User Tag List

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That was a long dental cleaning, but they didn’t find anything that requires dental work. Need to be consistent about flossing. I’m glad that Dh has dental coverage for our family.

I’ve already uploaded my new AM offers, PC Optimum (basic, but consistent with my old offers), Caddle, and CO51. I did two big shops last week, so I’m not expecting to spend a lot this week. I completed 2 short surveys on Caddle this morning. I’m getting close to cashing out again. I can send you a referral link if anyone wants to join.

edit: My mouth is sore, so I made fruit smoothie for lunch.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 8th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -well just wanted to let you know a good tip -I save grocery bills for a month but clothing I keep for at least a year -well one came in handy today -my hubby sweater I bought him in November in marksworkwarehouse came unravelled right at the seam at the top of the arm -the receipt states 100 days for unworn or defective return -well I had 3 days left so off I went got 26.99 back on my debit ,as they didn't have any to replace ,if I didn't have the bill I would have had to hand stitch the sweater which would have looked like crap
    Then I popped over to no frills spent 103.11 as I decided to take off 20.00 in points ,and I used 6.00 in coupons saved 9.00 checkout51 also some good deals I got where old spice deodorant 2.99-buy 2 save 2.00 -2.00 checkout51=1.00 each also got gain flings 4.47-2.00 cpn-2.00 checkout51=.47 love to try to use a coupon on top of checkout51 -managed to get 3 chickens for 1.77 pound each also .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Feb 8th, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The gas bill for last month was the highest I've seen it in a long time. I don't know if it's DD1 and having to keep the door open a little longer since she won't come in out of the snow or the fact that it's been chilly lately. Luckily the PC Optimum program will really help with food bills this year and the points will probably completely be gone by this summer. Nice to see 1,000,000 in points online, but they won't help if they just sit there!

Went to WM and picked up a few shirts for DD1 to pass on to DD2. Two long sleeved shirts for $1, and a Superhero girls t-shirt for $1 and a matching one for me. Well, we'll see if I still fit into kids' sizes. I may look a bit of a squashed sausage in it, in which case it's going back. She had a Supergirl shirt to match DH, but I've been missing one. $1 was a price I couldn't pass up.

I hope everyone with colds is feeling better soon. I just got over my month long cold/flu/whatever it was and DD1 and DD2 are coughing terribly at night again. Ugh. Colds, round three!

The snow was a very light powder snow here, so shoveling wasn't too bad. I managed to finish before my neighbour with his snowblower, but he blew the snow from his driveway right back onto ours. It covered my tracks and left a light dusting as if I hadn't shoveled at all. Argh! Well, there was no more heavy snowfall so it was manageable. Less than 19 minutes to shovel our postage stamp property, including the walkway, sidewalk, and getting suited up and undressed for this winter chill!
    @SassyAshley : Hope you're feeling better soon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-enjoy spending all those pts-that is a lot of free groceries coming your way!! It is snowing like the dickens here-at least 25 cm if not more. Staying inside today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow sweetsparrow -an awesome amount of points for groceries enjoy the savings -I have enough saved for $310.00 worth of groceries or sometimes at shoppers ,I redeemed 20.00 today on food at no frills

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I second the caddle App. Angela273 hooked me up, and it is good. slow steady, very easy. and I can see it being sweet this year. every little penny helps . Talk to Angela !!!!

KR is doing very good for me. sb is happy for the day

I ended up making a great noodle stirfry... veggie child loved it. it used up a bunch of veggies in the fridge. and I have enough prepped, that I can make it for LUnch for my lovies tommorrow and they will love it

My happy, is that I helped a very sweet friend with a great shampoo / conditioner deal . it makes me happy when I do that.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh lost his wedding ring Wednesday morning. He said it got hooked on the seatbelt buckle in his personal truck. We both took a good look once he was home from work, but we still haven’t found it. I’ve priced out the cost to get the inside of his truck professionally cleaned in order to get his wedding ring back. If we do this, we would take it to where our friend is the detailer and only get the basic cleaning. This would not include washing the carpets, which would make it 1/2 the price. If the ring is in there, we can trust our friend to find it. Dh has never been this long without his wedding ring.

edit: we are under an extreme cold advisory, so it makes it difficult to look for the ring for very long.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!!!! OMG we got a ton of snow!!! And it's still snowing now. While outside this morning my neighbour kept repeating " This is crazy! This is crazy" lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh lost his wedding ring Wednesday morning. He said it got hooked on the seatbelt buckle in his personal truck. We both took a good look once he was home from work, but we still haven’t found it. I’ve priced out the cost to get the inside of the van professionally cleaned in order to get his wedding ring back. If we do this, we would take it to where our friend is the retailer and only get the basic cleaning. This would not include washing the carpets, which would make it 1/2 the price. If the ring is in there, we can trust our friend to find it. Dh has never been this long without his wedding ring.
    Sure hoping it is found!

After my husband lost his original wedding band, then a replacement as well, we gave up. He says he wears the wedding ring in his heart!

His prob is very large hands, big knuckles but thin fingers. We found out about rings with hidden hinges many years later...

I have barely worn my rings lately - didn't want to have them on the three months I was in hospital, and once home I realized that with my big weight loss the rings are way too big. However I don't want to resize them yet.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hope you find the ring , angela.I resized hubby's ring about 3 years ago cost 120.00 and just a few months ago it was too tight so he took it off ,my wedding ring I lost the main diamond at work 6 years ago and have never gotten it replaced I wear a plain sterling silver band so I guess we wear the wedding rings in our hearts too nat -lol
    Lets hope its not too much snow for us today as we are going to Toronto in the early morning daughter needs us to help her out every week (watch Sebastian)now for personal matters and we will be there for her

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone! Hope your weekends are good ones!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you find the ring Angela.

I was given my Nanny's (Mom's Mom) Ring when she passed. I later found out I have the 3rd set of rings. The original set she pawned when my uncle needed money and neither Hezy (her husband) or Grandpa (her father) would give him the money (long story, repeated behaviour) so she pawned her original rings. Years later for their anniversary Hezy bought her new rings which got mashed between between a cow and a barn beam. So the set I have was the 3rd set given to replace the ones the cow mashed.

A girl I work with just lost her engagement ring over Christmas working at her parent's barn. They looking at options to get it replaced before the wedding in September.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Love hearing the ring stories ,well the other night when I couldn't sleep I was torn as my daughter needs me every Saturday for awhile and my son asked if I could watch cara on march break one sat as they wanted to take Ashlyn to Disney on ice and since I have done so much for my son as he lives 14 minutes away,i love to try to do things for my daughter but its hard as we cant run there in a few minutes as it takes an hour drive (its hard when you want to please two kids)anyway I asked my daughter this morning and she was understanding so I will watch baby cara that day .Told my daughter-in-law and she was overjoyed as she didn't want to leave baby cara with her friends that all have 2 kids and one best friends doesn't have kids but hasn't held cara yet(too nervous I guess)
    Daughter-in-law called and is popping in with baby cara on the way back from infant massage (free program)so I get to have some cuddles in ,yeah as this is my last grandchild .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I designed our own wedding rings. I also designed my engagement ring. The diamonds are to dh’s specifications. If something were to happen to my rings, they are covered under our home insurance. I have to get them re-assessed for replacement value every few years. Dh’s wedding ring wouldn’t be as expensive as mine to replace, so I don’t think it is specifically insured with our home insurance.

My aunt and uncle have been married for about 30yrs. Uncle has lost so many wedding rings that they buy his replacement wedding bands in bulk from Walmart.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information