User Tag List

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I had no luck with the bachelor bingo :-(
    I actually won $12 on the first card (hadn't noticed a diagonal line) and the second card was a 0. $20K/diamond ring (show me the cash) would be worth chasing as the $50K prize seems hard to nab.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We used the self cleaning feature on our oven on the weekend. Remembered to properly wipe it out when I went to reheat the French fries and onion rings for supper. Dh and I cleaned the dryer inside, behind, disconnected the hose, etc. Moved the washer while we were at it and cleaned back there too. Dh will clean the outside dryer vent, etc. on the weekend. I tackled another couple sections of my computer desk earlier this evening. Two more grocery bags of stuff was tossed. I also moved some important things and pictures to my hope chest. Dh carefully washed the tv screen while I was gone on the weekend. Nice to get rid of most of the little finger marks, etc. I should wash the picture window again. It always makes such a big difference...it just doesn’t last.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 at 12:23 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read elsewhere that Gay Lea butter will be on sale at Food Basics next week for $2.88. Apparently if you subscribed to the Gay Lea newsletters you could also have a $1.00 off coupon on top of that. Do not forget you can price match at some stores also! Good deal!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Anyone who shops at Costco, I noticed last week when I when I shopping a number of their Dairy products are cheaper then in grocery stores. Butter is $2.58, Sour Cream is $1.78/each (Comes in a 2 pack but I price it out per unit), Cottage Cheese $2.50/each (again in a 2 pack).

If brand matters Butter is Natrel and Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese is Sealtest

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    I read elsewhere that Gay Lea butter will be on sale at Food Basics next week for $2.88. Apparently if you subscribed to the Gay Lea newsletters you could also have a $1.00 off coupon on top of that. Do not forget you can price match at some stores also! Good deal!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

My back deck is clear of all the snow after all the rain we had yesterday although according to the weather report it won't last long as we are getting snow today with a temperature of -1. Good bye to the patches of green grass too. The neighbor's duck pond (as I call it) in his backyard is quite large thanks to all the rain and mild temperatures we had yesterday. So glad our property is up higher than his.

Planning on making cold calls for coupons this afternoon after DH heads off to work. My coupon supply is quite low for both trading and using. Hopefully I can hit up some coupon boards on Friday when we are in London.

Posted our bird cage for sale as we decided not to get another one but I figure I will most likely end up donating it to the SA. My local cat shelter will be getting a donation today from me of both dry and wet food along with some treats too. Other than that I am just going to putter around today.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshley - costco is my go to place for dairy products. really is the cheapest.

morning all.
    the rain has stopped ... but dont worrry... it will be back soon. lol
    I am heading shortly to pick up a new to me double stroller... my current one is looking a bit ratty. and this is the same model just way newer. and its 30.00 ... unheard of around here . but its from a friend of min who is closing down. I may try and sell my old one...
    other then that... I am cutting hubbys hair tonight.. he needs it ... clippers rule.
    steam clean the hallway...

I am hoping for a good day. I should be done a bit early... the hour extra will make a major difference in my housework... crank the music .. and get stuff done.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon everyone -popped over to pluto to see if I could get anything for my clothing and a bit of jewellry-nope as its "gently loved " and a few out of date but I still managed to look at their perfume as its brought in and sold if only a bit is used ,so got a body shop strawberry set reg 25.00 in stores for 12.50 (will break up and use in my baskets I make up and I got hubby a bottle of escape by calvein klein 5.00,then popped over to value village to donate a bag and -yes I missed the 50% off from yesterday but it was too foggy to go out and I was just tired but today managed to get 2 puzzles 1.99 each ,then popped over to style encore and they had 50% off their yellow ticket clothing so managed to get a jones of new York cotton 3/4 length pink patterned top for me $6.00 for spring and summer (I love all cotton so nice and cool) so was happy with my adventures today
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl ... "Afternoon ladies " ...
    barbis9, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Hello, everyone. Back from maternity leave and also a maternity leave from SC! Two little ones can be very hectic, or at least one little one and a kindergardener in the tantrum phase. Oi! I've been slowly reading through the posts while on lunch and trying to pump milk for the baby at daycare. Daddy drops her off so I don't even get to say a proper goodbye in the mornings

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Sweetsparrow -the current Fortinos flyer has T&T seaweed snacks on sale for $1.28. RCSS and Loblaws may have the same offer. I bought two packs on Thursday night.
    @Ciel: I didn't know you worked in a lab. How interesting!

