User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    It's been said a number of times a utility bill with your "critical info" blacked out will do. Remember you have already given your name. address and email.
    I am surprised at the number of "ID theft wary" folks even applied for this.
    Some people will not respond to them because they do not exist. More than 1 person created a "New family".
    This is just an assumption & conjecture made by posters ( including myself ) that blanking out critical info will do & will be accepted .

Nowhere Loblaws or the third party administering this GC offer ( I think its a US based company ), has officially said they will accept blanked out info.

Doesn't matter what we say or don't say, if they want they will and won't accept this blanked out utility bill. Considering the way they have committed fraud so far and the way they have handled things so far, I think the chances of them not accepting blanked out bills is higher.

Earlier they just had the competition bureau on their ass for price fixing, now they even have the Privacy Commissioner of ON on their ass for asking this personal info
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    This is just an assumption & conjecture made by posters ( including myself ) that blanking out critical info will do & will be accepted .

Nowhere Loblaws or the third party administering this GC offer ( I think its a US based company ), has officially said they will accept blanked out info.

Doesn't matter what we say or don't say, if they want they will and won't accept this blanked out utility bill. Considering the way they have committed fraud so far and the way they have handled things so far, I think the chances of them not accepting blanked out bills is higher.

Earlier they just had the competition bureau on their ass for price fixing, now they even have the Privacy Commissioner of ON on their ass for asking this personal info
    On other sites....people have spoken to the Customer Service reps and been given this advice.

I do think your suggesting of photo shopping a utility bill is interesting and brings people down to the level of the price fixers.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my last card for my house today !

We only had 2. We ordered on the first day and I live in Toronto (lived there for over 6 yrs). I hope you guys get yours!

My mother in law rents an apartment and she was asked for additional info. She also doesn't have a utility bill, credit card or drivers license...so I bet she hardly has any records of existing so that kinda makes sense why she got the request...iduno
    Last edited by sampler; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    I got my last card for my house today !

We only had 2. We ordered on the first day and I live in Toronto (lived there for over 6 yrs). I hope you guys get yours!

My mother in law rents an apartment and she was asked for additional info. She also doesn't have a utility bill, credit card or drivers license...so I bet she hardly has any records of existing so that kinda makes sense why she got the request...iduno
    I live in Toronto and reside in my current house for more than 10 years now. Both hubby and I use the PC Elite MC as our primary cards. The email I used to register with Loblaws card is the same email that's in the database of PC Financial Services. Our home address should be in their file too but I still have to send them my utility bills or driver's license. My guess is it's entirely random.
    Last edited by Cuckoobird; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Newfiescreech, hcao and Ciel like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    I live in Toronto and reside in my current house for more than 10 years now. Both hubby and I use the PC Elite MC as our primary cards. The email I used to register with Loblaws card is the same email that's in the database of PC Financial Services. Our home address should be in their file too but I still have to send them my utility bills or driver's license. My guess is it's entirely random.
    Wow, it would have been smart of them to ensure that their repeat customers (those who have other products) got their cards, shouldn't they be able to do some internal research? - I guess that requires time and money on their end and they don't think it matters, but I would think the repeat customers such as yourself would be totally and rightfully pissed off to be asked for additional information.

Just a question, how close is the closest Loblaws to you? I live right near a loblaws...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, it would have been smart of them to ensure that their repeat customers (those who have other products) got their cards, shouldn't they be able to do some internal research? - I guess that requires time and money on their end and they don't think it matters, but I would think the repeat customers such as yourself would be totally and rightfully pissed off to be asked for additional information.

Just a question, how close is the closest Loblaws to you? I live right near a loblaws...
    I'm totally pissed to be honest. Hubby hasn't received the email nor the card. Our Loblaws is less than 1 KM from our house and we shop there a lot.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

mine arrived today, i signed up for the card a few days after (maybe a week after) the announcement after all the chaos had been worked out, hubby is just waiting on his, though he only signed up about 2 weeks ago, was able to register it online without an issue

not hugely close to loblaws, we have a wholesale club within about 15 min and i occasionally go there, but the superstore is a good half hour drive and only shop there when in the area, those are the only 2 loblaws stores in my area
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post

Sorry if this comes our harsh, it's not intended to offend, but it's a bit of a reality check...

I think it should be understood that the people running this gift card process arent just some of the usual folk that work for Loblaws corporate. It's not a bunch of already accountants and executives doing this as a side-task to their everyday job. It's most likely an outside firm, or perhaps a committee that was hired specifically to handle this process to receive applications, make approvals and verifications and issue the cards. That said, they are likely given a criteria of a cross-reference check, and whatever ones come up, they have to process accordingly.

In any event, this program is (and very well should be) completely isolate from any other Loblaws entity for the sake of autonomy.

Even if that weren't so, given the hundreds of thousands of applications I'm sure they've received, they especially dont have the time nor the resources to start cross-referencing EVERY applicant and customer to see a.) if they are a member of PC Optimum, or PC Financial, or some other PC/Loblaws related entity nor b.) how often they shop at Loblaws stores, let alone if they use his/her PC Financial credit and debit cards at the same time.

