• 1 Post By anisa
  • 2 Post By Colsgirl
  • 1 Post By anisa

Thread: Door Bell with Video

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hi,

I'm looking for a good deal on a door bell with video. Preferable HD and night vision of possible ... thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    barbis9, juliemadden and MarSer88 like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a good deal on a door bell with video. Preferable HD and night vision of possible ... thanks in advance!
    We have Ring, and actually had the older model on our last house.

You might see a minimal discount on them from time to time, but nothing huge.

I have seen the occasional deal on the older camera model combined with 2 companion cameras.

We have been pleased with Ring, I don't have experience with other makes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Colsgirl, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey,
    Looking for Video Door Bell !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I ended up getting this one, it's $149 at BestBuy ... $50 off until 1st Feb. One of my colleagues has it and she showed me the video and it is very clear.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ring-ring-wifi-720p-video-doorbell-satin-nickel-88rg000fc200/10389743.aspx?
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We had that model on our old house, and we have the newest the model on our current house.

Funny story, we were away this summer. while we were away someone came to our front door and was about to ring our doorbell, was surprised to see Ring, and he took off immediately.
    It looked very much like someone checking houses to see if people are home. He obviously knew what Ring was and took off before even trying to ring the doorbell. the reason we have a video of this is because Ring activates with motion and we have a clear clip of him approaching, and taking off, complete with the surprised expression on his face.

we were out of town, but i contacted local police and sent them the video, in case this guy is checking out other houses in the area. we live in a quiet, low crime area, so this caught us by surprise. I let my neighbor know what had happened and now she has a Ring doorbell as well.
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Funny story, we were away this summer. while we were away someone came to our front door and was about to ring our doorbell, was surprised to see Ring, and he took off immediately.
    That would be a great promotion for Ring. Have you thought about selling them the clip?
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    That would be a great promotion for Ring. Have you thought about selling them the clip?
    There are lots of vids on YouTube of people being caught on ring cameras.
    it is pretty entertaining

barbis9 likes this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    We had that model on our old house, and we have the newest the model on our current house.

It looked very much like someone checking houses to see if people are home. He obviously knew what Ring was and took off before even trying to ring the doorbell. the reason we have a video of this is because Ring activates with motion and we have a clear clip of him approaching, and taking off, complete with the surprised expression on his face.

we were out of town, but i contacted local police and sent them the video, in case this guy is checking out other houses in the area. we live in a quiet, low crime area, so this caught us by surprise. I let my neighbor know what had happened and now she has a Ring doorbell as well.
    That is exactly why we bought it, it happened to someone I work with. They had a parcel delivered by Amazon, about 2 mins later a guy walked up their drive looked at the parcel and looked around to see that no one was watching. He was about to take it and then he spotted the doorbell and ran away.
    anisa and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It is funny how many bad people know exactly what Ring is.

Everytime we had those shady sales people come to our door, they would see the doorbell and skulk away lol.

Even caught our realtor trying to play us by making deals with another realtor. we fired his azz straight after

barbis9 likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well that's great to hear such funny story really enjoyed watching these type of situation that the guy checking out houses in the area.
    Last edited by jamespeterson; Wed, Feb 21st, 2018 at 05:28 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i just ordered this webcam.... https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-W...ords=wyzecam+2

its cheap but it has good image. gonna mount looking out on front door/porch.
    u can also watch live streaming from your smart phone..& it will record to an SD card..or in clips to a cloud service.
    still figuring it out. ♥

Thread Information