Thank you for remembering me and the seaweed. Now after two kidlets, I've been prone to eating kilogram bags of chocolate chips after midnight. And PC Plus has been bad for giving me points on each purchase. I know, my diet has to change or something irreversible will happen. I'm beginning to fit into the pants I wore post-pregnancy so it's giving me a false sense of security.

@Natalka: I'm getting the sense that you've been through something major health-wise. I haven't had the chance to read about it but I'm glad you're back on the forum again!

I'm glad to "see" everyone again, really.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@sweet sparrow

Glad all is going well. LOL on the chocolate, but you do need extra calories!

Yep, my life has changed considerably. There's a thread about it in the Tea Room - you don't have to read it all, but if you read my posts on it, most is explained there.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

okay I changed it to" afternoon everyone " sorry forgot who was on this thread
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Sweet Sparrow it’s good to see you back.

I have openings in my home Daycare again. My two before school kids no longer need my services, it was somewhat mutual. They were the lowest fees so it doesn’t have that big of an impact on my income.

I had had no Daycare kids today, so we spent the morning at the local Family Centre. Too bad it’s a Kindergarten day, our son would have liked to join us. He has gymnastics tonight. I need to figure out tonight’s supper. I have tomorrow’s supper planned.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed fresh stuff to keep our lunches etc healthy and enjoyable so decided to go to RCSS and see if I could find deals to spend $25 on produce and get the 7,500 PC PTS. I did!

Spent $26.86 and got:

coconut
    bananas
    2 x strawberries
    large blueberries
    2 x English cucs
    green onions
    carrots
    large bag of almonds

The coconuts were on for .25 each and I priced matched the cucumbers, strawberries and carrots.

Lots of stuff I can make DS will have a great lunch the next few days (both my kids love fruit and I have to hide it/portion it out)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2018 at 04:10 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hello, @Sweets parrow ! You are multitasking during lunches at work? Once the weather improves, you will be enjoying the sunshine ASAP so you have some rare me-time with lunch. As for working in a lab-not me. I did not nab any Bingo big cash prizes from my weekend's scratch lottery tickets!

Last night's 3h or more rains-yeesh, I was thinking of anyone who had to travel or walk in the downpours. Mother Nature really owned the night. I had to lie down. 30min prior to the first downpour, I was feeling off. Had tea, toast, apricot preserves and a handful of Quality Street candies. My core was acting sore around the muscles still a little sore from tripping a week ago Monday while taking the can to the curb. I noticed the rain stopped around 11pm then round two began just before midnight. I felt waves of pain roll across my forehead and I retain a swirling headache even now-here's hoping that today's snowshowers will put a stop to the headache. Various vascular bits have been acting up as well.

But-the morning was sunny and fog-free-can walk time. Found 40cents in containers plus 2 McCafe stickers and someone's bank card (first one of 2018). Then found a full McCafe card on the way to the library. Yes, I'm ready for hot chocolate TODAY. A Canadian Tire shopping cart in a ditch for three weeks was restored to its cart carrel because you know, more snow is on the way...

It was amusing to read on Twitter that Hawaii's governor did not have his Twitter password to tweet himself that last week's false missile alert was just that. Thus the 39min delay in sharing the news through his communications team that manages his social media accounts. Now he has the Twitter app and password so he can respond in real time should another emergency occur.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Loving the upcoming sale flyers for fruit! apples and oranges are .68cents lb at FB. .97 blackberries at No Frills.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information