User Tag List

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m looking to trade for Bogo Whiskas dry cat food coupons. Thought I’d post here in case anyone was interested in a trade.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ladies-well up again at 4.00 a.m hopefully this stops ,so didn't feel like going to the mall so popped over to sons house and cuddled cara sat talking to my daughter-in-law then popped over to fortinos on the way home used up 20.00 off my 50.00 order -love having the points for groceries got double points on bread so ended up paying 1.69 a loaf wonder bread-plus got 7,800 points on my 50.00 order

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273 : I hope good news returns for your aunt.

I popped out to WM at lunch and got lost for the third time and realized that I was taking the long way there. I'm still not used to driving yet or how roads are oriented around my work. After taking the bus for over a decade, I was very focused on the bus routes.

I found four pretty long sleeved shirts for $4 for a friend's daughter. After she grows out of them, I have two more girls waiting their turn in them, so perhaps it's more like $0.33 per child.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

zebracoupons.com

Code: WINTER2018

Was just able to order a stack of coupons (some double and triple) with no delivery cost.

YMMV
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made the coffee cake last night and realized that using 1/2 cup of cooking cream and diluting it with water up to the 2/3 mark was not enough liquid for the batter so I tipped out the rest of the cream (about 1/4 cup) and it worked. Otherwise I had a batter that was part play-dough and part unmoistened flour even after the fruit was mixed in. Forgot to butter the pan so the cake had a really brown crust and sides. That cake was perfect at midnight while watching the end of the women's hockey game (Cda vs USA). Did some laundry after 7pm and hung it to dry.

Slept in this morning so no early bus trip to Sobeys on the east Mountain. I got there after 1:45pm (30min on Rymal bus then 15min hike along Upper Mt. Albion Rd-noticed all the construction on Highland Rd plus the Central Park survey site). It's a regular Sobeys and has a couple of sections in different spots than Ancaster's Sobey's Extra. There are two small seating areas-one past the checkouts and one near the exit. Produce section seemed brightly lit. Sample stations were all around the store but it was sort of quiet. Really loved the mint chocolate fudge sample! Bought a box of Pocky to nibble while I walked around Heritage Greene and popped into Bed Bath and Beyond store for a quick tour.

The new Sobeys sells the very jars of rosehip jam (in International foods) that she cannot find locally at stores (not even at Winners). I did not check the Ancaster store as I was on a bus and did not want to risk missing it after the bus had a short stopover.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since I missed my first Rymal bus, I hiked to Walmart and bought two tins of the 88 cents flavoured Clover Leaf tuna and the $1 box of Catelli macaroni, as I am almost out of my pasta. No Live Better magazine as yet-guess Walmart is waiting for March?

Have to update my shopping list and made a note to zip into Shoppers on Sat for a 1-day special item as I need it. BTW, the current Shoppers flyer expires today. I did not check to see if any Valentine's candy is on sale.

Midnight is the start of the Year of the Dog Chinese New Year celebration! Goodbye Rooster.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -your aunt's feelings are valid considering she probably could have tried something earlier to help her thyroid before now hearing about the surgery option. If she's open to trying to eat more of certain fruits and vegetables, it may help her give her thyroid support while waiting for her surgery. Hugs to you-certainly difficult news to hear.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela_273 -your aunt's feelings are valid considering she probably could have tried something earlier to help her thyroid before now hearing about the surgery option. If she's open to trying to eat more of certain fruits and vegetables, it may help her give her thyroid support while waiting for her surgery. Hugs to you-certainly difficult news to hear.
    I think I didn’t post that properly. She had the surgery in the fall of 2017. She was diagnosed in 2016.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A guy knocked on the door to our house just after supper. He accidentally hit the side mirror on dh’s truck and it broke in this cold weather. We thanked him for stopping and taking responsibility. Dh is supposed to take it to a shop tomorrow so that they can order the part. The guy will pay for the repair.

I’m happy with some of the deals that I see in the flyer this week. Cheese at WM, fresh veggies at NF, instant noodles and Personal AM offers at Sobeys. My new PC Optimum offers aren’t very good. I’m looking forward to being able to swipe the offers again.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 15th, 2018 at 11:29 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, that's very commendable of the man to own up!

Ciel, oh, I love rosehip jam. We have one meat shop way out in the industrial area which sells it, but I haven't had it for a while.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just downloaded the “SnapMyEats eats” app and earned 8sb for it. The app gets you to take pics of resteraunt receipts and answer a few short questions about the purchase. You earn $1 towards an Amazon gc for ever 3 receipts you submit. Limit of $5 in earnings each month. Receipts must be uploaded within 7 days of purchase.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 16th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I did the same app. I am going to see how it goes...
    I will share it with my kids

ankle brace in place. this damp cold is havoc on me. brace makes it bearable.

with family day on Monday I am in full on declutter mode for part of my house. I see a trip to goodwill to do a donation drop off.
    takingmy mom o costco tomorrow.
    and I need to do a walmart trip. some good co 51 deals.

hubby and I may go to a movie- I have scene, and gcs for supper. it would be good to do something together.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hello-I just popped over to pharmasave and got emer-c 9.99-4.00 cpn=5.99,then popped into the new sobeys by me -everything is very fresh and nice and clean (I am pretty sure sobeys is comparable in price to loblaws ,but stuck to a few sales and I got my first scop of the year wanted to buy2 pots of tulips (they were on 2/10.00),so I can give my daughter one when I see her on sat,i even asked the young cashier did it ring in right and because they are a new store maybe not fully trained yet "she said not sure" so I checked my bill and went to the service desk paid 5.00 for the 2 pots got back 7.89 on my debit so that made me happy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS has decided that hockey, after school sports and a weekly night class to take a Grade 9 credit wasn't enough. Tonight he is trying out snowboarding. Picked up $225 snowboard pant for him for $69.99 at Sportchek and received 30x the CT on the card points from using my CT MC today.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information