Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 4 Post By Lynn49
  • 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: QOTD: Your best deal from Sears?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Name:  220px-Simpsons_Sears.png
Views: 221
Size:  37.3 KB
    Question of the day: what is your best memory or best deal from Sears Canada?

Sears closed it's last Canadian store yesterday. Some people got some great store closing stores. Some swear by the Kenmore appliance brand.
    What will you miss about Sears?

To start, we bought a sofa bed from them. The best memory was about how professional the sales person was. We got it delivered on a Saturday at no extra charge and the sales person told us we just missed a 20% off sale, but that they will honor the sale and give us the discount
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears, Target
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Jan 15th, 2018 at 07:30 AM.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL...this thread may stay nekked for a while, @Shwa Girl .

However, I'll bite: my favourite memory was working there before the store opened here, very casual, having tons of fun, food brought in for us, then lunches with staff at the Sears restaurant. My favourite memories revolved around my fellow staffers...that would have started in 1974.. After we had our two tots, I was stlll called back during the Christmas season and busy times, then full time, locked in the cash office balancing the daily tally and preparing the money for Brinks' pick-up. That 25% off, on even sale merchandise, staff discount kept us all well-clothed and our home well-stocked with appliances and furniture. Over the years I rarely shopped there at all.
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    LOL...this thread may stay nekked for a while, @Shwa Girl.

However, I'll bite: my favourite memory was working there before the store opened here, very casual, having tons of fun, food brought in for us, then lunches with staff at the Sears restaurant. My favourite memories revolved around my fellow staffers...that would have started in 1974.. After we had our two tots, I was stlll called back during the Christmas season and busy times, then full time, locked in the cash office balancing the daily tally and preparing the money for Brinks' pick-up. That 25% off, on even sale merchandise, staff discount kept us all well-clothed and our home well-stocked with appliances and furniture. Over the years I rarely shopped there at all.
    Thanks Lynn49.
    Nice discount: 25%
    US friends tell me that their Super KMart closed a couple of months ago. Kmart is part of Sears.
    Lynn49, Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, @Shwa Girl , I can hardly remember K-Mart here...or Woolco...or, dang there was another store downtown that closed up many years ago and I can't even remember the name. Maybe it'll pop into my mind later. I do still miss Target here, it was so neat and clean. I wonder if anything will take up the spaces left empty by all the Sears closures, It certainly has left a giant hole in our mall.
    Have a great day, Hon!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I miss the Sears cafeteria from the former Centre Mall store and Lime Ridge store. I liked the solid furniture and plates and cutlery and dim lighting. Did not feel rushed. As a kid, I liked to see the milkshake machine in action (did not order any milkshakes) because of the whirring sounds at Centre Mall.

Now I have one store (the Bay) that stocks some of the things Sears sold and if the stock colours or sizes are off, I'd have to go to Burlington Mapleview to check stock there. Fortunately, I am trying to notice which smaller local stores sell socks and other attire I can wear so I don't have to rely on the big retailers only.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I do miss the gift boxes that used to be offered for dress clothing and the big Sears bags with the plastic handles that snapped closed. Think they were those 25cent bags at the machines by entrances.
    Shwa Girl and Durham Couponer like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I miss the Sears cafeteria from the former Centre Mall store and Lime Ridge store. I liked the solid furniture and plates and cutlery and dim lighting. Did not feel rushed. As a kid, I liked to see the milkshake machine in action (did not order any milkshakes) because of the whirring sounds at Centre Mall.

Now I have one store (the Bay) that stocks some of the things Sears sold and if the stock colours or sizes are off, I'd have to go to Burlington Mapleview to check stock there. Fortunately, I am trying to notice which smaller local stores sell socks and other attire I can wear so I don't have to rely on the big retailers only.
    as a kid, we were not allowed hot dogs
    except in the Sears cafeteria
    hot dog and orange drink
    nice memories
    nicolthepickle likes this.

Thread Information