User Tag List

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sold 2 large stuffed animals for $10, first sale of 2018.

I called to ask my grandma for her bread and buns recipe, but she was out to a meeting. I took the opportunity to chat with Grandpa and I’ll get the recipe from Grandma later. Our son requested banana bread, so I pulled bananas from the freezer to bake 2 loaves later.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka I steamed Brussels sprouts and then stored them with some cheese whiz while they were still hot.
    Lunch was Brussels sprouts with melted cheese, mashed red potatoes from my garden, sliced garlic sausage, sliced apple, and milk.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Angela - Good work on making your meals at home and interesting.
    I have chicken in the crockpot for tonight with leftovers from last night (green beans and rice)

Tomorrow Night-We have a night out with our hockey team to go watch the Barrie Colts. So dinner out (gift card) and tickets were purchased last year .

Friday night DS is having a friend over for dinner so I will try and make dinner fun for them. Thinking maybe tacos and nachos?( I have everything on hand) Will ask DS what he would like.
    I have 3 packages of romaine lettuce hearts to use up this weekend so salad will be on the menu for sure. Thinking taco salad Saturday night

Soon I will be going thru DS's summer clothing. I think he is good for this year (maybe will just pick up 2 swimsuits next size up) I have a nice lot of his too small shorts to sell soon. Oldest has so much clothing. He is good for the next while.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama - no, don't eat the romaine!! There isn't a recall yet, but over 40 people in Canada have gotten sick, one death reported. I'm on my tablet so can't leave a link, but Google news reports.
    Sobeys Nationwide is not selling romaine anymore, even though the outbreak is out east, so far, and in the US.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok thanks!!!! I will have to look into this thank you

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was in Sobey's the other day and they have letters all over the produce department explaining they are not selling any form of Romaine and saying for safety reasons they recommend no romaine be consumed. They have very little in their salad sections as they are not making salads they normally make with Romaine and have pulled out salad kits that contain Romaine.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Natalka! Thank you for the heads up. I had heard nothing about the problem with Romaine, and I will avoid it when I go shopping tonight. Good, good tip.

I made a spaghetti tonight with spaghetti squash as the "pasta." Grilled ham, some sliced sausage, lots of onion and garlic, chopped tomato, and a sauce of butter, OO, and parmesan. Served with a NON-romaine salad. It was light, which we need after Christmas, and it was a hit.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Health Canada site information. Always the best site: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-lettuce.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Happy New year to all. Will figure out my goals in the next couple days. BF blew me away last night by proposing. I was speechless and my sister had to tell me to answer lol.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Name:  BBA6A8A6-6A69-4E9B-9DF8-E2534047CBE0.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  67.0 KB

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Lots done today. Beds stripped and remade with clean sheets, washer and dryer going now, floors swept and mopped, cupboard reorganization done and bathroom cleaned. Also found space in my closet for 19 bags of Iams I will be getting soon once my coupon trade arrives in the mail.

I also packed up a donation bag of food for our local cat rescue. Hoping everyone had a super day and enjoys the rest of the night.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks for the info everyone. Tossed all the romaine lettuce. Not worth the risk.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. Tossed all the romaine lettuce. Not worth the risk.
    Good plan, it is sad when eating healthy may kill you.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get much done today, well I was waiting for the system to come back up I went to take a shower and fell in the shower. I came down on my right side and tweaked my back. I am really sore and standing hurts but I do not think I have seriously hurt anything. So I have propped myself up with many pillows and have been doing various work tasks all day so I can stay seated.

Kind of afraid of what tomorrow will bring, I have a feeling I will be extremely sore tomorrow. We will have to wait and see, I have finished what I had to get done over shut down expect for sending it out but I do have other stuff I can work on if I am stuck on the couch again tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great night
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Get well, Sassy!!

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information