User Tag List

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Back to work, I am really trying to be more organized at work. Since a good portion of my job is projects and various other tasks that are not done regularly I find it is really hard to stay organized and on top of everything. I find I am good when a project starts but as other things start to pile I start to do what I need to, to just get by but the task is not always done to the best of my ability. I am thinking Fridays need to be my follow up/free day where I can look at where all my projects are and move ahead some of those back burner projects.

I have also decided to take a different approach at home. Each month I am going to choose 5 things I want to complete that month. For these 5 items I have all month to complete them but they will be focus and if I get them done and get something else done great but if I only complete these 5 tasks great. I find I can be my own worst enemy especially when it comes to, to do lists. I know from some strength building exercises I had to do for work that I am someone who feels the need to accomplish something every day which is great expect I tend to push myself. I will write myself a to do list but within myself I make it a game of how quickly can I complete it and can I add more items and then every night I feel I have to add more then the night before and end up pushing myself too far.

My 5 tasks for January are:
    Clean the drawer of the Oven
    Clean the top of the Dining Room Table
    Clean my Sock Drawer
    Clean the Linen Closet
    Post 10 items for Sale

I am really trying to find time to focus on myself as I am getting to a point where I feel like I have no downtime. I feel like between work and the house I have no free or down time and when I decide to do nothing and take a day for me I feel guilty. Recently there have been a couple of weekends where I decided I wasn't going to do anything but try to relax and at first I felt guilty but then noticed that come the end of the weekend I actually felt rested which is something that rarely happens. So I am hoping if I can get more organized both at work and home I can find time for me where I won't feel guilty for taking time for me.

Alright well better get back to work, I am trying to teach myself how to use Illustrator. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Back to work, I am really trying to be more organized at work. Since a good portion of my job is projects and various other tasks that are not done regularly I find it is really hard to stay organized and on top of everything. I find I am good when a project starts but as other things start to pile I start to do what I need to, to just get by but the task is not always done to the best of my ability. I am thinking Fridays need to be my follow up/free day where I can look at where all my projects are and move ahead some of those back burner projects.

I have also decided to take a different approach at home. Each month I am going to choose 5 things I want to complete that month. For these 5 items I have all month to complete them but they will be focus and if I get them done and get something else done great but if I only complete these 5 tasks great. I find I can be my own worst enemy especially when it comes to, to do lists. I know from some strength building exercises I had to do for work that I am someone who feels the need to accomplish something every day which is great expect I tend to push myself. I will write myself a to do list but within myself I make it a game of how quickly can I complete it and can I add more items and then every night I feel I have to add more then the night before and end up pushing myself too far.

My 5 tasks for January are:
    Clean the drawer of the Oven
    Clean the top of the Dining Room Table
    Clean my Sock Drawer
    Clean the Linen Closet
    Post 10 items for Sale

I am really trying to find time to focus on myself as I am getting to a point where I feel like I have no downtime. I feel like between work and the house I have no free or down time and when I decide to do nothing and take a day for me I feel guilty. Recently there have been a couple of weekends where I decided I wasn't going to do anything but try to relax and at first I felt guilty but then noticed that come the end of the weekend I actually felt rested which is something that rarely happens. So I am hoping if I can get more organized both at work and home I can find time for me where I won't feel guilty for taking time for me.

Alright well better get back to work, I am trying to teach myself how to use Illustrator. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    I feel guilty about a day for me too. It doesn't help that when I do tends to be when bf stops his days for him Nd then acts like I never do anything.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I need to meal prep for the week.

Oatmeal for the next 3 days.

Dinner tonight - Homemade burgers (grabbing fresh buns on way home from work)

Dinner tomorrow night- Chicken with veggies

Dinner Wednesday- Leftovers (make quesidias with chicken etc) (have wraps to use up already)

Dinner Thursday- Steak with mushrooms/onions and baked potato, green beans (everything on hand)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just had a $2 sale. I have a $5 pick up scheduled for Friday, since she doesn’t seem to live in my community.

