User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers has Special K Nourish cereal on this week for $3.99... use the $1.00 off tearpad to make it a good $2.99 price. No tax makes it even nicer. My shoppers had both flavours available - grabbed two.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Yesterday I adopted a black kitten 8 months old from my local animal shelter. Poor thing is scared and missing fur. I was going to adopt a three month old kitten, but when I saw this sweetie my heart melted. Carter (his clinic name) is now hiding somewhere in the bedroom. My other cat really wants to meet him, but I need to get him settled first.

Any suggestions for a new name for Carter?
    Congrats on your new furbaby! I'm so jealous, it would be so nice to have a kitten again!

As for the name, as someone else said - you will know. Hey, we ended up calling our female cat Vader, because she's a tuxedo and that's what the black mask she has reminded me of...

Pepper
    Shadow
    Panther

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Yesterday I adopted a black kitten 8 months old from my local animal shelter. Poor thing is scared and missing fur. I was going to adopt a three month old kitten, but when I saw this sweetie my heart melted. Carter (his clinic name) is now hiding somewhere in the bedroom. My other cat really wants to meet him, but I need to get him settled first.

Any suggestions for a new name for Carter?
    Good news and great news! Well done! Have had 5 from the humane here so happy to see another saved. As Natalka mentioned the name should happen -- we had numerous names for ours and finally one made sense ... so give it a bit of time... never chose a name based on how they looked but what made sense per their demeanour. Congrats once again!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! So happy most stores are closed today. Laundry needs to be started. Lots of food in fridge to pick from. Think I'm going to make pancakes for the kids for breakfast. Then take a roast out and get it ready for the oven. Will serve with .a shed potatoes and veggies. And make sure there are leftovers for our busy night tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. it is raining.. and nice freezing icy cold rain. should wash away some winter ick .

laundry is going . plan is a bit of housework.. and prob some down time
    I will get the kids to help for a hour with housework. they will love it.....
    I might do a bit of baking as well. good day for some oatmeal muffins
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not raining here yet, but it's on its way do I am going to go out for a walk and enjoy the milder temps. I am so happy for a mid winter day off. I plan to I plan to just putter around the house and get rid of some more stuff.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I bought 2 family trays of skinless chicken breast with bone for $1.98 lb and received 200 pc pts per $1. One tray I cut the bone off and put in freezer bag with juice from 2 fresh lemons, salt, pepper, oregano and tons of garlic cloves. The other tray I wrapped each breast in wrap and put all I large freezer bag. All in the freezer now for future meals. Good start on laundry. Put away all clean stuff. All DS's new shirts were washed and are now hanging up in his closet to dry. Once all the clothing is done and away I will start on bedding.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Feb 19th, 2018 at 10:47 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

those chickens sound amazing!!!! I am totally doing that next time. great idea
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I love pre marinating my frozen meats. Going to buy some pork this week and marinate and freeze for quick pull out of the freezer dinners.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 :I pm ed you yesterday about a trade offer.Can you respond to me please even if you are not interested.Thanks
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my family day I spent almost 4 hours in the hospital waiting 21 people before me (nothing major) but at least I got an answer to my problem-I have been dealing with for 17 days
    -just ate supper now chicken breast and roasted leftover potatoes (yummm I was hungry)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Angela273:I pm ed you yesterday about a trade offer.Can you respond to me please even if you are not interested.Thanks
    I PM’d you back. We have 2 cats, so I’m looking to trade for multiple.
    I have been enjoying my Family Day weekend with our family and haven’t done much on SC.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My migraine hasn’t left in over a month. It fluctuates, but hasn’t gone away since early January. It is tiring and frustrates me.

I took our son to the track woth me thod evening. Haven’t done that in about a year. Did some stairs while we were there. About 2km in total.

It took a couple times, but Dh and I packaged the 3 pork loins that I SCOPed last week for a total of $0.80. Dh cut them into pork roasts, pork steaks, and pork chunks.

Last night’s supper was chicken breasts, leftover noodles, and steamed fresh broccoli.
    Tonight’s supper was dry fried pork chunks, steamed fresh broccoli, square noodles, and chocolate milk.
    Our kids really like steamed broccoli and I bought 2 large bunches at NF for $1 each.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Hoping this 4 day work week flies by! Of course another busy week with DS's afterschool activities.
    Dinner tonight is leftovers. Will pick up bread because I am craving a toasted Western and we have ham to use up and also a fresh pepper and green onions on hand! Yum!!

Paid off my credit card from the week/weekend. Was an expensive time apparently! Oh well at least the car light is fixed and the oil change is done. DS had an amazing time snowboarding. Expensive but he is only a kid once and I want him to have fun! And I will pay anything for him to be active!

Tonight- I need to get going on the laundry and finish putting away the clean stuff. Then I need to start to tackle the for sale pile and get it out the door! Enough is enough. Dinner will be quick so no excuses tonight.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just did some vacuuming and cleaned the bathroom for my Mum before I fly home tomorrow a.m. At nearly 86 I know she appreciates that and not something I can do often. Kind of rainy and foggy here in TO for my last day-anyway sure beats the snow and cold in Calgary!

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information