User Tag List

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am pretty happy with what I got done last night, the kitchen is clean, just need to empty the dishwasher tonight and there aren't even dirty dishes to be put in (until I make dinner). I also cleaned the bathroom so I won't have to do that on the weekend.

I really need to do some cooking this weekend, last weekend Mom wanted the Kitchen to do cooking so I did not do any cooking and neither did she in the end. Needless to say I am really feeling not having food in the fridge to grab and it seems that any leftovers we do have get called. I feel like I should have done some cooking last night but really I just wanted to get some chores done so I won't have to do them on the weekend.

I also did some work last night, I had 1 more photo to edit for the work website and I decided I would do that last night as I think I would prefer to work at night if needed then to work on the weekend. I am really trying to make weekends about me so I feel I get some sort of break from the insanity of life.

With that being said today is photo day and hopefully my office mate does feel I am trying to push him out. We have a box from a TV in my office which has become the perfect backing for my photos. I have pinned the back drops to it and set up my own little photo studio on the boardroom table. Now to find the products that haven't arrived in my office yet.

I went shopping Tuesday night after work and I have to say it was a bit of a fail, everything I needed that was not on sale they did not have. The only mushrooms they had were organic and I am not paying that price for mushrooms, they had no garlic at all and when I asked was informed they had garlic powder, um not the same. So all I got were the 3 items I was price matching to other stores. So needless to say we still need to shop. I have given Mom 2 options either go tonight when she gets home or go tomorrow which is her day off, I am kind of hoping she chooses tonight or to do it on her own tomorrow but we will have to wait and see. If she does it on her own tomorrow we will arrange that we both get home at the same time so I can help her carry it all in and put away, oh what I would give for a driveway.

Alright well I better get back to setting these lights up and finding out where my other products are. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. I only have 2 dc kids. and we are going to story time. so that will be nice. middle child is home today... so they will tidy the family room... they want to have a few friends over on saturday... so they get to spruce it up.

I need to get a replacement library card. I lost mine ..
    pick up a few things from the grocery store its right beside the library so thats easy peesey

I am hoping to get a bit of house related stuff done at naptime. I have 2 good nappers , so that shuld be easy.
    have fun a ll
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl: When I was at the hospital for the ultrasound for my pregnancies, I once misunderstood the instructions which said to drink all the water before the hour before the test and I thought I had to drink all the water within the hour before the test. The technician said she could see everything just fine, even though I didn't drink any water before the hour that I needed to. She said the amount of water a person needs varies from person to person, but in general, the larger the person, the more water is needed for the test. You might need a lot less water than they tell you to drink.

It must depend on the girls. My friend with two girls thinks it so easy to give them both baths at the same time, get them ready together, and the girls are close enough in age that they entertain each other. I empathize with your son. DD1 had a meltdown this morning and we were late, all because she could not put her hood on after her scarf was on. Tears, +15 minutes late, and a lot of lying on the floor. I've been battling a cold for the past 3 - 4 weeks, so I cannot raise my voice at all. I think I heard somewhere not to raise your voice when your child is being unreasonable and I guess we'll see if it helps as she grows up.

My first girl is so much more time consuming and demanding than the baby. I think my second girl must be quite neglected in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    The only mushrooms they had were organic and I am not paying that price for mushrooms, they had no garlic at all and when I asked was informed they had garlic powder, um not the same.
    DH offers me garlic powder all the time if we run out and the recipe calls for garlic.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow every kid is so different, I remember my Aunt once telling me had their second Daughter been their first they never would have had a second child and her children truly are night and day. The oldest is out going, always on the go, always wants to be doing something a lot like her Mom and those two are like 2 peas in a pod. The youngest is more like my uncle, likes to stay at home, not get involved in activities and in general does not like attention, when she was little her teaches always said how smart she was but as soon as she noticed someone paying attention to her she would stop talking for the rest of the day even if she was called on she just wouldn't speak.

It isn't even just with the same sex of children. My cousin's wife was just telling me everything she did with the first (a girl) if she does the same with her second (a boy) he won't have it. She said it is like 2 different rule books and you have to take the good and the bad, she joked if only she could combine the 2 at times.

Also even as an oldest child I think a lot of it is jealousy and not being used to the change. I see it huge with my cousin's little girl she is not happy at all to be sharing the attention from Mommy or anyone to be honest even myself at Christmas whenever I had her brother she was all over me put him down and play with her even if someone else was playing with her. From what you have said I think my cousin's oldest might be like your oldest, she is extremely smart, people constantly forget she is only 3, she holds down full conversations, uses words correctly but she is also at times too smart for her own good. I have to laugh as she constantly tells you she isn't allowed to do something but will then do it and when you get mad she is just like yeah I know, your point, it was wrong but I did it.

