User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.

the airmiles shop the block event credited for me. i am very pleased person.
    did a good shop at rcss. used a lot of coupons.. they had to get a supervisor to come over as I went over 10.00 in coupons....lol.
    used up my ct money I have found.. 1.10 ..
    came home. cleaned the fridge. and resting up now.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I am always in awe of your Sobeys shops and AM Earned. I am very happy my shop the block AM worked and I got 2000 AM. Last month I did the Metro off of 50 AM wus 95 so I have a nice AM account balance.
    I am not impressed by my PC Optimum offers but I was impressed at how easily I was able to make the transition for both. DH and I. I do plan to take advantage of the Pepsi offer and see what vector is selling for as RCSS has an instore offer for Vector and that is the only cereal DH eats.
    Its a cold day here but I just went out for a walk and dropped 3 books off at our local little library and chatted with my 93 year old friend the whole time so it made the walked quite enjoyable.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Popping in to say hello. Been living life. Nothing special and trying to be less attached to the internet. Which brings me to, I am on my third weekend of rest. Stomach flu two weekends ago and influenza last weekend which after a week of work has of course put me out of commission this weekend too. I am tired of being sick and laying around, but feel crummy if I try to do anything.

I think I will look into the new Optimum program as a next step to conquer the monotony of illness.

"There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon Granger
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and I went over to son's today to see the girls (as my running to the washroom bug ended)so on the way home from son's we decided on swiss chalet ,which was a treat as we got a gift card for xmas from son/family

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thread's been lively since I last logged in on Thursday!
    Thursday afternoon, had the Shoppers cashier scan the old card and link it to new card-great. Noticed a potential points bonanza. If you get an item with the store coupon of $1 off or whatever, the new program seems to calculate points on the regular dollar value of an item before the coupon is taken into account. Otherwise I'd have earned just 30 pts vs the 45 pts I did get on my receipt. My small 10 old Optimum points converted to 13pt in the new program.

Since Longo's had Nordica smooth on sale and it was the last day, I put my two $1 off coupons (they expire at the end of Feb) to use to try the vanilla and lemon flavours. Decided to have one of the McD's coupon put to use for two sandwiches and a salad. On the way home, one foot slipped on ice but I balanced on the other foot while my arms went to weird angles whilst holding three bags of groceries. Decided I had to shop for new boots on Friday.

Thankfully Tootsie's 50% off warehouse sale (applies to boots, gloves, socks, slippers) was still on and I got something zippered (yay-not missing the old laces AT ALL) for $45 (fake fur on top is different) plus socks (2pr) and hot pink fuzzy slippers (having a fuzzy thing trend going with me of late). Not a frugal Feb but at least Ciel will keep her head intact on the ice.

BTW, the McDonald's coupons expire tomorrow, if any Ontario members want to make use of any offers.

A friend surprised me today with an offer of her old winter coat. It fits! I'll be adding my reflective tape to it next week and sporting it soon.

That fast cold from Monday night seems to be BACK as of last night. Either that or I developed a sore throat from eating blue corn chips yesterday. Winter wins this round! I will see if Food Basics might have any $1.95 pop 6-packs to help me through the weekend.

Still have to get around to updating my password list for various websites. It has to be done this weekend. Plan to use the MMFood Market coupon next week as it will expire on the 11th. Today is the grand opening weekend for the Ancaster location. Chili is the sample food.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -No Frills does carry PC free detergent (three of us at home have different issues with scent in cleaning product so this brand works for us. I've never solved the mystery of why Cheer-free detergent disappeared from stores). If you get the regular version, the big jug is good for 96 loads. But the He big jug only does 72 loads. Sometimes No Frills or RCSS carries the smallest jugs for under $5 or around $4.49. YMMV on what sizes your NF store carries.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow great prices and quality of fruit for this time of year 2 x pineapple $1.99 (D'S was just asking for some!) 2× strawberries $1.50 each. Grapes $1.27lb 4lb for clementines $3.99 4lbs (and really nice) bananas. 57lb less 30% off Good haul. Will restock Wednesday for sure. I needed lettuce for tacos and found a head for $1 at food basics. Already cut it up for the kids tacos.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh and my PC pts are on my MasterCard linked to my proper PCO account thank goodness!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I think you get 1.5 x the pts at Shoppers now which would explain the extra points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@lilo0003 Thank you. I spent $100 at Sobeys last night in order to take advantage of some Blue Friday sales in addition to the flyer coupon for a bonus 100AM wub $100, one day only. The nice thing about Sobeys pharmacy is that the 7x Air Miles is calculated for the full prescription amount, before medical coverages are applied.

