User Tag List

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! I was so tired last night. Went to bed very early for a change and was able to sleep in a bit today which was nice.

Tonight I need to get rolling on laundry and kitchen. Changed my dinner plan. Now it will be chicken quesidias. Chicken was cooked and in the freezer so it is defrosting today. Will be quick to whip dinner up. Will make extra for lunches tomorrow (I bought 2 x wonder wraps at $1.50 each- good deal) Will fry eggs tonight for breakfast sandwiches and boil a few for my afternoon snack. I also want to make my mini spinach and bacon quiche tonight.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not much planned for today other than general tidy up. Just need to push the button on the washing machine tonight after seven as it is loaded and all ready to go. DH has gone to pick us up subs for lunch, get gas using AM's and pick up the mail. Having spaghetti for supper tonight with salad.

Have a super day everyone!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sensitive topics posted below.

While I was gone for my medical appointments on Friday, a guy who lives less than 2 block away from us chose to commit suicide in his home. He left behind his elementary aged daughter and wife. We live in a small city and I had spoken with them different times over the years. It has rattled me some, which I have been sure to talk with Dh about. While I was in high school one of my close friend’s mom committed suicide. I attended the funeral and looked out for her.

I had a rough start to my morning with a misbehaving Daycare child. I am already trying to figure out what to do differently when bad behaviour continues.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 9th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh angela so sorry to hear that news -a dear friend of my son's his dad committed suicide when he was a little guy of 6 or 7 now he is a 33 year old man but still sad all around
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thrifting I went today -I spent 36.39 in talize and I got 2 pairs of jeans 5.60 was one pair (cleo) 7.00 was the( levis ) and nice top ,one puzzle ,2 rings and a 2 pkg of baby bibs for cara of course I donated 2 large garbage bags to get the 30% off coupon

then popped over to once upon a child got 11.70 for my daughter-in-law and 5.70 for my daughter oh and all the yellow ticketed items were a 1.00 not much left but did find a calvin klein sweater for Ashlyn for 1.00 size 5 so if it doesn't fit her now it will next fall
    -my goal today is to get my xmas tree down

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    oh angela so sorry to hear that news -a dear friend of my son's his dad committed suicide when he was a little guy of 6 or 7 now he is a 33 year old man but still sad all around
    Thanks, it’s not easy. I don’t know if the little girl attends our son’s school or the larger school further down the street.

I have two pick ups scheduled for a total of $12.

Today for lunch the kids had fresh blueberries, black berries, and strawberries. They each had a nutrigrain bar, sliced marble cheese, and a cup of milk. I wasn’t in the mood for fresh berries, so I had leftover fried rice and milk.

I think I might make lasagne this week, since I froze the fresh cheese curds that I made during the break.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 9th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have spent way too long trying to figure out how to start a new thread (I am registered on this forum). Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I was told that this weekend will be a bonus redemption weekend. No "points back" like last time, just a straight bonus redemption. Hope that's helpful!
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4sure5 View Post
    I have spent way too long trying to figure out how to start a new thread (I am registered on this forum). Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I was told that this weekend will be a bonus redemption weekend. No "points back" like last time, just a straight bonus redemption. Hope that's helpful!
    You may not have posted enough times to be allowed to start a new thread on SC.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

tree half down -lol
    -supper tonight pasta /rolls

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4sure5 View Post
    In any forum, not in an individual thread, look near the top left for a green button "+ post new thread"

There's a thread https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424713...-event-canada/ in the SDM forum that I assume is about the promo you're referring to, although I don't remember anyone saying there will be no points back, so that's news.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -what sad news to hear about a family in your area. I know you will try to help the family in whatever way you can. Kidsgrief.ca has a chapter on how discuss death with children when the adult died by suicide.
    It must have been hard to be an adult with your daycare child when you probably would have appreciated some quiet time alone to just think about the other family and your own feelings. Hugs to you.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I didn’t know about kidsgrief.ca thank you for the resource.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Angela273 Sorry to hear about your news.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Why is it when you make the mistake of cleaning out one drawer it always leads to more?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Why is it when you make the mistake of cleaning out one drawer it always leads to more?
    Then you realize how cluttered things are or how few items you actually needed to keep. It also feels good to see the room or progress. We are currently working our way through different areas in our house. My desk needs it even more now that we threw out dh’s old desk on the weekend.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information