User Tag List

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went to maxi for the pc optimun card.No goods offers this week all pc items offers and dang me I already did the pepsi fpcs offer so no 6000 points for me....Cavendish dont send coupons .... @Angela273 Happy Birthday!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-went to the dentist today hubby and I -no cavities for me ,so nice to have coverage again as we didn't last time we went ,yesterday late afternoon was running to toilet again maybe the bug never left me ,it just subsided on sat .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a productive morning which included about 1/2 a dozen phone calls that had to wait until today.

I have a collection of damaged cardboard books and kids books. I spent some time this afternoon glueing and taping the ones that I thought I could salvage.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 5th, 2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I spent $80.26 on my grocery shop yesterday but used $21.36 in coupons and earned 87 AM's and a $0.04 off gas coupon also. Paid for with GC bought during AM promotion.

Garage door opener now installed and working great.

Cleaned the fridge out today of left overs and made a big pot of turkey soup. Turkey soup with fresh rolls for lunch tomorrow on what will probably be another cold winter day.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dropping in again to see how all my friends are doing.
    I have been following forward on tidying up things in boxes that I had just never found a "home" for in this new apartment. (I figure that I can call it "New" until I have been here a year and lived through all the seasons.)

I found a book in which I had organized Card exchanges with lots of members -some no longer around. It was fun to flip through and remember some folks who haven't been around for a while on the threads I watch .

I have been fighting off a lot of migraines lately. Milestones in the year since my DH passed, worry about finding my db a more appropriate accommodation where he can get more assistance. ( Thankfully we found a good match and he will be moving in April.)

Trying to get the US Social Security to actually send me the pension to which I am entitled.

My new little doggie -Tootie whom I inherited from a bad situation- had all her teeth removed 2 weeks ago and is getting used to eating without having a mouthful of rotten teeth. My db's cat stalks her and she is deaf so he delights at scaring her. I will be glad when he moves to his new hone with my Db.

We have been trying to use up all the various things in our freezer. Most of what is left is just ends of loaves of bread and misc. left over muffins.

I have been doing a bit of reading about wardrobe and how it is really more practical to just have several copies if the same outfit. Hmm... can't quite get my head around that.

I am so glad that I was able to get drapes up in our dining area (which has patio doors of ancient ilk). It has been so cold and we get the prevailing winds on that side.

I still have 2 "late bloomer" Amarylis that I was given as gifts that are blooming away in that room. One has 4 beautiful blooms on one stalk. And a very lovely purple orchid which I received as a birthday gift.

Last week, just as I passed the 1 year mark since my DH had passed, 4 of my fiends lost their fathers. I did go to 1 funeral but found it very hard. I sent off sympathy cards today, along with a couple of parcels and Valentine's Cards to good friends in far places.

My friend has been making mittens out of old sweaters and she lines them with fleece. I lost a lovely pair she made me and she has very graciously offered to make another pair and also donate 2pairs to our church silent auction next week. So tomorrow we are going to Senior' s Day at Value Village to look for woollen sweaters she can 're-work. They turn out beautifully and are so warm! Wool is the best and even better if it has been shrunk in the wash (felted).

I have 5 weddings booked for later in the year and am glad to be getting back to such a happy task.

Sorry for the long post.

Andit-are you back downtown? Glad to hear that Quincy and Lily are still keeping you busy!

Good night, folks!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 01:10 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    I am officially done with winter. I would like spring please
    my mail delivered nothing yesterday. I am hoping for my trades today.
    my husband is takingmy mom to the vets with her cat..... I suspect this will end poorly for the cat. my mom will not take this well.
    then hubby is off to work. I did not sleep well at all last night. I a m hoping for a easy day. or energy... I would dearly love some energy.....lol. I

did find I have a new person who joined Keep rewarding.. would dearly love to know who...

spagetti for supper. easy peasy.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 08:13 AM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.
    I am officially done with winter. I would like spring please
    my mail delivered nothing yesterday. I am hoping for my trades today.
    my husband is takingmy mom to the vets with her cat..... I suspect this will end poorly for the cat. my mom will not take this well.
    then hubby is off to work. I did not sleep well at all last night. I a m hoping for a easy day. or energy... I would dearly love some energy.....lol. I

did find I have a new person who joined Keep rewarding.. would dearly love to know who...

