User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thanks for this, Mulock, but the latter article indicates that there will be no waving of the right to participate in a class action suit. I wouldn't in any case...but I don't think it will be waived. Time will tell. Best to you.
    barbis9, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Exactly Wendy I'm debating as the lawsuit maybe not much more than 25 after the fact but even.if its $100 it would be worth it

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    wendymac, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Before anyone decides to gift the card to charity, ensure that the desired charity is in the position to use the cards or give them to clients who can shop for themselves at the stores run by Loblaws.

As I have posted elsewhere, it is much more expedient to buy the groceries in my local store and put them in the donation bin for the local food bank.

I like that both links are provided in relation to the gift card program, as I had not read the fine print link before but did see a tweet about it last week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thought occurred to me-what if the gift cards are electronic ones via e-mail addresses? That would save the company mailing costs.

Registration begins on Monday for the gift card-let's hope the hardware/software does not crash.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smurfete View Post
    25$ back to consumers is way too little. Loblaws should not be exempt from the investigations.
    $25 back to the consumer, but how much is that really costing them? Not sure of the markup on groceries, but I figure they are maybe only out $12.50 per consumer......worse if you think of it that way.
    Last edited by redhdlois; Sat, Jan 6th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    If you accept this $ 25 GC any class action lawsuit that takes place, you will be excluded from it. You can't do both, its either or.
    No, not true in this case, you can do both.

The site is now live, and this is explained in the terms and conditions, FAQs, and registration form.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 04:26 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

* Jan 8 *

This email is to inform you that registration for the $25 Loblaw Card is now open. Please visit www.LoblawCard.ca to register.

Sincerely,

Program Administrator

"
    Please review the Release carefully.

As you may be aware, proposed class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread have been commenced. The proposed class actions have not yet been certified by the courts as class actions. If you wish, you may contact one of the intended class action law firms (click here for firm information).
    In exchange for this twenty-five (25) Canadian Dollar Loblaw Card you hereby release and forever discharge Loblaw (“Loblaw” includes Loblaw Companies Limited, its parent corporation George Weston Limited and their affiliates as well as all of their current and former officers, directors, and employees) from any and all claims or causes of action (of whatever nature or kind) for damages, costs or other relief that you may have relating to or otherwise in connection with any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015, to the extent of twenty-five dollars.
    Agreeing to this release will not impact your right to participate in any class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread. However, doing so will mean that twenty-five (25) dollars will be deducted from any compensation that you may otherwise be entitled to receive in any class action judgment against, or settlement with, Loblaw relating to any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015.
    You may wish to obtain independent legal advice, including by contacting one of the intended class action firms, before checking the box in Section F below, and submitting this Registration Form. "

Last edited by heartgirl99; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 06:27 AM.
    Tweets77, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was reading the Cardholder agreement, it does not mention if number of cards is limited to one per household. Was wondering if two persons or more residing at the same physical address can file the registration form.
    barbis9, Ciel and Midnightly like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lostinheaven View Post
    I was reading the Cardholder agreement, it does not mention if number of cards is limited to one per household. Was wondering if two persons or more residing at the same physical address can file the registration form.
    I read it was one per person i forget where on their and was also shows on savealoonie one per person so i believe 2 adults in a house can apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm thinking that's why one of the questions is "How many adults in household". If you answer 1 but another adult tries to use the same address, it will won't allow them but if you both say 2, you will both get one.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Thanks for the info!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/the-ca...card-1.3750041

Loblaw has officially opened registration for customers to claim a $25 gift card as compensation for bread price-fixing in the grocery industry, but the fine print shows there will be a catch for anyone who signs up. The catch isn’t as major as some feared, as Loblaw says individuals will still be permitted to participate in future class-action lawsuits against the company. However, anyone who does garner a future monetary award from Loblaw will be docked $25 from the payout, the company says.

In other words, taking Loblaw’s $25 card now means you can still participate in a lawsuit, but $25 will be subtracted from your individual settlement.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They ask for your birthday on the form. It's not worth $25 to give away personal info IMO.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Most contest forms ask your birthdate--it is to confirm age of majority requirement. They are required to ask this. It is proving that you are not a minor, because you must be of age to agree to ant legal agreement.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information