I had to laugh a few weeks ago my Cousin's wife posted a conversation they had one Facebook and one things she said was sometimes I like my baby brother but not all the time, just sometimes he is okay. But the funny thing is as soon as he cries she goes insane and wants to do anything to make him stop so deep down she loves him or so I kept telling her.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Jan 25th, 2018 at 11:10 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ongoing life goal is a stress-free or positive stress day!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -the part about the crying baby brother--the older girl might simply be averse to loud or sustained noises and thus is overloaded with anxiousness to make it stop. I certainly felt that way. I do understand the jealousy angle between the siblings. Just keep tabs on the boy when he's a toddler or child and see if older male relatives make him feel more special with $20 bills and such. I have yet to hear of older girls getting money just because they were girls, like boys are told when someone gives them money. Did you experience that situation with your brothers, finding out they got money at some visit or event but no one gave you that same amount?
    About garlic-if you want Ontario garlic, Sobeys and a couple of other grocers offer them in net sleeves of 3 for about $4.99 or more. I don't know if there might be a co-operative farm in your area selling shares for this year that provide garlic as part of their produce boxes for members.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom & I had words over her reorganization of the pantry contents. She put the bulkiest items at the back of two shelves and that means Dad will likely not see anything and buy more. Since one case of KD boxes is in there, I certainly do not want two more cases coming into the house as happened with the KD bowls last year. So I took my pasta bags out and also the waxed paper and plastic wraps--Mom buried them under various sandwich bag boxes and also put some food items on the top shelf which is overrun by about 30 tea boxes (mostly Dad's) and not one of them is dealing with the mess. I plan to check the teas again to see which are duplicate boxes and consolidate bags into one box (as I did in October during cleanup).
    Best thing about opening up the kale salad mix bag to dispose of the changing salad contents-finding a seed & dried fruit mix in a bag, so I used that mix on my pasta breakfast to boost protein. I had hesitated about tossing the salad on Monday so I put a note alerting family to check it, but obviously the bag did not get priority (unlike TV watching and drinking coffees). Will have to operate on stealth mode when tossing things out of the fridge-the shelves need washing.
    I have been going through this month's clippings from newspapers and free home/decor magazines to get most into the blue box. Did find a ceiling light from a featured home (the Oakville one in the Princess Margaret lottery) that I want to know more about-it has a floral shape which is an improvement over a round semi-flushmount ceiling light I saw on the Lowe's website.

There's a salmonella issue with certain shredded coconut products-please check your items:
    http://www.canadiangrocer.com/top-st...form=hootsuite

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Regarding garlic, the CO51 app has a new offer for 25c off garlic.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight is clean house and get laundry done and put away night! I texts the oldest his list and told the youngest he will have a list when he gets home. Will start as soon as we walk in the door while getting dinner going too.

Dinner- Simple using up leftovers and adding a few easy quick things to make.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon everybody-well that was an easy test ,except I was suppose to have a full bladder ,well the sheet didn't tell me that(the doctor told me in November she told me -I thought she was referring to the ultrasound I am to have in march and I was sick the past month anyway she still did the test and my bladder is fine -so one test down another to go in march.Ashlyn wanted me to take her to the bus stop this morning as I went to daughter-in-law's at 6.45 so she could drive me to the hospital at 9.00a.m ,Ashlyn was so happy to see me ,oh and my daughter-in-law said Ashlyn doesn't want my son to hold baby cara after he gets home in the evening -she wants my son all for herself Ashlyn does (age 4) so it is a bit of jealously.
    Supper tonight pancakes and eggs ,hubby wants something easy which is okay by me ,not going anywhere today just relaxing doing my puzzle keeping warm .

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

After losing over $60 on our Esso Speedpass, I'm continuing to use up all our GCs as soon as I find things to use them on. I just used up a $50 Mastercard gift card today on my parents' phone line on which I pay the bills on, and seeing the news on Toys R Us this morning, I'll be using up a $50 GC with them in the next few days.

Tomorrow is the last day to return a pair of shoes I bought for DH on boxing day. I guess I'll be making a quick trip at lunch!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow how did you lose $60 on your speedpass?

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@SassyAshley : DH was the one who always stopped for gas at the Esso when we just had one vehicle. The MC it was linked to expired but the login was linked to an email he used to have before we ditched Bell. So the login didn't work. He was never available during weekdays so I could call in with him to update the account, so the key fob worked for awhile and then stopped working.

We finally called in last week when he was off to hear that the points expire after awhile and when we couldn't tell her what the old MC number was. Over $60 in points was in the account, but since it was a tiny hatchback and DH fills up on gas every two days, he never had enough for a $30 redemption, much less be bothered to step out of the car to go into the kiosk.

I found the actual card for it once, and tried to find out how many points was on it in an Esso station, but they said they can only inquire if I was buying gas and I was just walking the LO in her stroller that day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went into RCSS since GT didn't have the Wonder Wraps I wanted. Found 2KG bag of perogies for .94 cents! (Expiry date Dec 07, 2018) My kids love these and its something they both will eat as leftovers. I bought 5 bags!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information