User Tag List

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree971Likes

Thread: Loblaws admits to bread price fixing (with immunity) & Offers $25 Gift Card

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am still waiting. This is what it says when I check my registration status ...

08/01/2018 Submitted Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator.
    What does yours say?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone in QC got their card?I applied the first day in afternoon and still had received anything....
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    I signed up my mom and I the first day in the afternoon and neither one of us has received it yet. My dad signed up on the first day in the morning and got his almost a week ago. We are in the GTA. I'm beginnng to worry it might not come.
    Don't worry it will come. These things are completely random. 2 people in the same area can receive them at 2 totally different times.

They don't go by any set rules. Sometimes people who applied earlier get it much later than the ones, who applied later.
    princessjen and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    I am still waiting. This is what it says when I check my registration status ...

08/01/2018 Submitted Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator.
    What does yours say?
    Their Status system is pretty much useless. My mother already has her card, about a week now and her status is STILL the same as yours.
    I wouldnt bother looking at that as a benchmark to determine your actual status.
    sampler and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sampler -I have the same status and am still waiting
    Natalka and sampler like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I took my time applying, waited about a week or two. I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Didn't receive DH's though, which I applied for at the same time.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do not know if anyone has tried using their gift cards but I saw these two posts on twitter today ...
    —-
    Hi @Ellenroseman ,

Just got back from @LoblawsON. Trued using wife's $25 Loblaw card we received in the mail for bread price fixing.

Card is activated.

But cashier says you have to use all $25 at once.

Best part? Nobody told customers or store staff!
    —-
    I didn't know until today

Cashier said store found out when they tried cashing a customer's and had to call head office.
    —-

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Mar 1st, 2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

ordered mine on Jan 9th and am still waiting
    Ciel and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

ordered mine the first day and I'm still waiting, my mom ordered hers around the same time and received hers this week (same city).
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Do not know if anyone has tried using their gift cards but I saw these two posts on twitter today ...
    —-
    Hi @Ellenroseman ,

Just got back from @LoblawsON. Trued using wife's $25 Loblaw card we received in the mail for bread price fixing.

Card is activated.

—-

Cashier said store found out when they tried cashing a customer's and had to call head office.
    —-

Sent from my iPhone
    That is the same as with the Save on Foods $25. My gut feeling is that is a deliberate marketing ploy on the part of both companies. Who can get their groceries to exactly $25 (before taxes) ... they are banking on most people spending more!
    Ciel likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I applied for this within hours of the site going live and my status says "Your registration has been received by the Program Administrator."

Friends and coworkers who applied 2 weeks later all received theirs this week!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

—-
    Hi @Ellenroseman ,

Card is activated.

—-

—-

Sent from my iPhone
    I've read from at least one person I know on Twitter that you just need to keep track of the balance, as for whatever reason the system does not. She used part of hers with no issue.

I received two GCs (one for DH and one for me, his just arrived yesterday). While everyone can use groceries, I don't have great need for these, so was going to donate them to a shelter but decided it would be easier if I just donated the cash to them and used the cards myself, so that's what I did.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    That is the same as with the Save on Foods $25. My gut feeling is that is a deliberate marketing ploy on the part of both companies. Who can get their groceries to exactly $25 (before taxes) ... they are banking on most people spending more!
    Save On Foods you just buy over $25 then $25 get it taken off automatically.For me self serve register said pay $26.50 then two seconds later it said pay $1.50.
    Colsgirl and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

—-
    Hi @Ellenroseman ,

Card is activated.

—-

—-
    Sent from my iPhone

Yea, like a couple of people before me, this is not the experience I or people I know have been having.

I bought two orders of groceries. One with my Mother's card a couple of days ago.. and the amount came to about $22. Today with my card (which I received today) I bought $23.42

Also, a co-worker bought lunch from the deli counter with his, and he still has over $15 left on his card.

There is a website and phone # on the card to check your balance... and it's reporting accurately.

So whoever said you had to spend all $25 at once was severely mis-informed.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Colsgirl, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No one told me anything ... what I said was "I saw these two posts on twitter today" and put it here for comment and discussion. Nowhere did I say it was fact or fiction. So stand down.

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Yea, like a couple of people before me, this is not the experience I or people I know have been having.

I bought two orders of groceries. One with my Mother's card a couple of days ago.. and the amount came to about $22. Today with my card (which I received today) I bought $23.42

Also, a co-worker bought lunch from deli counter with his, and he still has over $15 left on his card.

There is a website and phone # on the card to check your balance... and it's reporting accurately.

So whoever told you had to spend all $25 at once was severely mis-informed.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2018 at 05:54 PM.
    Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information