User Tag List

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    Sorry for your loss @macw1960

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Today was a quiet day. Lazy and I didn't get things I wanted to done. I did the 2 upstairs bathrooms. Swept the hardwood and vacuumed the 3 bedrooms.

We went to star wars this after noon with my co-workers. one if my coworkers rents the theater for every time star wars is in town and everyone from our work and his wife's work comes. We took the boys and one off their friends. Splurged on snacks.

Then we had chilli and rice for supper. I cut up peppers and opened cans for bf.

At Christmas my mom was commenting that bf and I can work in the kitchen together and not fight. One of my sister's and her husband bicker while they cook or he gets kicked out. My other brother in law doesn't cook... but he bbs and she's not allowed to help him lol.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    DH wants to learn to cook certain items of food but he tends not to listen or interrupts me so I just clam up until he is done and start all over again. If he does it too much I just give up. Wish we were like you and yours.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was up very late last night cleaning out the big front closet. Outdoor clothes and shoes needed to be sorted through again. I have more to post for sale, others have been hung up again, a couple pairs of shoes were thrown out, and some were packed away. I still need to go through the top shelf. I needed to wait until the kids were awake before I go through the box of mittens and toques. The closet looks so much better now.

Today I need to go through some clothes in the twins’ bedroom, wash laundry, vacuum the living room floor again, and wash the kitchen floor. Dh or I will take the labeled boxes and bins out to the shed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen cleaned. Family room cleaned. 1 bathroom cleaned. Laundry on the go. Trying to clean up stuff and toss garbage. We have so much garbage to put out this week.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

So sorry for your loss Mac1960

today is a stay at home day. I have no intention of getting out of my jammies. plan is housework. and binge watching tv.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Macw so sorry for your loss
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just got back from Iga and Maxi.Spend 80$ for the week as we will eat from the freezer this week.Mostly fresh produces.Had a good deal on ground beef at 2,77$ lbs plus 900 pc points ,and used 2 fpcs for michelinas grande.Supper tonight is tacos with all the fixing.It is cold outside -20 degres...and -34 tonight ugh.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I know I am not the only one that gets excited by a clean freezer. I took advantage of the frigid temps yesterday and put everything outside so I could defrost the freezer and take stock of what we had on hand. Once it was done I used up a peameal roast bought in 2016 for breakfast this morning. Pulled pork from a pork roast that has been languishing about for some time. I don't like pork so it tends to be the last thing I use. Then I made a huge batch of kale and bean soup, so my lunches are done for the week. With extra for the freezer. Tonight we will make mince which is a British dish DH loves and it will be his lunches for the week and then a batch of something I call Asian slaw which is ground turkey and chopped cabbage salad. That will go into the freezer for lunches next week and then maybe a batch of chili and butter chicken for dinner on Monday.
    Now I am going for a walk.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a lady contact me just before lunch. She just stopped by and bought $23 in baby girl clothes. I’m happy with that. It was the size that our daughter is still outgrowing, so now there will be room in the box for me to put clothes as she continues to outgrow them.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:54 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday I emailed my husband a list and asked him to cash in pts at SDM-I actually like going but since I am away-he emailed me his receipt and he did pretty well with the task( which he has never done before). Great time whale watching yesterday-about 12 humpbacks -two swimming under the boat, another sticking his head out of the water to look at us, and a little calf doing breaches out of the water-so neat.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Pretty productive day here. Still happy with the little things like being able to lift the laundry baskets today to do laundry.

Laundry is done, folded and put away.

Kitchen is clean, all hand dishes done and put away. Dishwasher has been run and just needs to be emptied.

I turned the other half of the family package of ground beef into a large pot of Pasta Sauce which can be used for lunches and dinners this week with any leftover frozen. We have another package which I put in the freezer whole. Normally we break them down into 1/2 lb packages but this time I am going to try taking it out one weekend and cooking the whole thing into various items to be eaten and go in the freezer.

I also finished Mom's neck pillow. Another project complete which I will photograph later in the week.

It is Mom's Birthday so we ordered Chinese for dinner.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Not much going on here. It was nice weather wise yesterday but cold again today. I didn't do much yesterday other than sleep off and on as I was extremely tired.

I woke up this morning to a very quiet kitchen, no Sweety Tweety to greet me...she went to budgie heaven sometime during the night. Pretty quiet without her as we have had her for over 5 years. I will not be replacing her but I will post her cage and toys on our local Buy & Sell group. Have a super night everyone.
    Sorry to hear about your budgie.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

macw -sorry to hear about your budgie
    nat-awesome cooking on your own for son -nice feeling eh
    We got in at 7.30 we went to Toronto and we took Ashlyn ,my son drove in his car with wife and baby cara -my daughter made 2 lovely roasted chickens mashed potatoes and gravy and peas,i took a large box to Toronto for the kids to play in it was from the bay and sebastians xmas toy came in it -I never seen two kids Ashlyn and Sebastian so happy they tunnelled thru it they sat in the tall box ,they coloured on it -see kids don't always need toys -lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, priorities changed during the day. Returned the extra shoes to WM, but discovered that twin girl’s water bottle was broken. Our kids all have the same style of water bottles, but the display at WM was completely out of stock. I was forced to buy a different style. I’m hoping it grows on her.

I sorted through a box of clothes in the twins’ bedroom. Our son was a big help when I told him that I wanted to go through his entire dresser and remove any small clothes. It is now obvious that I need to get his next bin out of the shed and check for pjs. I may have to buy him new big pjs. He likes that his little brother will get the clothes. I sorted through a bin of toddler boy’s next size of clothes. I pulled a lot more clothes out to sell. Some stuff I don’t really bother to post for sale, just send it out to the “sell” side if the shed. We’ll be looking forward to garage sale season.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:05 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. I have a dc family off for vacation for the next 2 weeks. so things are a bit lighter . less money in but that is alright.

chicken fet alfredo with cauliflower and garlic bread
    i am buying a double stroller from a friend for 30.00 , I need to arrange to pick it up .
    other then that a pretty easy day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information