In fact, they wouldnt (nor SHOULDNT) have access to that information, ESPECIALLY our financial accounts and records to see how we spend our money and our shopping habits... Would you honestly want them to?!?! -- For all the opposition in this forum regarding submitting ID/Bills in the interest of privacy of personal information and security, I would HOPE that nobody in here would want some random committee or outside firm to have that kind of access to our financial records or shopping habits. I would be MUCH more concerned about THAT if they did, than I would sharing my power bill with them.

Whatever it is that triggers them to ask for the additional information, whether it's random, or you've matched a certain criteria... it's up to you if you want to proceed. But I dont think it would be wise to "wish" they had access to your financial and/or your loyalty program accounts.

My two cents.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 08:43 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Sorry if this comes our harsh, it's not intended to offend, but it's a bit of a reality check...

I think it should be understood that the people running this gift card process arent just some of the usual folk that work for Loblaws corporate. It's not a bunch of already accountants and executives doing this as a side-task to their everyday job. It's most likely an outside firm, or perhaps a committee that was hired specifically to handle this process to receive applications, make approvals and verifications and issue the cards. That said, they are likely given a criteria of a cross-reference check, and whatever ones come up, they have to process accordingly.

In any event, this program is (and very well should be) completely isolate from any other Loblaws entity for the sake of autonomy.

Even if that weren't so, given the hundreds of thousands of applications I'm sure they've received, they especially dont have the time nor the resources to start cross-referencing EVERY applicant and customer to see a.) if they are a member of PC Optimum, or PC Financial, or some other PC/Loblaws related entity nor b.) how often they shop at Loblaws stores, let alone if they use his/her PC Financial credit and debit cards at the same time.
    In fact, they wouldnt (nor SHOULDNT) have access to that information, ESPECIALLY our financial accounts and records to see how we spend our money and our shopping habits... Would you honestly want them to?!?! -- For all the opposition in this forum regarding submitting ID/Bills in the interest of privacy of personal information and security, I would HOPE that nobody in here would want some random committee or outside firm to have that kind of access to our financial records or shopping habits. I would be MUCH more concerned about that if they did, than I would sharing my power bill with them.

Whatever the criteria that has risen for them to ask for the additional information, whether it's random, or you've matched a certain criteria... it's up to you if you want to proceed. But I dont think it would be wise to "wish" they had access to your financial and/or your loyalty program accounts.
    My two cents.
    I stopped reading your post after the first few sentences because my comment still stands and I didn't need an explanation on how the program is run (that is irrelvant to my comment)

As I said, it would have been smart for Loblaws to not further piss of their customers (I don't care how they go about doing this, I am saying they look really stupid right now). I don't care how they are running this program. It's obviously a third party is running this, and that Loblaws hasn't put much thought into this. This doesn't change the fact that it makes Loblaws look stupid when they are asking their repeat customers to provide them proof that they exist, which is why I made my comment. There is no point of arguing my comment.
    Newfiescreech, hcao and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We received 1 of 2 cards today.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I stopped reading your post after the first few sentences because my comment still stands and I didn't need an explanation on how the program is run (that is irrelvant to my comment)

As I said, it would have been smart for Loblaws to not further piss of their customers (I don't care how they go about doing this, I am saying they look really stupid right now). I don't care how they are running this program. It's obviously a third party is running this, and that Loblaws hasn't put much thought into this. This doesn't change the fact that it makes Loblaws look stupid when they are asking their repeat customers to provide them proof that they exist, which is why I made my comment. There is no point of arguing my comment.

Unfortunately, what I said (that you ignored) was indeed quite relevant to your comment. However, ignore it if you wish. I understand that you may opt to see & hear only what you want... especially if it might contradict with your opinion.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Unfortunately, what I said (that you ignored) was indeed quite relevant to your comment. However, ignore it if you wish. I understand that you may opt to see & hear only what you want... especially if it might contradict with your opinion.
    lol, I am not sure why you keep responding to my posts. You can disagree with me because your opinion doesn't matter to me, but it sounds like you have an issue with my opinion, which is why you commented on my post in the first place.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

this is the response i got when i wrote in and questioned their demand for ID:

There are various triggers that might lead our administrators to ask for ID, like large numbers of registrations from a single address, multiple requests under a single or similar name, irregularities in a registration, and many others. We want to get money in the hands of our customers quickly. But, we want to make sure it’s actually landing in their hands.

The ID can be uploaded to the same secure website that individuals used to register. The additional information will not be used for any purpose other than to verify eligibility and will be destroyed as soon as the verification is complete.

Sincerely,
    Program Administrator

CB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    this is the response i got when i wrote in and questioned their demand for ID:
    There are various triggers that might lead our administrators to ask for ID, like large numbers of registrations from a single address, multiple requests under a single or similar name, irregularities in a registration, and many others. We want to get money in the hands of our customers quickly. But, we want to make sure it’s actually landing in their hands ...
    Thanks @heartgirl99 for this confirmation. The more information we have, the more we can understand how this is going to work for all of us.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Father received his 25$ Loblaws giftcard today.I am still waiting for mine and we filled the form the same day january 8 in the afternoon....
    Natalka and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information