User Tag List

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, I was certain that we didn't do great (MAYBE a 50% if we were lucky), but no, she also told us the highest mark across her four sections she teaches was a 95% (Not accounting for grammar), and guess what we got?!? A 95%!!!
    @johnb56789 : Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh lost his wedding ring Wednesday morning. He said it got hooked on the seatbelt buckle in his personal truck. We both took a good look once he was home from work, but we still haven’t found it. I’ve priced out the cost to get the inside of his truck professionally cleaned in order to get his wedding ring back. If we do this, we would take it to where our friend is the detailer and only get the basic cleaning. This would not include washing the carpets, which would make it 1/2 the price. If the ring is in there, we can trust our friend to find it. Dh has never been this long without his wedding ring.
    @Angela273 : Hope you found the ring! I remember thinking I lost my ring (not my wedding/engagement ring but very important) and going through public trash cans. That was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    His prob is very large hands, big knuckles but thin fingers. We found out about rings with hidden hinges many years later...
    Amazing things they can do with rings nowadays, including Euro shanks which reduce ring spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh and I designed our own wedding rings. I also designed my engagement ring. The diamonds are to dh’s specifications. If something were to happen to my rings, they are covered under our home insurance. I have to get them re-assessed for replacement value every few years. Dh’s wedding ring wouldn’t be as expensive as mine to replace, so I don’t think it is specifically insured with our home insurance.
    My aunt and uncle have been married for about 30yrs. Uncle has lost so many wedding rings that they buy his replacement wedding bands in bulk from Walmart.
    @Angela273 : If you ever post a photo of your rings, please tag me. I would love to see them! My ring is only partially covered under our home insurance. I don't know if I want to upgrade our insurance to cover my ring as it would have to be appraised by an approved appraiser. They always overinflate the cost so we end up paying more. I've never heard of buying wedding bands in bulk before. I wonder if Costco would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I agree on the wipes-I changed a little 12 month old yesterday who was dirty and I only needed 3!! Quiet day here-tomorrow is mine and DH's anniversary so we will either go out or get something special to cook at home. I know there is a lot of steak and lobster in the stores right now for V day but I am not a big lobster fan-give me turf and turf over surf and turf anyday.
    @lizzie bargain : Happy anniversary!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Barbis thank you for the suggestion. Right now my biggest issue is bending so not sure anything can help.
    @SassyAshley : I don't know if it would help, but I have a backpack with a chest strap to help with the weight distribution. I've bought the same type since university as carrying around 20 lbs of books is very painful! If you could put the clothes in the backpack on your bed and then put it directly on the top of the washer, would that help?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

About the wipes thing, yes, DH and I have been racking our brains as to how they could use so many. DH thinks they must be using them on all the kids. Our daycare is subsidized for low income families so he thinks our wipes are being used for all the kids if the parents can't afford them.

My idea is they use the wipes on DD2, then wipe down the mat, then wipe down their gloves, ... I don't know. That doesn't add up to anywhere close to seven unless it was a messy diaper change every time.

Flu/cold is going around our house again and we're in for a messy weather forecast this weekend. I don't think I've been cold free for one day this year. Thank you kidlets for coughing in Mommy's face while toothbrushing and carrying you around the house. Oh well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -I feel the same way about sickness I don't have small kids but I do have small runny nosed ,cough in your face grandkids (with one in daycare and one in school they are always getting stuff)-lol Last week was running to the washroom for 2 days which inturn caused me to get something else and yesterday when I was at my daughters I was a bit cold and on the way home noticed I was getting a cold ,yep woke up at 3.00 a.m stuffed and not breathing great.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sweet sparrow- when I worked in a center you were not allowed to use wipes to clean the changing area. very much against regs. , sadly I think they are sharing them .

morning all. took back pain meds. not sure what I will be doing today. we have freezing rain coming, I should have picked up a good book from teh library........ sigh....

