User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By couponmummy

Thread: Flannel Plaid Shirts - Brag and Review

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

This is a brag and a review so hopefully others can get in on the awesome deals like me. For some reason, amazon.com is more expensive, not to mention the exchange rate.

So I see people wearing flannel shirts all over the place, on TV shows, commercials, newscast people in background, on the streets, etc. I don't want just any flannel plaid shirt, I want a buffalo plaid (it's a two colour checkerboard pattern). I had a red and blue one when I was a teenager so I know it's timeless.

My go to place is amazon.ca, which I have tons of $$ because of swagbucks. So I do a search of flannel plaid shirt and come up with a few choices. Depending how you search, you get different results. I saw the one from Wrangler but it was more expensive and it was 100% polyester. So I did another search and got Burnside Vector Men's. It is 80% cotton and 20% polyester. I can't seem to post the link, so do a search of "Burnside Men's Vector Plaid Flannel".

This was back in October. The first one I ordered was the Ecru one for $16.39 in medium. Amazon is great because if I don't like the fit or the feel of the fabric is not flannelly, I can return it for free and get a full refund. When I received it, I was blown away. The first thing I did was wash it. There were shrinkage so it was a good fit over a long sleeve tshirt.

So I ordered a red one in medium for $16.51 for myself and gave the ecru one to my son. He loves it because of the lumberjack pattern and the flannelly feel of the shirt. So I made another order of red in medium for $16.51.

I have been stalking these ever since my initial purchase and prices change on colour and size. When the charcoal in medium went down to $19.67, I placed another order. The prices goes up to $69.99 and other shirts are over $25 so I know these are good deals.

My daugher bought a flannel shirt at Old Navy on Black Friday. Even with the sale price, it was more expensive and the fabric was thin and not very flannelly.

Then the charcoal in small went down to $12.65, so I bought it. When I received it, I put it in the wash. I'm sure you all know that washing cotton shirts will shrink making the weave closer together so the fabric becomes thicker. I tried it on after drying it in the dryer to shrink it. It was snug over my tshirt but who cares, I don't usually button it.

Then end of November, I saw that the blue one in small was for sale for $11.50. It was on back order and knowing that it fits me, I made an order. Then I see it went up in price. Today, Dec. 24, I get an email that my shirt has shipped and will receive it on Jan 2. A couple of days ago, I saw that these shirts were 20% off with Prime.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Kellogg's, Old Navy
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sun, Dec 24th, 2017 at 10:28 AM.
    uanoor and Linda Evans like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I love my flannel shirts too. IMO Lands End makes the best ones, but all their good patterns are sold out for the season.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Thread Information