User Tag List

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to the library got my 4 books ,did 3 loads of laundry and am making a roast beef supper for my son/family ,then my daughter called me at 8.00 a.m this morning and wants to come with Sebastian ,she even picked up some butter tarts for dessert ,she was sick on Thursday with the 24 hr flu -so now she is fine ,should be a fun night with all my family

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshley - the kirkland brand of robax is amazing. ! its my go to .

took mom to costco . put her stuff away. home. sinus meds... and napped.
    off to work more on my daycare craft mess. it is going well. so I am happy.

will chill the bottle of red that had been a gift. and steaks are out. I am a happy, happy person.
    I stayed under budget at costco planned 2 solid weeks of meals. all in all in good shape.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Apparently Ontario Redplum Insert have a fpc for Iams cat dry food this week!!!!Will try to find some.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The roads were great today. She had no trouble doing my IV for the contrast MRI dye. I’ve had many CTs over the years, but this was my first MRI. My doctors should have the test results by Wednesday.

I managed to get back back in time to take our son to the later part of the grand opening of our new Fire Station in town. I think it was the 4th time that Ds has climbed into a fire truck in town. He had fun and my brother was able to join us there. They had way more food than they needed for the event, so we had a plate while we were there. Buns, cheese, sandwich meat, crackers, pickles, dainties, iced tea, and coffee. I didn’t get the chance to check out all of the memorabilia and pictures. Signed their book and our son signed his own full name.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, glad your test went well. I had my first MRI at RUH a few months ago - and it was just the most horrid experience! The people were very nice, encouraging and comforting, but I did not make it to the end. I started panicking, couldn't breathe and I just remember saying over and over Get me out! And squished the panic bulb thingee so they slid me out.

They gently sat me up, I was shaking and crying, they got me water and calmed me down. I told them I didn't want to go back in to finish, but they checked and said they had enough pics, both by quantity and quality, so it was okay. It was close to the end anyway, they had already injected the dye. Mine was for my heart.

Of course it didn't help that I was so squished in there, my arms/shoulders were so sore after. Gosh, never again!

Mind you, I had the option of having Ativan before, and I had said no because I thought I would be fine - since they ask over and over if you are claustrophobic, and I didn't think I was. Later to find out, everyone says always take the drugs, lol!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Guess I should get rolling. Did a few loads of laundry yesterday. Just have to finish putting it away. Today is cooking day. And visiting my friend with the twins. Yesterday was very productive day. The spare room is complete. We have set it up as a media room for the youngest. Now all his gaming stuff will be in there and keep the rest of the house junk free! It's so nice and organized. I better get up and take some meat out for dinner and then figure out what else I can prep for the week. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. I am tossing up the idea of having a lay around and be non productive day. I m making homemade chinese food later.
    I may just do a few loads of laundry, and I want to organise the pantry.... it needs serious love.
    I may just need some tea to find my energy and motivation.

I do want to do a bit of Daycare planning for the next bit... just to have a few ideas to grab and do . I always feel better when I do that. and we are in a weird time of year.. planning wise.

plan is a no spend day... unless I go to the dollar store and get a few more small containers for sorting of dc craft area. I am kind avoiding that.....lol
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Natalka I had an MRI last year and also so no to the Ativan. I am not claustrophobic so I thought I would be fine. Thank g I am trained as a therapist because I spent the whole time doing mindfulness and positive self talk. I now get the MIR yearly. (High risk breast cancer screening) and you can be sure I will think twice about saying no to the drugs. I will need DH to drive me though.
    I have a few groceries to get as DH has great PC plus offers, so I will take advantage of them. Sadly all the good deals are at No Frills and our NF is closing in two weeks so I am not sure if they will even have stock. If I pm @ RCSS it's a limit of 4
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka No, my scan wasn’t great. I hurt all over by the end of the 1hr scan. After being in the machine, I can certainly understand why the always ask if you are clausterphobic. It is very small inside the machine and my head was tightly strapped into place. I basically did the entire scan with my eyes closed and kept giving myself different things to think about or visualize. By half way through the scan I told them that my body was falling to sleep and it hurt. I was reminded to stay very still or else they would have to re-start the scan. It hurt a lot when I finally had to move my arm to give them access to the IV port. My right arm kept sticking to the machind when it slid me back and forth, they finally wrapped my arms in pillow cases when they slid me out to injection the contrast dye and I complained about it sticking. It’s a good thing I did research in advance because the tech didn’t warn me about how the dye might make me feel before, during, or after the injection. A few tears ran down my face during the scan due to pain or emotional stress during the scan. I washed my eyes in the bathroom afterwards. There was a spot on the back of my head that hurt very badly by the end of the scan. When it was finally over and I was able to sit up I told them about it. They didn’t understand until we found a wrinkle in the foam lining of the head rest that my head was strapped into. The wrinkle made a pressure point on my head. It is certainly loud inside the machine.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

