User Tag List

Page 1707 of 2212 FirstFirst ... 707 1207 1607 1657 1697 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1717 1757 1807 2207 ... LastLast
Results 25,591 to 25,605 of 33170
    Trading Score
    68 (97%)

on a side note...updated in "referral links are not allowed on smart canucks" thread...it looks like the law has been layed down in regards to signatures:

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    except in Signatures but NOT for all websites.

If a link does not work it means that posting a referral link for that website is not allowed. Trying to circumvent the system by writing a word in 2 parts will get you banned.

Other websites don't allow referral links at all. If I see they are being abused I'll do the same.

When someone starts a thread that has referrals following posters may post their referral link, but the original poster must not post their referral at the beginning of the thread. These threads will be removed and a warning issued.

Please remember signatures should not have more then two referral links or external links and need to be in a regular sized font not bolded or italicized. Banners for GTP or referral sites are not permitted in signatures. If you are unsure of your signature please pm a moderator and ask.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

It looks more confusing than ever, in my opinion. So... if someone starts a thread about a points program,they can't post their referral link, but everyone else can? I thought no one could, referral links are only allowed in the signature, not in the body of the reply.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just got another 2SB win for smartcanucks!!.. thats 6 today already!

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    It looks more confusing than ever, in my opinion. So... if someone starts a thread about a points program,they can't post their referral link, but everyone else can? I thought no one could, referral links are only allowed in the signature, not in the body of the reply.
    I'm reading it like the thread starter can post the referral link in another post on the thread. I'm (albeit) guessing that it also means that an original poster cannot direct people to their referral link in their signature with the original post on the thread.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missbobloblaw View Post
    I'm reading it like the thread starter can post the referral link in another post on the thread. I'm (albeit) guessing that it also means that an original poster cannot direct people to their referral link in their signature with the original post on the thread.
    Okay, but others can post their links? why is that allowed?

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

Okay, but others can post their links? why is that allowed?
    cus they didn't start the thread. If I had started this thread and said 'hey use my link' in the first post -odds are I'd be raking in more referrals than others based on the sole fact that mine would be first saying try this cool new thing....but...
    I'm guessing a mod may need to clarify a bit for everyone...

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I could be wrong but I'm reading it like everyone can have the referral link in their signature, but that we can't post the referral link in a post whether we start the thread or not. Nor can we say things like "Check out the link in my signature!"

People will by default look at your signature anyways if they are interested in signing up.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got 1SB for "Korean Fashion"

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

cus they didn't start the thread. If I had started this thread and said 'hey use my link' in the first post -odds are I'd be raking in more referrals than others based on the sole fact that mine would be first saying try this cool new thing....but...
    I'm guessing a mod may need to clarify a bit for everyone...
    I understand that the OP cannot post their referral link, but the idea that others can doesn't make sense.

Ie, I post a thread on superpoints, come join superpoints it's awesome blah blah blah here is my referral link ______. I get told, that's not allowed, get rid of it. Then you come on and say.. here is my referral link, blah blah blah, sign up under me. You can do that, but I can't?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm up to 4 sb's so far today, 2 x 2sb searches

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I think it just means that you can't start a thread with your referral link in the body of the thread. If the link is in your signature it's obviously going to be there and that's fine. I don't think that anyone is ever allowed to have referral links in the body of the post. It's just worded a bit funny.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by laurac86 View Post
    I'm up to 4 sb's so far today, 2 x 2sb searches
    I know hey, it's been a great searching day!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Worded "funny" that's for sure.

It clearly reads:
    When someone starts a thread that has referrals following posters may post their referral link, but the original poster must not post their referral at the beginning of the thread. These threads will be removed and a warning issued.
    meaning:
    OP cannot post referral link. Others can. Am I the only one reading it straight on?

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maybe View Post
    I think it just means that you can't start a thread with your referral link in the body of the thread. If the link is in your signature it's obviously going to be there and that's fine.
    Same

That's how I was reading it too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Worded "funny" that's for sure.
    Meaning:
    OP cannot post referral link. Others can. Am I the only one reading it straight on?
    hmm. I read it as that I can't post my referral link within the opening post, but I can have it in my signature. So for example, if I start a post on the program 'Make Money Fast' (I just made this up), then I can only write the actual site link (lets say something like makemoneyfast. com) in my post. However, I can include a referral link in my signature, which shows up at the bottom of every single post I make anyways...and if people feel nice after reading my post, they may look further, see that I have the referral link to this site in my signature and end up using it. Or they might choose to sign up by themselves on the site without being 'referred' by anybody. That way, the reader of the post doesn't feel hounded to use the OP's referral links...because if you only put the referral link and not the actual site link, it seems like you're just fishing for invites.

And I suppose that subsequent posts from other people can say things like "you can sign up under me too, link in siggy" or something like that. That's the only way it'd make sense to me, since I always thought we're not allowed to have the actual referral links in any of our posts anyways. Correct me if I'm wrong

Thread Information