. If it doesn't come I am going to take action. They can't just get away with collecting our information (name, address,email) for absolutely nothing in return...they need to deliver what is owed.
    Colsgirl, Silk, Tweets77 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    Are they just hoping that those who didn't get their $25 gift card will just go away?

I didn't get my card yet nor did I get an email requesting additional info. I hope that it is still going to come. If it doesn't come I am going to take action. They can't just get away with collecting our information (name, address,email) for absolutely nothing in return...they need to deliver what is owed.
    Same here for both me and my husband.
    sampler and Ciel like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post

Have you tried contacting their support line/email?
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Just received an email requesting info bill or driver license. I opened the loblaws card. Ca to check my status and find the next info. There is the option to call them (that I'll do tomorrow ) is the same call number that appear on the requesting card promo from he beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sampler, Silk, hcao and 1 others like this.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information