that sounds horrible! hugs
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-daughter & Sebastian left at 8.30 a.m as they were going out for breakfast with daddy and his parents.I had such a great time with my grandkids yesterday having them for supper roast beef was cooked a little too much ,but everything was great =played barbies with Ashlyn ,c
    hased Sebastian around the house as he was laughing all the way,oh and he says thank you now sooo cute and I held cara for a bit as so sweet when they are this young .I just did a load of laundry and ate the last buttertart -yummm my daughter bought ,gonna work on a new puzzle I started a dowdle puzzle of Toronto centre island.Have a great day.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It seems like it was MIR week for some of us myself included as I had one too last Monday when we were in London. One with dye and one without. It was my first time having one with dye and it does hurt having the stint put in. I am not claustrophobic which is good but I do close my eyes, think good thoughts and am glad for ear plugs.

DH's man cave got cleaned on Friday. Vacuumed, polished and washed the curtains and blankets too. Nice and clean and fresher smelling too for the basement.

My mom came to visit yesterday so we ordered pizza and had a super visit. It was a great day weather wise for her to drive up. She brought me some coupons and freebies too that I had ordered to her address. I sent her home with a very large bag of Whiska's wet food for her kitty that I picked up free thanks to trades. I think she was shocked a little that I had so many (approximately 100). It will last for awhile as kitty has no teeth and eats one a day. DH and I had left over pizza for a snack last night while watching The Conjuring 2.

DH will be smoking some jerky this afternoon to keep himself busy. I will be cooking hamburgers for supper tonight which we will have with salad. Other than that not much planned for today. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day.
    Last edited by macw1960; Sun, Jan 21st, 2018 at 11:43 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had an MRI years ago for a should injury, I was lucky no dye and was only about 20 to 30 minutes. At the time the big issue was getting an appointment I think it took almost 4 months and I was on waiting lists at 3 different hospitals. I remember the noise was the worst, they gave me headphones and played music but the noise was still so loud.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday I got all of the chicken breast chopped up in pieces. Some will be frozen as is for meals needing plain chicken. I also have some in what is named "Grilled Chicken Marinade" and some in Teriyaki marinade. I will bag those up today and put in the freezer.

Laundry is going and once that is done Mom wants to wash her bedding. I think I will do mine next weekend. Mom is working next weekend and I prefer to tackle tasks like that when I have the house to myself. Plus I do not want to still be dealing with bed when I want to be going to bed.

I started to tackle the dinning room table earlier, well doing this I started looking in some cupboards and I think there is a lot of items we can move, now I just need to get Mom to see my point. I am not sure why items we rarely used are in the kitchen cupboards but items we use all the time do not have a home and usually end up on the dinning room table.

Tonight's dinner is Chicken Wings for Mom, BBQ chicken breast for me since I do not like Chicken Wings, we will have this with roasted potatoes and Candied Acorn Squash. The Squash needs to be eaten which is why we are having it tonight.

Since the weather is so nice today after lunch I am going to take stuff out to the dumpster and recycling area. We have a couple of boxes of paper that need to go out and normally on Monday/Tuesday we take out our garbage and recycling but with the nice weather I think I will do it today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Jan 21st, 2018 at 01:03 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I cleaned the pantry.... working on a menu plan... I suspect I have a month's worth of meals.
    I have a sizeable listof stuff to use up....
    next month's grocery budget will be low... and thats ok.. I have a few renos that I want to get cracking on....
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information