User Tag List

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took twin girl to a doctor late this afternoon. She now has a prescription too. I’m still trying to stop it from spreading further. My hands are cracked and bleeding. I wear rubber gloves while washing dishes or other things in the kitchen.

I stopped at Walmart to buy some Huggies diapers and pull-ups. Our toddler son “helped” me print the coupons, which were accidentally the US version. I’ll go back tomorrow night for the pull-ups. I ended up scoping a box of diapers.
    $33.44 - $10 SCOP - $4 CO51 = $19.44 = 14.7c per diaper
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday morning it was starting to melt and the strong winds hadn’t hit yet, so the kids and I spent 1.5hrs outside. I shoveled most of the snow and ice off our large deck. I was also able to rescue most of the kids toys that had frozen to the ground or ice. In the afternoon we had winds up to 80km/hr. It’s currently -12 with 23km/hr winds, feels like -21. It’s supposed to be windy here from about 10am onwards, so it’ll be an inside day.

I signed up for dessert and a documentary at the library tonight. I’ll swing by WM for the box of pull-ups before I come home. CO51 and a coupon will make it a good price, since we aren’t done with them yet.

Tomorrow night I might be joining a friend for Theology on Tap. I went with her in early January and it was enjoyable. I’m not used to going out 3 nights in a row without our kids, but Dh is encouraging me to go.

I haven’t nursed our twins since last week, and before bed was their last feeding. It makes it easier for someone else to put them to sleep for the night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I got our heating bill for last month.. it was double what it usually is. but it was cold. really cold. and I budgeted high, so it is ok.

I am insanly excited about the new pc program. it looks like No frills will get my veggie shopping this week.

a friend was selling her areogarden. so i got it for 10.00 . I plan on starting some lettuces in it ..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I got our heating bill for last month.. it was double what it usually is. but it was cold. really cold. and I budgeted high, so it is ok.

I am insanly excited about the new pc program. it looks like No frills will get my veggie shopping this week.

a friend was selling her areogarden. so i got it for 10.00 . I plan on starting some lettuces in it ..
    I'm excited too about the new pc program. I think there will be lots of point offers to start us off
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Brrr out there, and it's going to stay like this for the next days...

Not sure if shopping will be in the cards these next few days, husband was home two days with a hurt back, but he went back to work today, so we'll see...

Have a great day, keep warm!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I took twin girl to a doctor late this afternoon. She now has a prescription too. I’m still trying to stop it from spreading further. My hands are cracked and bleeding. I wear rubber gloves while washing dishes or other things in the kitchen.
    I stopped at Walmart to buy some Huggies diapers and pull-ups. Our toddler son “helped” me print the coupons, which were accidentally the US version. I’ll go back tomorrow night for the pull-ups. I ended up scoping a box of diapers.
    $33.44 - $10 SCOP - $4 CO51 = $19.44 = 14.7c per diaper
    @Angela273 : Congrats on the SCOP for diapers!

I also have the same issue with cracked and bleeding hands. It was one of the reasons I hesitated on having children. DD1 cries when I try and bathe her sometimes, saying that my hands scratch and hurt her. Even washing her face, she doesn't want me to touch her. Now on some new medication and she's saying that my hands are almost healed. I think I need to use the medicine for a solid two weeks with some good sleep. Have you seen a dermatologist about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Our heating bill was insane last month! I just thought it was DD1 taking forever to come in from the outdoors or me running back and forth carrying in groceries or carting children! Has it been really cold? I don't think I notice much anymore. Things like forgetting to put cheese in DD1's lunch have become the top priority (or so she tells me).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I have not seen a dermatologist about my hands. They have been worse since I have had children in diapers. Extra times washing hands, extra high chairs and dishes to wash, etc. My hands get wet and dry too many times in the day. We do not have a dish washer, so everything in the kitchen is washed by hand.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @sweet sparrow I have not seen a dermatologist about my hands. They have been worse since I have had children in diapers. Extra times washing hands, extra high chairs and dishes to wash, etc. My hands get wet and dry too many times in the day. We do not have a dish washer, so everything in the kitchen is washed by hand.
    @Angela273 : Same here. We also do not have a dishwasher and DD1 will eat up to three or four servings depending on the day, and DD2 is still getting used to new foods so I'm continuously trying to give her new things and things she's previously rejected.

The dermatologist asked me if I washed my hands more than 15 times a day, which made me laugh. It seems like 15 times an hour sometimes!

Perhaps it's worth getting a referral from your doctor? The pain in my hands is too much sometimes. DD2 has an iron grasp and when she wants to walk or hold her own spoon, she is like a bulldog. When she grabs my hands, OH IT HURTS, especially if any cracks tear! You should go just to take care of yourself.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ladies -my hands don't bleed or crack but are very dry-I find the best hand crème over the counter is Norwegian formula -hand cream made by Neutrogena the price is on sale 4.99 ,it can be 6.99-8.99 regular price its fragrance free also

-just popped over to Walmart to save a bit on groceries spent 84.00 so not bad saved 11.50 in cpns and 1.00 checkout51-i used 2 of the mccormicks gravy cpns so I got 2.00 overage -I wouldn't even attempt to use more as I don't want a hassle or refusal of the cpn ,I only have a few cpns anyway ,it cold out there too. Hubby has a stomach bug since yesterday ,he seems to be running to the toilet ,so I am not making a big supper or a heavy meal tonight maybe just scrambled eggs we will see

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I'm excited too about the new pc program. I think there will be lots of point offers to start us off
    I am waiting on wat the offers will be this week. So far.. 15000 for no frills if you spend 100... and 6000 on pepsi prducts for 20.00 both easy offers for me. I spend 50 on veggies and fruit. lol
    I will not go crazy, but i am certainly watching the programs and will work some to my advntage I hope.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My youngest hasn't been picky about clothing. He is starting to want to look "cool" lol but for the most part he just wears what he has. He is a solid kid (athletic) so really doesn't fit in kids clothing anymore. So I have been looking at Men's XS/S/M for him.
    I have wanted to get him new t-shirts for summer and been looking but cheap quality Men's stuff is expensive! (even cheap crap at Walmart) I just took a peak at American Eagle for him. I just bought him 4 tops (2 t-shirts, 2 long sleeve(one is a sport pullover reg price over $50!) and a hat for me for the gym! Happy with my little haul and can't wait till it arrives to surprise him! So I plan on ripping his closet apart this weekend and getting rid of all the stuff too small/garbage. It's been a long time coming!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My biggest concern right now with the new PC Program is this weekend. With so many people out doing their weekly shopping and the switch over will the system crash? Let's face it RCSS is a zoo on the weekend and if most people shopping need to change to the new program I am just worried it will over burden the system and it may crash.

With that being said pretty sure we are going shopping Saturday as we plan to be out and about doing other things.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am hoping they wil have extra people to handle it. they are certainly offering extra points for shopping..
    our RCSS, has every till open on sat/sun always.. so I am certain that end wont be to hard. I still need to look at their flyer to see for sure where I am shopping... I do prefer RCSS for veggies. they are just nicer.

I am also hoping they will do something for the online aspect of the plan... I want my bonus points....lol

I made monthly master on SB.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done and kitchen cleaned. Will have to to feed the youngest later since he ate late and wasn't hungry. Laundry is ready in laundry room to start at 7. Just going to try and aim for 2 loads done and put away.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I really wanted to get to No frills or Rcss today to pick up more of the toilet paper on sale at no frills . Was just to busy with youngest today. Oh well wasn't meant to be i guess. I did get 4 packages on weekend but thought it was a pretty good deal.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information