User Tag List

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -have you thought about scanning the photos onto USB sticks before you toss them? You can with the Media Studio at your nearest branch that has the Makerspace. Still, you are on to something-organizing photos before they take over more room than you'd like!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's sniffly nose, scratchy throat and half raw tonsil season still for me. Early this morning, I started taking my Advil cold & sinus tablets and marvelled that I did not start on them Monday! Seems to help.

Last night, I put one chopped clove of garlic into my jarred pasta sauce for supper and it seemed to take away one nuisance symptom within an hour. Voice still goes hoarse now and then.
    @SassyAshley -you will have to get someone's kid's plastic shovel because it takes smaller loads and can cope with wet snow. Think adaptive design. I know where you are coming from in terms of endurance and how much to do--past few days, I have had to use the massage kit and two light stretching sessions per day to ensure I don't go stiff too quickly as I do the snow shovelling at home. Will have to resume my warmups as I skipped them today and only did a partial shovelling in am.
    Connective tissue has a long memory, as you found out.

Interestingly, my hold for the Train Your Fascia, Tone Your Body book came in. I'm looking for non-pretzel moves and exercise to gently work my connective tissue. Bottom half of me is still feeling my walks all over downtown Toronto since last week and upper back of me is still feeling my twist/slip from last Thursday. I'm not taking ibuprofen but do have to lie down occasionally if I overwork my back or feel too much pain. Since my new boots are flat inside, lower shins are taking some pressure as body adjusts to them. Won't spend $25 or more for gel inserts this month-will see if I still need them in March so I can stretch my remaining money for February groceries.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 03:42 PM. Reason: book title correction

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad that @avoncallingu mentioned Value Village -today is 30% off Women's clothing sale day. I had popped into my store on Monday night but did not see anything eyecatching for me. My budget is thanking me for restraint. The plan is to grocery shop on Friday or Saturday, not before.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -I didn't wish to scan the pictures as I kept certain ones of my dear mom and others in pictures with her -the rest are family (second cousins and cousins who don't bother with me )that is why I kept the pictures for 5 years incase any of those people came forward to visit me -but nope I just got critism from one cousin when Ashlyn was born as my son didn't give her my mom's name.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Evening all. Hope your day has been going well. I'm still trying to take in the harshness of yesterday.
    But I am going to try to see the bright side and look for something new....where one door closes open the damn window yourself cause no one else is going to do it! I'm hopeful that I will find an even better employer who will appreciate my hard work and maybe treat me with a little more dignity.

Here's to new beginnings!
    Last edited by kiwis-mom; Wed, Feb 7th, 2018 at 06:21 PM.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    It's sniffly nose, scratchy throat and half raw tonsil season still for me. Early this morning, I started taking my Advil cold & sinus tablets and marvelled that I did not start on them Monday! Seems to help.
    Sick here too. Starting taking the Advil as well on Monday, but normally it doesn't help alot. Of course managed to coupon it with the new $4 Pfizer coupon (Used up the last of some Tylenol cold I still had on Sunday). Lucky that it helps you! Nothing normally does it for me (Tylenol, Advil, Benylin, Buckleys, Robitussion, or Vicks!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes, today is better then yesterday but as the day went on the pain increased. I am taking it as a good sign that there are no twinges of pain when I was walking today. I am now really sore though and done for the day.

It is working in my favour being mostly couch bound as I am completing a number of tasks for work. Those time consuming need to focus tasks. It is nice to get them out of the way but driving me insane that I cannot do anything around the house.

I feel really bad the doctor said I cannot shovel snow so Mom did it today and now her back is killing her. She keeps telling me not to worry but I do all this stuff because it hurts her to do it.

Not much else going on, back to my work. Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hoping that everyone who is feeling under the weather wakes up tomorrow morning in better health. Feeling pretty good myself...no aches or sniffles. (knock wood)

I pulled my bird cage ad off the local buy & sell as it has been posted almost a month with no takers. I will get DH to drop it off at the SA on the way to work along with another box of stuff I have gathered up. Still trying to be clutter free.

Free fill up at Shell today for DH's truck thanks to AM's cashed in along with 20 bonus AM'S. I received two more Reese's T shirts from their contest today in the mail so DH scored two more free work shirts. Night all.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, despite the cold I am nurturing, today was a good day!!!

Had to do a group presentation for one of my Uni Classes, It went decent, could always be better but just glad we got through it. Then we got back a case analysis we completed last week. Before the Prof gave them back she showed us the averages which were miserable (Accounting for a limit of 25 grammar mistakes) as low as a 42% average with a third of groups getting 0%. Well, I was certain that we didn't do great (MAYBE a 50% if we were lucky), but no, she also told us the highest mark across her four sections she teaches was a 95% (Not accounting for grammar), and guess what we got?!? A 95%!! (90% after 5 small grammar mistakes, which I will talk to her about). I'm just so glad we got a good mark on this!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@johnb56789 that is WONDERFUL! You should be very proud of yourself! - and your group!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. this is going to be a big tea day. I am just tired.
    lots of tea needed.

we have a forcast of more snow tomorrow. sigh.. yea

I had a wonderfull IODE meeting last night, such nice people. and I wond the tea fund money. 16.00

I should cash out on KR today, nd I a waiting on 25 from sb.

something with chicken for supper tonight.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

House is nice and quiet as my cats are still sleeping along with DH too rather than the usual I'm awake just look at me go time. Quiet tea time for me this morning. Nothing really planned for today other then general tidy up and sticking my nose in a good book. Peameal bacon, potatoes and veggies for supper tonight.

Cold outside as usual but at least it is not snowing. We have enough as it is. Waiting patiently for Spring and the warmer weather.

avoncallingu I remember joining your card exchanges...they were fun to join as receiving a nice card with a little surprise from another SC'er was a nice change from the usual expected bills and junk.

Have a great day everyone...almost the weekend!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. this is going to be a big tea day. I am just tired.
    lots of tea needed.

we have a forcast of more snow tomorrow. sigh.. yea

I had a wonderfull IODE meeting last night, such nice people. and I wond the tea fund money. 16.00

I should cash out on KR today, nd I a waiting on 25 from sb.

something with chicken for supper tonight.
    Today was a hit the snooze button many times day. Long week for everyone I guess. hang in there!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I didn't do much last night. Unexpected company stopped me from taking care of the laundry. Tonight for sure!!

I did clean the kitchen after dinner and run the dishwasher. (emptied it this morning).

Dinner tonight will be a bit of this and that and using up the leftovers.

Most of the American Eagle online order I made for DS came in the other day. The last item is probably in our mailbox now. He really liked what I ordered him I forgot I ordered a hat for myself (for the gym) but not sure I'm loving it since it has a saying on it and I'm more of a plain kind of girl. I put it aside with the receipt incase I decide to return it this weekend.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Nicely done! What are you majoring in at Uni? I miss University...if I had the money I would be a student for life! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Hoping that everyone who is feeling under the weather wakes up tomorrow morning i better health. Feeling pretty good myself...no aches or sniffles. (knock wood)

I pulled my bird cage ad off the local buy & sell as it has been posted almost a month with no takers. I will get DH to drop it off at the SA on the way to work along with another box of stuff I have gathered up. Still trying to be clutter free.

Free fill up at Shell today for DH's truck thanks to AM's cashed in along with 20 bonus AM'S. I received two more Reese's T shirts from their contest today in the mail so DH scored two more free work shirts. Night all.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information