We treated a friend and my brother to breakfast at Humpty’s this morning. I bought gift cards to Humpty’s in December when they had a promotion buy $50 and receive an extra $10 free. I also used my ECS card (local discount card) for Bogo pan scramblers.

Tonight’s supper plan is a mushroom and ham sauce with pasta and cooked mixed veggies. I plan on stripping and freeze the rest of the roast ham.

I tried a new oatmeal chocolate chip bars recipe. I used pancake mix in place of the flour, baking sofa, and some of the sugar. I also reduced some of the sugar in the recipe because it called for quite a bit and some of the comments on the recipe also agreed. They are cooling, so haven’t tasted them yet. Our son was quite proud of himself because U had him crack and beat the egg in a small bowl. He did an impressive job packing and properly measuring the brown sugar. At one point I asked him to select the 1/4 cup measuring cup and he was right. When I asked him how he knew, he told me because it had the 4 on it. It is so great to watch him learning so many things.

He is has learned the sound of 5 different letters at school. At home he is showing me the different sight words that he can read and others that he can write on his own. He likes to try to teach our twins and Daycare girl. He enjoys being challenged.

I had an interesting conversation with his principal on Friday. Back in October the principal had stepped into the classroom to see how things were going. He had spoken to another boy and our son earlier in the day hecause our son was being bullied. Anyway, while in the classroom that afternoon our son turned to the principal and told him “You are a good man.” The principal didn’t know what to say, but told me 4 months later how big of an impact that statement had on him. I later explained it to our son. He sincerely does and says positive things to people on a regular basis. It is quite sweet to watch some of the interactions in our home.

It makes us proud to watch all all of our children grow and change. I’m sure that any parent or grandparent can relate.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 3rd, 2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When I bought my tiny Christmas tree last year I received a $10 off coupon from Holland Park which I redeemed today for two white hyacinths (spell) plants, once they are done blooming I will save the bulbs - 6 all together and plant them in my garden for next year. I love the scent, it makes my whole house smell nice.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

GOod evening! I took a trip to Michael's today with a gift card I got for Christmas. I got myself an acrylic paint set, pad and brushes. I used to paint as a child and have just been feeling the pull to do something creative lately.
    I checked out Old Nave since I have supercash and a gift card but nothing really caught my eye, then we went to Canadian tire and got some dirt so I can repot a plant and maybe start some of my bigger plants soon. (like pumpkins)
    We did some grocery shopping too, a big one since I have been trying to use stuff up in the pantry and cupboards. Tomorrow I will be making pumpkin cake with leftover puree from the freezer.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was finally able to add my old Optimum card to my PC Optimum account while using the app. I now have $32 on the new card. I think I will be able to spend $100 to get 15,000 points, but just barely. The transaction will still include pm’ing some items, using coupons, and I will make sure that these are items we will use but sill not be going into the freezer. I’m preparing to clean the freezer again.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

today is housework day for me.
    And I need to clean all teh daycare toys.... joy. There is a bug I am trying to stop.

I will prob do a tiny bit of DC craft planning this afternoon as well. We are getting hit with a load of snow as well.

I am feeling the urge for some monkey bread... so will start that.... and clea as i go .

Hubby is watching superbowl tonight... I find something t o do .....lol. not a fan.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information