User Tag List

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Chores are done and the rest of the night is mine. Off to watch the last three episodes of Coronation Street, then who knows!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is chicken seasoned with garlic and lemon and cooked in small pieces with basmattie rice and green beans. I have chicken breasts marinating on the fridge overnight to dump in crockpot in the morning for tomorrow nights dinner.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone and happy new year to each of you!!! Did not post much because I was not feeling very well with the hollidays.Glad they are over.We have a heat problem in the appt the thermostats dont work well at 50% so we will have an electician who will come check this issue but we dont know when because the office is closed until january 7.......it is freezing cold in here....not normal....another badluck is my father worked 5 days this week so we did not spend new year togheter....that made me sad and sick.....And his car dont start we dont know the problem if it is the cold or the alternator but that ruine this month budget.....At least for this week with no car the freezer is full but it is not very practice.....Wishing everyone a great evening and night.Supper was tacos .quick and easy since we had frozen ground beef at least(last package)....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And wow my birthday is january 15 ,..so less than 2 weeks....time fly away

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Had a lovely e-mail picture by my aunt Christmas day but no news from my uncle.....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    So did you simply take his offer or try to get a better deal? ;p
    Lol I took his offer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you all.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I purchased this lot of advertised 4/5 size clothes for twin girl for $40. Dh and I happen to know the family from in town and I found her post on one of the Facebook pages. I sorted the clothes after the kids were asleep and I am disappointed. Nearly all of the clothes arev5 or 6, with very few size 4. I bought this lot because I have very few size 4 clothes for her to grow into. She also advertised them as gently used, but some of them have paint, stains, or are so worn that I can’t read the size on the tags. I was hesitant, but decided to contact the seller regarding the wrong sizes, I did not mention the condition of the items. She simply stated that they fit size 4/5, which is why they don’t fit her daughter. She also pointed out that I can re-sell whatever I don’t want. Not a useful conversation with her. I’ll need to keep an eye out for actual size 4 clothes, as I don’t trust that these items are small enough.
    Name:  7C56D200-4FCD-4745-9440-F206B6E47E1B.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  371.4 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hmmm. I am sorry. hopefully you can find some size 4 clothes easily enough.

morning all. yesterday was just cold. so cold. all meals at home, no outside spending of money.
    ordered a chapmans coupon. I am trying to get back into couponing, but it is a bit hard.. and it seems i need to relearn some things.

this week so far is just kicking my tush. I am exhusted. but I am sure it will pass.
    maybe I just need more tea....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Happy New year to all. Will figure out my goals in the next couple days. BF blew me away last night by proposing. I was speechless and my sister had to tell me to answer lol.

wow! Congratulations!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Another cold and blustery day here. My plan for the day is to stay indoors so no spending here either unless DH plans on getting gas for his truck.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday was a bit of a broken up day as we had to get Mom's windshield replaced. I picked her up and we did some grocery shopping, main items we got were:
    Clementines $2.99
    Nachos $1.88
    Salsa $1.99
    Broccoli $0.97
    Berries (Blackberries, Blueberries & Strawberries) $1.88
    Cream of Mushroom Soup 2/$1
    Almond Milk $2.99

We did not buy a lot as we did not need a lot. One of my main focus is getting back to better eating and packing better food. Take out really is not option at work, very limited options but some how last year I fell into packing whatever I could grab and it wasn't proper meals. Good news no take out but I was not eating properly so I have to get back on track.

I was planning on doing some work until Noon but our IT person is in and I cannot connect to the VPN so going to re schedule my day. I stayed up until 1 am yesterday trying to get as much done as I could so this work stuff would be done but it got the point I was so tired I was afraid I would make a mistake so called it a night.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Happy New year to all. Will figure out my goals in the next couple days. BF blew me away last night by proposing. I was speechless and my sister had to tell me to answer lol.
    I see that I absentmindedly neglected to offer my congratulations. So, let me correct this oversight albeit somewhat belatedly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Back at work for me today and I'm happy to be back!

No $ spent for me today. Brought my breakfast, lunch (leftovers from last night- rice, chicken and green beans) Fresh strawberries for snack.
    DS has an in town hockey game tonight. I will go to the gym before the game since he has to be there early to warm up so it works out great for us today.
    I have chicken in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. Will prep my food for tomorrow once I get home from game tonight. Planning is key!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's milder today (high of -9C feeling like -11C) that I left my scarf at home and the Windchill is milder too. Great time to thunk out ice from eaves/downspouts, remove any icicles on siding or roof edges and brush snow mounds from bushes, endcaps on outdoor stairways and bins.
    Last night, I learned the Youtube app on the Blu-Ray player is what connects to the Internet to access videos (how did I not discover this when my computer was history three months ago?). Great! Downside-using the remote direction buttons to pick letters or switch to numbers like one does using the Canadian Tire in-store computer to find a product (pick letters one-finger style and enter). While I did remember the channel name that likely had the video I wanted, I used search words that did not show the one video on that channel's results that showed up. Super miffed. This morning, my breakthrough was to type the broadcaster call letters then the event name-eureka, I found the NYE show and watched about 40min of it.

Mom did not like my take on crispy oven fries using sweet potatoes yesterday so the leftovers were part of my dinner. Think my issue both times in making the fries is when I put the fries into the boiling water, it takes about 10min before water comes back to active boil-so either I have to use a larger pot or do batches for parboiling. Not very efficient and adds time to the entire endeavour. So the baked fries seem kind of mushy-they are supposed to be creamy on insides and crispy on outsides.
    Newfiescreech and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information