User Tag List

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    The gas bill for last month was the highest I've seen it in a long time. I don't know if it's DD1 and having to keep the door open a little longer since she won't come in out of the snow or the fact that it's been chilly lately. Luckily the PC Optimum program will really help with food bills this year and the points will probably completely be gone by this summer. Nice to see 1,000,000 in points online, but they won't help if they just sit there!

Went to WM and picked up a few shirts for DD1 to pass on to DD2. Two long sleeved shirts for $1, and a Superhero girls t-shirt for $1 and a matching one for me. Well, we'll see if I still fit into kids' sizes. I may look a bit of a squashed sausage in it, in which case it's going back. She had a Supergirl shirt to match DH, but I've been missing one. $1 was a price I couldn't pass up.

I hope everyone with colds is feeling better soon. I just got over my month long cold/flu/whatever it was and DD1 and DD2 are coughing terribly at night again. Ugh. Colds, round three!

The snow was a very light powder snow here, so shoveling wasn't too bad. I managed to finish before my neighbour with his snowblower, but he blew the snow from his driveway right back onto ours. It covered my tracks and left a light dusting as if I hadn't shoveled at all. Argh! Well, there was no more heavy snowfall so it was manageable. Less than 19 minutes to shovel our postage stamp property, including the walkway, sidewalk, and getting suited up and undressed for this winter chill!
    @SassyAshley: Hope you're feeling better soon.
    My gas and hydro bill was higher too which I blame on the cold minus 15 weather. I suspect rates have gone up, they usually do in January. I am debating contacting my utility company as I don't use a lot of water, yet there is no financial incentive to conserve as the billing rate is the same whether you use a lot or little.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent time this evening thoroughly cleaning our home. I washed the front of the kitchen cabinets and even scrubbed the baby latches. Washed some walls, door knobs, door frames, light switches, etc. The kitchen floor is squeaky clean again. I vacuumed the living room yesterday, but I might still give it a quick once over in the morning. We re-arranged our kitchen table, chairs, and high chairs. We’ll see if this works better for our family and my home daycare. I’ve revised my Daycare contract as will be meeting with a new potential Daycare family before lunch tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SS-enjoy spending all those pts-that is a lot of free groceries coming your way!! It is snowing like the dickens here-at least 25 cm if not more. Staying inside today.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow sweetsparrow -an awesome amount of points for groceries enjoy the savings -I have enough saved for $310.00 worth of groceries or sometimes at shoppers ,I redeemed 20.00 today on food at no frills
    A lot of points means a LOT of diapers and wipes these past few years, not to mention buying three different kinds of milk depending on the baby stage. I cringe at how many diapers and wipes a daycare goes through. I calculated how many wipes they use on our baby per diaper change (since they document her diaper changes) and it worked out to an average of seven. SEVEN!! Who uses seven wipes per diaper change? I'm imagining my baby using two or three wipes and the care workers skipping and pulling out ribbons of wipes for the other babies to play with. I have no idea how they go through the number of wipes they do as they only have them in the change area.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

that is a insane amount of wipes per change. insane. I am shaking my head . yes sometimes you need that many.... but on average ... nope.......

Happy saturday.
    it is snowy ad cold here .. very cold. more snow coming. I am running out to local stores, ad getting what I need for the week. it will not be much.
    plan is App's for supper, and family game night. I am looking forward to it. Later hubby and I will prob watch a movie

I am prob going to work for a solid hour or 2 on the daycare basement organization. I am close .. prob 1 - 3 more times and it will be all done. I am having less and less in the dc rooms, and it is making a huge difference in keeping it clean.

thats my day. I will be back later with gr store report. I have a few co 51 / caddle / coupon deals I will be using
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree on the wipes-I changed a little 12 month old yesterday who was dirty and I only needed 3!! Quiet day here-tomorrow is mine and DH's anniversary so we will either go out or get something special to cook at home. I know there is a lot of steak and lobster in the stores right now for V day but I am not a big lobster fan-give me turf and turf over surf and turf anyday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The new Daycare mom and her young daughter just left. I have a signed full-time contract with deposit. She will be starting in March and other young child is done in my care the end of February. It has worked out very well. The pay is the same, but I will have this child for fewer hours in a work day.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

lizzie Bargain - happy anniversary!!!

Angela273 - that is fantastic !!! I am so happy for you , congrats!!!

ok , shopping done...
    used 30.27 in coupons, and 30.00 in airmiles
    got over 27.00 in pc $. that is building nicely.
    3.50 in co.51 / caddle
    also cashed in for another 5.00 amazon$ today on KR

so far so good.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Feb 10th, 2018 at 01:15 PM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Anniversary Lizzie

Angela congrats

Sweet Sparrow - WOW 7 wipes, I changed the baby at our Christmas Lunch and it was a bit messy and only took me 2 wipes.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Trying to get some stuff done around the house but it is a bit of a slow go with my back. It is getting better and I hope to return to working in the office on Monday. I know have 3 meetings on Monday and they just added 4 more topics for 1 meeting last night so I am going to have to prepare for that. Really makes you see how many projects you are doing when you have to update on all of them and now have over 7 topics for the meeting.

