User Tag List

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Enough of the cold calls and e mails for today. 8 yes, 1 will check, 2 no and 3 waiting to hear.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper tonight -hubby and I went to harveys used 2 cpns and 5.00 gift card from lunchmates -so only paid 8.40(nice treat for us)
    -hubby had hot dog combo upgrated to a milkshake 4.99,i had veggie burger combo 5.99 -I noticed the cpns that expire in feb the prices went up 2 can dine for 11.99 (I had used jan cpns ) ahhh everything is going up good thing I use cpns for when we eat out
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 at 05:26 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Tired of chicken and veggies for lunch so today I have 2 boiled eggs, cucumbers and sunflower bread I will toast. We also have strawberries and blueberries etc. Nice variety for a cold winter day!

I did nothing but cook dinner and clean the kitchen last night. Tonight is leftovers then hockey. So doubt I will be motivated to do anything when we get home. Have been very tired this week! It will be Spring soon

I had to shop for work so figured take advantage of the last of a SDM promo. Spend $50 get 12,000 pts. So I have 114,944 ready to transfer to the new program. Will be doing a fun redemption soon at RCSS for sure.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @sweet sparrow

LOL on the chocolate, but you do need extra calories!
    Yep, my life has changed considerably. There's a thread about it in the Tea Room - you don't have to read it all, but if you read my posts on it, most is explained there.
    @Natalka : Gracious, you have been through quite the ordeal! I'm glad you're out of hospital and on the mend, and Milan too. I hope you both continue to recover and quickly. Hugs to you both and prayers for a continual recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Sweet Sparrow it’s good to see you back.
    @Angela273 : Thank you! You're always so admirably on top of buying and selling for the kids. I think I have yet to hit my stride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    The coconuts were on for .25 each and I priced matched the cucumbers, strawberries and carrots.
    @Frugalbigmama : Does your RCSS stock the 1 lb strawberries? Ours does not, or maybe they sell out of them before I ever see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Hello, @Sweetsparrow ! You are multitasking during lunches at work? Once the weather improves, you will be enjoying the sunshine ASAP so you have some rare me-time with lunch. As for working in a lab-not me.
    @Ciel : When you mentioned lab, I thought you were working in a research lab. I didn't think of a computer lab! I suppose you can call it multi-tasking. I'm taking advantage of that labour law that says you can pump milk in a room with a locked door if you're still trying to breastfeed.

Unfortunately, the baby does not enjoy expressed milk at daycare and only drinks water. I suspect they're giving it to her cold and she does not like cold anything.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Sweets parrow- Yes my RCSS has the 1lb strawberries. They have been pretty good lately with having the fruit I pm in stock.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I think it is great that you are using the law for its intended purposes and pumping for your little one. I’d suggest talking to the daycare to make sure they are warming the milk and doing it properly. You are paying for their services and that is part of it. I’ve kept quiet about it on here because everyone has their own opinions on nursing. Our twins are 2.5yrs old and I am just finishing weaning them now. I’ve been reducing their feeds for months. I weaned our oldest at 18 months, I wanted to give my body a bit of a break before getting pregnant again.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today I online shopped -year round I look ordered socks at the gap for my son -then popped over to old navy -I spent 14.61 and got 2 pairs of kids sock ,one pair of mens socks,heavy fleece track pants for Sebastian and a top for Ashlyn -I love clearance sales and free shipping
    -relaxing today as I have a procedure at a hospital tomorrow morning my daughter-in-law will drop me off as I have to be there for 9.45 and hubby will pick me up around 11.30

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wanted to bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this morning, but the kids didn’t want to. I pulled grated zucchini and frozen banana from the freezer. They’ll be turned into banana zucchini chocolate chip muffins later today. I’ll probably bake some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or squares too when the oven is on. I’ve been wanting to make cheese cake or my baked cheese loaf, but I usually do those when there is company to share with.

I just got all the kids kids down for their afternoon nap, so I’ll probably spend more time working on my computer again. As I’ve said before, I’m preparing for the onslaught of teaching applications. I’d also like to clod some more trades on SC, or potentially on that FB coupon group. I put infant formula coupons up for trade yesterday.

I only have one daycare kid today and she always gets picked up early, so I plan on taking the kids with me to Sobeys to pick up a few things. Then I’ll be home to make tacos for supper. Dh has a long meeting tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:38 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had that desired hot chocolate last night, despite the huffing and puffing wind delivering fine freezing rain. Then wind stopped the rain within a few minutes' walk of the Walmart store. Had pasta and herbs for dinner (big bowl) and more candies. Got my Korean drama episode fixes with the Youtube app later on the DVD player.