spagetti for supper. easy peasy.
    Oh I had no plan for dinner but have pasta sauce ready in the freezer so I am thinking pasta is a wonderful idea, thanks! The youngest loves it the oldest can eat leftovers lol.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lots of snow for us today again. DS has school basketball at another school today so I am leaving early to take him.
    Then home for quick pasta dinner (Thanks Giseledta for the idea!!)
    Tonight-Clean the kitchen. Put laundry away. Take a roast out of the freezer for the crockpot tomorrow morning. Peel and cut carrots for crockpot. No potatoes so I am thinking perogies since we have tons and lots of sour cream and both kids love them.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta I signed up under you on Keep Rewarding, but I haven’t been on there in about a week.
    barbis9, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to the library for my holds -would love to read a new book plus got 2 new kiddie books for Ashlyn to read to her when I see her ,lunch was leftover swiss chalet chicken toasted with cheese,supper French fries and fish for hubby ,chicken pot pie for me -easy peasy with steamed brocolli
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can someone refresh me on what Keep Rewarding is please? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@GoodBoy

KR is a click site. you watch videos, - engageme tv, loyalty videos, loot tv. you can run a radio channel.. you can do surveys if that is your thing. ect.
    for this you get pts.. that you can cash in for paypal... or amazon gcs.. other gcs as well.
    hope that helps. my refferal link is in my siggy...

Sent from my iPhone[/QUOTE]
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Hi All. I've been reading but not posting in here so I thought today is as good as any. Been trying to think of ways to save and stretch the $$ so seeing what others have been doing is really helpful especially as today I was let go from my casual job which I liked (but they don't have the hours to give and are phasing out that casual position). It hurt to be informed by email, I mean a phone call would have been nice. Now to figure out what to do. The job was nice for the extra money as my husband makes enough for us to live on but the money was nice for the little extras. So long story short....hello all.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    also ineed to figure out how to use the driscoll berry pins..... someone sent me some via fb messager.
    @Giseledta : https://driscolls.co1.qualtrics.com/...towCJkmquraK9v
    Someone gave me that link awhile back and I've bookmarked it. It even works on your mobile.

I've finally got the Shop the Block promo points now that I've called in. For some reason, my gas station shop didn't work even though it has a promo code listed on it. Oh well. Now for the PC Optimum conversion. I had a PC banking card that I can't remember if I switched to a physical points card. Maybe those 17,000 points are lost? I wonder if anyone has had any luck calling the PC Optimum customer service.

The winter colds are slowly going away, but the house is a mess. I got up at 5:30 AM this morning and decided to fold a few clothes before feeding the baby. She loves going into daycare now, but I do miss her.

The after-school care program noticed DD1 could read and the teacher was surprised. She's learning how to spell by sounding out words and loves to remind me that she can count to 100 in a song over and over and over again. The tantrums are now epic though and she gets so frustrated with things that she can't do like if a zipper gets stuck or the night is too dark.

DD2 is sick again and gives me a tearful earful when I pick her up from daycare. She's being forced to only one nap a day and she's not liking it at all. I had to hold her for an hour before dinner or she would go hysterical. That led to me not doing dishes, which led to DH doing them when he was finished getting a haircut and shoveling the driveway, which led to him skipping dinner. Life with two children just seems like madness sometimes. I barely get to see DD2 outside of her sleeping and DD1 is having a tantrum or otherwise commanding my attention when DD2 isn't.

DD2 is standing and taking a few steps now, but her language is quite far behind DD1. I think DD1 could speak 13 words bilingually before daycare, plus sign language, and DD2 is lucky if she knows three or four words. She's very independent though, and will take the spoon from you at dinner, dump the food, and attempt (unsuccessfully) to feed herself.

I must say I'm thrilled that SDM points transferred over at full value. I will have abnormally low grocery bills for awhile!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    Hi All. I've been reading but not posting in here so I thought today is as good as any. Been trying to think of ways to save and stretch the $$ so seeing what others have been doing is really helpful especially as today I was let go from my casual job which I liked (but they don't have the hours to give and are phasing out that casual position). It hurt to be informed by email, I mean a phone call would have been nice. Now to figure out what to do. The job was nice for the extra money as my husband makes enough for us to live on but the money was nice for the little extras. So long story short....hello all.
    Welcome kiwis-mom. I’m sorry to hear that you have recently lost you casual job. It is good that your husband’s income pays the bills, but extra is certainly nice. Are there any other jobs that might interest you, that you could apply for? This thread is certainly full of ideas.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information