I am trying to get laundry done which is a challenge and it making me sore. I managed to get everything down to the basement as I can carry the baskets I just cannot lift them. I got them on the bed to sort and then carried down and have put them on top of washer and dryer so I do not have to bend. We have a front load washer which is not making this any easier. We have a stool on wheels in the basement which I was able to move to into the laundry room so I have been sitting on this so I do not have to bend.

I have also been slowly prepping dinner. I put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning, new recipe we will see what we think. I am going to make roasted carrots which I peeled and cut up. I am hoping to make mashed potatoes only concern I have is standing to peel the potatoes. I am trying to use items I can slowly work on prepping so if I need to sit down I can.

I also did some dishes, I did some last night as there were only a few and figured better to keep on top of them then let them pile up. I did have to take a few breaks but was able to get them all done. The more challenging part is putting them away, all of our dishes seem to live in lower cupboards and I have to bend to put them away.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our son shopping with me to Dollarama and Walmart. I was particularly happy with some of the deals at Walmart. They had regular seedless purple grapes on sale for 45c/lb. they looked great, so we picked up 2 bags. They finally had Driscoll’s raspberries so I bought 6 packages for $1.44 - 75c coupons on each. I also pm’d Royale TP from Sobeys $3.98 - $1 coup. PM’d CO-OP Dawn dish soap $1.98 - 50c coup - 50c CO51. The teller was a regular one that sees me shop, but this time she asked where I get my coupons and I gave her a few examples of where I got the coupons that I used today.
    I used a total of $9 in coupons and $3.25 in rebates from CO51/Caddle.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 10th, 2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=SassyAshley;686714

I am trying to get laundry done which is a challenge and it making me sore. I managed to get everything down to the basement as I can carry the baskets I just cannot lift them. I got them on the bed to sort and then carried down and have put them on top of washer and dryer so I do not have to bend. We have a front load washer which is not making this any easier. We have a stool on wheels in the basement which I was able to move to into the laundry room so I have been sitting on this so I do not have to bend.

Have a great day everyone.[/QUOTE]

I use mesh laundry bags that I bought at Giant Tiger for $3 each, they are lightweight and easier to carry up and down stairs as they have handles. Have a few throughout the house (different colours) which makes laundry easier, and can be folded flat when not in use. Since I bought these I no longer use a laundry basket. Would this help you?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Barbis thank you for the suggestion. Right now my biggest issue is bending so not sure anything can help.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -happy anniversary
    as per baby wipes -the most I ever used on a messy poop was 3 wipes
    -well went to Toronto this morning got there at 9.00,sebastian was happy to see his nana and papa,i gave him a valentine gift a kinder egg and peppa t-shirt (I paid 4.20 at indigo a few days after xmas)plus a denium jacket -spent a little more on them this year ,we left at 4.00 when daughter got home took us a half hour longer on the roads as it was a tiny bit bad driving home

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I agree on the wipes-I changed a little 12 month old yesterday who was dirty and I only needed 3!! Quiet day here-tomorrow is mine and DH's anniversary so we will either go out or get something special to cook at home. I know there is a lot of steak and lobster in the stores right now for V day but I am not a big lobster fan-give me turf and turf over surf and turf anyday.
    [ATTACH]338957[/ATTACH

Lizzie ... hope you and your husband had wonderful day celebrating your anniversary !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Trying to get some stuff done around the house but it is a bit of a slow go with my back. It is getting better and I hope to return to working in the office on Monday. I know have 3 meetings on Monday and they just added 4 more topics for 1 meeting last night so I am going to have to prepare for that. Really makes you see how many projects you are doing when you have to update on all of them and now have over 7 topics for the meeting.

I have also been slowly prepping dinner. I put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning, new recipe we will see what we think. I am going to make roasted carrots which I peeled and cut up. I am hoping to make mashed potatoes only concern I have is standing to peel the potatoes. I am trying to use items I can slowly work on prepping so if I need to sit down I can.

I also did some dishes, I did some last night as there were only a few and figured better to keep on top of them then let them pile up. I did have to take a few breaks but was able to get them all done. The more challenging part is putting them away, all of our dishes seem to live in lower cupboards and I have to bend to put them away.

Have a great day everyone.
    Name:  344AA84C-8F63-403B-9670-DDB0A1231466.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  257.2 KB

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information