This morning's tea was accompanied by lemon glazed banana and ginger scones. They looked ok and I have to get a pastry brush for applying the cream to the wedges next time and to apply glaze (the back of a tablespoon only does so much and dripped cream scorches pretty-darn-quick (3min) when it's on parchment paper and the baking sheet is in lower third of oven-fixed that quickly). http://www.finecooking.com/recipe/le...allized-ginger

I did replace the confectioner's sugar in the glaze with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar for that thick sugar syrup look instead. The lemon juice in the glaze really sets off the banana flavour and picks up a little on the ginger (which I hardly noticed after the effort made last week to make crystallized ginger).

Kindly ignore the Feb. 2018 frugal thread until next Thursday.

Ms. Sunshine has been beaming most of today-thank you!!! Thrilled to see @wolfwoman posting too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Next week, I'll take a look at some spring fashions since they are in stores now and with Easter on April 1 or 8, know that spring fashion sales likely will occur by March break if not sooner.
    My sewing fabric has been hollering for some attention---ah, fibre love (but the action of sewing not so much).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. We have a nasty bug floating a round the area... I sent 2 dc kids home with fevers today. Joy. 1 will not be back tommorrow or friday.. the other comes again friday... hope she is doing better...

Swagbucks is doing silly stuff.. so I am exploring other click stuff. I am still doing well with it... but I am hoping for no more changes...

ordered 2 more toys for the dc. and a cane for me. I did a nasty on my ankle last year, good because it brought to light a underlying condition....... and I will need surgery at some point.. leading up to it.. certain weather trends will cause me pain... so....... I got a cane for the odd time I will need it.
    Side note... when your child sprains their ankle.. take them to the hospital .. just to make sure it is not a break.. and healing off center.. it will save much grief when that child is older......

just chilling for the night .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

One coupon e mail request for coupons has been processed, still waiting on two more. I will probably make more cold calls again tomorrow.

Spent most of my day cleaning and doing odd jobs that needed to be done. Floors need to be mopped but they can wait. I called a plumber to install my new bathroom taps and he will do it on Monday.

Toasted bacon and tomato sandwich for supper with an ice cream cone for dessert. I am still a little hungry so time for an apple. Have a super night all.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@Angela273 I hope you meant cookies and you're not really baking coupons! Though chocolate chip ones would be nice!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @sweet sparrow I think it is great that you are using the law for its intended purposes and pumping for your little one. I’d suggest talking to the daycare to make sure they are warming the milk and doing it properly. You are paying for their services and that is part of it. I’ve kept quiet about it on here because everyone has their own opinions on nursing. Our twins are 2.5yrs old and I am just finishing weaning them now. I’ve been reducing their feeds for months. I weaned our oldest at 18 months, I wanted to give my body a bit of a break before getting pregnant again.
    @Angela273 : I've been meaning to call the daycare about feeding routines. LO has never been a good feeder. Early on, she just kept napping when it was feeding time to the point where her weight dropped dangerously low. She's not taking much interest in solids and hates anything mushy. Now that she comes home from daycare though, she eats dinner like there's no tomorrow. Her older sister was the same but her sister packed on the pounds quickly. LO is still lightweight and her pants don't stay on unless she's in cloth diapers. I weaned my oldest after she turned 2, but LO may go much earlier.

It seems like I barely see her anymore. DH wakes her up and takes her to daycare, then he puts her to bed and holds her until she falls asleep each night. I pick her up after daycare but have to put her down at home so I can rush around making dinner and lunches. I wish maternity leave was 18 months for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today I online shopped -year round I look ordered socks at the gap for my son -then popped over to old navy -I spent 14.61 and got 2 pairs of kids sock ,one pair of mens socks,heavy fleece track pants for Sebastian and a top for Ashlyn -I love clearance sales and free shipping
    @coupon girl : Good luck at the hospital tomorrow. I hope it's just a routine procedure.

I will look for socks at The Gap and Old Navy. I was looking at WM for DD1, but all their socks were polyester. I did find Frozen and Justice League socks in the clearance bin, but they're still polyester. Even the Fruit of the Loom socks were polyester.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks sweet sparrow yes its just a routine test -a cystoscopy one which I have never had before ,test only takes 15 minutes but you are at the hospital for 2 to 2 and half hours, the next test in march is an ultrasound where I have to have 5 bottles of water in me -I really don't know how I will be able to hold all that in.
    Well my son says its harder with 2 girls ,Ashlyn got upset the other day because he went up the stairs before her ,she is not getting enough sleep -I think starting school in sept and baby cara coming in november was a big change for her ,oh and sweet sparrow my daughter says Sebastian doesn't eat anything hardly at daycare as its organic ,he doesn't like it sometimes mind you he did eat the clam chowder soup the other day and none of the other kids did ,when he gets home form daycare he eats like there no tomorrow also ,mind you sometimes he moans on the way home in his stroller for a snack of some sort -ex goldfish and cara is giving my daughter-in-law good sleeps the other night she slept 6 and a half hours and she is 2 months
    -yes the socks are really nice from the gap and old navy I got a pair for .75 from old navy(beige with a dog at the top) ,cause the gap is free shipping ,then look at old navy's site .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information