User Tag List

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Streptococcus is a cofactor with Epstein-Barr virus(es) so it's possible for someone to be dealing with both when illness presents as something else. The Thyroid Healing book also provided a case history of a nurse that had numerous health challenges in her personal health journey.
    Of course, the book does lists foods to include in one's diet including herbs (some seem to have particularly strong characteristics-you'll become a fan of parsley). There are also thyroid snack ideas: bananas and dulse (sea lettuce) form one snack option from the list.

There are the Great Mistakes chapters-current actions/thinking in medicine that hinder individuals from feeling their best. One of them is having to live with others' constant comments that the illness is all in your head. Or that the illness is caused by bad karma/ past incident on the ill person's part. Nope. Positivity matters where health has to rally--everyone's body is trying its best to work.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was glad to have brought along my Lysol wipes along and give some computer mice a cleaning. Just don't want to come down with something due to my Internet time on the lab equipment. Even table surfaces need some wiping down from all the beverage cups and snacks that get set down near the equipment.

I'm trying to think of a quick baking item for tonight that is not the same-old recipe. I know I'll make popcorn to watch a library DVD-found The Foreigner at the library (a Jackie Chan film that was quick to go from theatres to video).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For anyone venturing outdoors tomorrow morning in Southern Ontario, it'll be colder than this morning. Scarves on, gloves on and yes moisturize too!
    May we all have vacation mindsets tonight!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Darn it all -my mailbox is frozen my key wont go in -this is from the freezing rain yesterday -so I emailed them yesterday and it may take til jan17 til its fixed -and I liked getting my mail -uggg they tell you don't put anti-freeze spray on it as it may damage ,so either they will fix or replace it by the 17 -oh well
    -supper tonight fish and French fries and peas -easy peasy -oh made nice banana chocolate chip muffins this morning -gonna have one with a tea after supper
    -on sunday we are all going to Toronto ,my son his family and hubby and I ,daughter is having us for chicken and mashed potatoes
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jan 13th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I think I can officially say I am on the mend as long as I don't do something silly and if I do, do something silly my hip/back let me know. I am taking it as a good sign I can now put dishes away which includes a fair bit of bending.

Not too much happened today. I am working on a neck Pillow for Mom, originally it was for Christmas but since I had so much for her I tucked it away and then ran out of yarn. Mom grabbed me another ball of yarn so I am well on my way to finishing.

Also spent some time looking up new recipes, we have some leftover ham to use up so looked for recipes. Pretty sure we will not use it all but at least I have some ideas of what we can make so I know how much to freeze in each bag. Also trying to find new recipes as we seem to always eat the same things over and over and we need more variety.

Tidied up the kitchen, emptied and reloaded the dish washer and emptied the draining rack so now we just need to do the hand dishes.

Dinner tonight was made with various things we needed to use out of the fridge. I am re heating the Leftover Homemade Meatloaf. Found some mashed potatoes I have turned into a Loaded Mashed Potato Bake which also used some Green Onion that won't last much longer as well as it finished off an open tub of sour cream we had in the fridge.

I think after dinner I might tackle a few more things so tomorrow I can just do some meal prep. One thing I have started doing with dishes that freeze well, is when I make them I make way more then we need and freeze the rest. I find this helps as it was getting the point where I worked all week. Saturday was cleaning day and Sunday was cooking day and I was feeling I did not get a day off. Now even mid week I will make a large batch that just needs to be frozen on the weekend and I can have Saturday or Sunday off.

Thursday night I turned half a family package of ground beef into Taco Meat we ate some for dinner and the rest will be frozen. Think I will turn the other half of the package into Pasta Sauce to freeze.