Corn chowder is ready for supper.
    Tomorrow night might be speghittini and meatballs.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Started off the day by waking up at 6:45 AM rather than 6:00 AM as my alarm clock did not go off. We left the house at 8:15 AM for the University Hospital in London for a bunch of tests for me. We had lunch at McDonald's which was free with GC win. Also picked up 6 bags of Iams Cat Food free with FPC's and a stop at Picard's Peanuts for treats for us.

When we got home I was so tired that I slept for 2 hours and to top it off I think I am catching a cold. I am not impressed. Thanks to all about their condolences about Sweety Tweety as I can't seem to multi quote.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping all is okay with you, macw.

Good morning, all!

An update on what's going on with me - so you'll understand why I haven't been shopping/saving - well, saving because I'm not the one doing shopping, lol!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/423460...6/#post6858502

Have a great day!

barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hoping all is okay with you, macw.

Good morning, all!

An update on what's going on with me - so you'll understand why I haven't been shopping/saving - well, saving because I'm not the one doing shopping, lol!

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/423460...6/#post6858502

Have a great day!

Feeling much better today thanks. Hoping your road to recovery goes smoothly and as anticipated.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Light snow here today. We are getting closer to Spring

I have 2 whole chickens in the slow cooker today. Will pop them in the oven when I get home while making veggies.

Leftover chicken will be used for quesidias and chicken fried rice (DS loved the rice I made last week and will take it cold in his lunch! Win!!)

Will finish laundry tonight. Dishwasher will be full enough to run after dinner tonight.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh nat thanks for the update -such a lovely husband and remember slow and steady wins the race-lol

-well I decided to head back to the doctors this morning had an appt at 10.00 a.m (dear hubby drove me as I am so tired)and-I am so sick and tired of being sick ,yet I had 3 good days last week -so he gave me cough medicine with narcotics in it -as I too am up most of the night -last night woke up at 2.am did a load of laundry and some of my puzzle ,but I think only got 4 hours sleep,my doctor said there are awfull strains of flu and virus so many this year he had 26 patients this morning booked
    -I lucked out as I went to get my meds ,rexall had seniors day got my Epsom salts for 7.99 saved 2.00,got 2 pairs of polka dot socks for 3.16,the rest of the items were on sale -got a yummy lindt bar for 1.79 -2.00 manager sticker on it -gonna try to rest this afternoon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the upcoming sale flyers for Ontario are posted. RCSS has shrimp on! DS has been asking for it. Will go perfect with our steak on Thursday night!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -it's lovely to see the flyers a few days in advance and anticipate some deals getting onto the grocery lists!
    I like the Spring mindset you have. Can you arrange for Standard Time to prevail through the year so we will not have to adjust our clocks in March?
    @SassyAshley -recipe variety is the spice of winter. Like your personal challenge too.
    @Natalka -thanks for your update post. Big rep for your baking!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Frugalbigmama -it's lovely to see the flyers a few days in advance and anticipate some deals getting onto the grocery lists!
    I like the Spring mindset you have. Can you arrange for Standard Time to prevail through the year so we will not have to adjust our clocks in March?
    @SassyAshley -recipe variety is the spice of winter. Like your personal challenge too.
    @Natalka -thanks for your update post. Big rep for your baking!

We have to think positive to get us through this cold/snow!! I actually was looking at seeds today! Was going to buy them but decided to wait lol
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was telling my oldest the meal plan for the next few days and he said that he would make sure to be home Thursday for dinner (steak) lol. Regardless, his dinner would be plated and put in the fridge for him when he got home. Funny how they start to appreciate a good meal when they get older. I guess steak beats pizza and McDonalds?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

All the kids are napping, so we took advantage. Our son and I have a 8x8” pan of box brownies, and a 9x13” pan of apple crisp made with free apples that I cut up in the fall.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I saved 5.89 at rexall today from seniors 20% off saved 2.00 off my Epsom salts and they are one item that hardly goes on sale ,plus got 6 airmiles
    -guess what I found as I went to get my mail in the snow (just across the street)- a beer can so brought it back home
    -supper tonight kraft dinner and marie callender meat pies
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information