hugs to all
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We were supposed to go out shopping this weekend but due to the lousy weather it is a no spend weekend. Although DH did get us a pizza at the store using a FPC for last night for when we were watching a movie.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day everyone. House cleaning day today. Weather sucks here too. May wait to get groceries to tomorrow but will see. Gotta get laundry rolling!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's amazing once you get rolling how your energy lifts and you get stuff done! 1 bathroom cleaned so far and even replaced the shower curtain finally. Laundry is on the go. Kitchen is cleaned.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

go you!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS1 works tonight so I will get groceries then. He is too new a driver to be on the roads as the freezing rain is coming down IMO. But DH and I will both drive up and then DS can drive home after the worst is over. He has had a lot of winter driving experience with this winter we have had. I have spent nothing since last Sunday, not even a coffee. That's what happens when you are locked into all day meetings. Still working on the eat from the pantry challenge. The freezer is starting to thin out. DH is out of hot chocolate so I am going to see how to make it as I have lots of cocoa in the house.
    DH has been working on our taxes, almost ready to file and we will both get a return.
    Happy Anniversary @lizzie bargain. @Angela273 I am sure I have shared the story of my dad losing his wedding band, my mom losing hers and me losing mine all at very different points in our lives. In every case I was the one to find the bands any where from 6 months to 7 years after they were lost. So i know how devistating it is, I was overjoyed when I found mine.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone have any experience with money disappearing from their bank accounts? This has happened to Mom, you see her pay go in last week nothing has come out but she only has what she had before she got paid.

She has gone to the bank who and I quote "oh that is weird, the money is just gone." They have put in a inquiry but no idea how long that will take, she was told she would get a phone call in 3 to 7 business days.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went out just as the freezing rain started ,only around the corner to shoppers wanted to get the diapers as I am giving my grandkids a valentine gift ,Sebastian loved his peppa pig shirt (only paid 4.40 at indigo)I will go over to see Ashlyn and cara maybe Tuesday or Wednesday
    I got a few great sat/sunday deals purex 2.99-1.00 cpn=1.99,bounce 70 sheets 2.99-buy2 save 3.00 and 1.00 checkout51=.99 each ,love to stock up when a sale .cpn and chkecout51 or caddle all align really helps the budget,oh and called old navy got a crdit of 1.35 back on my order from the other day -almost done easter shopping for the grandkids

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with money disappearing from their bank accounts? This has happened to Mom, you see her pay go in last week nothing has come out but she only has what she had before she got paid.

She has gone to the bank who and I quote "oh that is weird, the money is just gone." They have put in a inquiry but no idea how long that will take, she was told she would get a phone call in 3 to 7 business days.
    Does she have more than 1 account? Happened to me and it went into the line of credit instead of savings. Hope it is resolved soon.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

She does have another account it is a joint account for our house and the money is not there either.

I just hope there is an answer in the 3 to 7 days and not just an we are still looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Does she have more than 1 account? Happened to me and it went into the line of credit instead of savings. Hope it is resolved soon.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son was invited to a birthday party today, but the invitation didn’t have any details. He had fun at the party, which was held at the Familt Centre. Leave it to our kid to refuse to eat the pizza that was served. He’s not a big fan, but we didn’t know it was on the menu...otherwise we could have spoken to him in advance. He later learned from us that it was rude not to eat some. When we have pizza for supper at our house, he knows that he is required to eat it.

While ds was at the party for 2hrs, we stayed home with the twins. Dh has a nap in the recliner with twin boy. I baked a 9x13” pan of oatmeal chocolate chip squares with twin girl. It was her first time really helping with a recipe and it was cute. She did better Han I had expected. She wore her brother’s big apron and I made sure to take pics before we got started. I reduced the amount of sugar and chocolate by 1/2, from the original recipe. I think they are quite good, but would be more cookie like with an additional 1/4c sugar. I also used whole wheat flour in the recipe.

I removed a bunch of my old ads with stuff for sale, since I sent it out to the shed on Friday. I re-posted one item and sold it to a lady who previously changsd her mind. Too bad the lady showed up in the middle of my nap, but I now have an additional $6.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 11th, 2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information