Mom and I had a conversation in December that our lives are never going to change/slow down so we need to stop thinking that we just need to get through this and things will change but instead realize this is our lives and we need to make it work. This includes freezer meals, we do not really buy package frozen meals so we need to make our own and keep the freezer stocked.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good afternoon all. Mostly a lazy day here since we still have a cold snap. I did a bit of shopping yesterday since there was a deal posted online at Sobeys Cash and Carry (907 g cracker barrel cheddar 3 for $12 and 454g Mann's peas for $1.28)
    DH and I are going to Moxies later with our Christmas gc's.
    Happy Saturday!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had our son bring home his indoor school shoes. Sure enough, they were getting small on him. I took him shopping to WM and we picked out a variety of shoes in his size and found a variety of light up Lightnimg McQueen shoes that were rregular $29.97, sticks price $9.97, scanned at $9. So we bought one pair for him for school and two pairs for twin boy to grow into.
    3x pm’d NF $1.88 raspberries - 75c Driscoll’s berry coupons
    97c blackberries

Sobeys I spent $31.07 oop after using $10 innAir Miles, $28.50 in coupons, and earned 14AM. I got $5.50 in CO51. I purchased milk, case of chicken breasts, strawberries, yogurt, liquid hand soap, and Cavendish fries. Our son also got his free apple and cookie while we were shopping.

I now have enough to redeem for another CO51 cheque.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 13th, 2018 at 06:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just ordered the Tena 14$ AND 7$ for trade if I receive those.They can be ordered 1 per household per year
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Emailed bolthouse farm no response,johnsonville sausage(not enough time since the last request),chapmans,gardein(send response but will send 1$ off coupons not fpc 's ) colgate palmolive (got response I hope they will be 1$ coupons,not a small bundle of minor value coupons) and manns (no response)

Did the spend 20$ on pepsico products get 20$ on fpc's ...just need to get my receipt approuved ....take 2-4 days so monday at night if I got no email I got rejected.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jan 13th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not much going on here. It was nice weather wise yesterday but cold again today. I didn't do much yesterday other than sleep off and on as I was extremely tired.

I woke up this morning to a very quiet kitchen, no Sweety Tweety to greet me...she went to budgie heaven sometime during the night. Pretty quiet without her as we have had her for over 5 years. I will not be replacing her but I will post her cage and toys on our local Buy & Sell group. Have a super night everyone.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @macw1960 . So sorry about your bird...

Quiet aft and evening here, husband went to see our son (healing broken leg and doing ok) to bring him food and visit, and he just got home. I had sent along an apple crisp I baked, first time making something on my own since I came home from the hospital.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Today was a quiet day. Lazy and I didn't get things I wanted to done. I did the 2 upstairs bathrooms. Swept the hardwood and vacuumed the 3 bedrooms.

We went to star wars this after noon with my co-workers. one if my coworkers rents the theater for every time star wars is in town and everyone from our work and his wife's work comes. We took the boys and one off their friends. Splurged on snacks.

Then we had chilli and rice for supper. I cut up peppers and opened cans for bf.

At Christmas my mom was commenting that bf and I can work in the kitchen together and not fight. One of my sister's and her husband bicker while they cook or he gets kicked out. My other brother in law doesn't cook... but he bbs and she's not allowed to help him lol.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I boxed and binned up a lot of kids clothes to go back out to the shed. I brought in the bin of shoes and boots and discovered that I already have shoes in one of the sizes that I just bought today. I plan on returning that pair of shoes to WM and get the $9+ dollars back.

I’m starting to prepare for the onslaught of teaching applications that I will completed in the coming weeks. We would only move if I managed to get a continuing teaching contract in another school division. I find it very hard to continue the job hunt year after year. Our kids are getting bigger and I need to continue to work towards the long term future and goals.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Sorry for your loss @macw1960

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, @macw1960 . So sorry about your bird...

Quiet aft and evening here, husband went to see our son (healing broken leg and doing ok) to bring him food and visit, and he just got home. I had sent along an apple crisp I baked, first time making something on my own since I came home from the hospital.
    Thanks. Baby steps are working for you...apple crisp made and out and about.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information