User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made chicken soup with small bowties -love my homemade soup ,gonna go work on my puzzle while hubby is watching t.v

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah I slept til 6.00 a.m today -mind you I feel asleep sitting up last night at 7.00 p.m hubby and I were watching a t.v program went to bed at 9.00 and slept til 6.00 a.m I feel better -gonna run a few errands today library and shoppers drug mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@Angela273 - I m so glad you found the ring. that is fantastic.

There are a few quick surveys on Caddle this am . easy peeasey.
    co 51 have a few items so i will be doing that as well this weekend.
    I am taking the kids to the park this am . we need to get out. big need.
    I am using up little odds and ends.

not sure what supper will be tonight. might be a fend for yourself night.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273: I'm so glad the ring turned up for you!

I can barely keep my eyes open today. Yesterday, DD2 was exhausted when she came home from daycare, so I had to pick her up so she would stop slamming her head into the floor. It was impossible to get dishes done much less get a few frozen peas and corn boiled. She screamed the entire time I put her down while I boiled water in her playpen.

Later that evening, I tried to prepare for today's dinner and was deveining shrimp and cutting garlic by 1 AM. DD2 decided she would wake up at 3 AM and have a hysterical screaming fit, so I tried to feed her, but she would not go back to sleep. Desperate to get a few hours of sleep before waking, I caved and co-slept with DD2.

Tonight's dinner should go more smoothly in case DD2 is just as difficult, but I hope DD1 doesn't decide to be difficult tonight.

E-test done on the car. I forgot to get the odometer reading, but I will try and renew my plate sticker online tonight.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Feb 22nd, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Grandma sent me this reply regarding my mom’s younger sister. "She had tests last week and she is fine. She will have these tests every 6 months to make sure that she is cancer free. We are all relieved."
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All. Stopped at Giant Tiger on my way home at lunch so oldest DS had bread to make sandwiches for work (ham in fridge)
    I spent $7.95 in change on a loaf of bread, bag of beans and 8pk of mini pizzas for the kids when they want something quick.
    I made a toasted egg sandwich for my lunch when I got home.
    Took a bag of perogies out of the deep freeze and put in the freezer on the bottom of the fridge so I will hopefully cook them up tonight. I will cook the whole bag and send some in DS's lunch tomorrow and oldest can take with ham to work tomorrow night.
    Need to continue on laundry tonight. I almost have the bin put away and there are towels in the dryer to put away. Will wash some bedding tonight and hang it to dry overnight.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I tossed my third pair of socks out. Hole in the left heel. I almost want to put up a Sock Survivor poll on SC to see if anyone can guess if I'll toss any more pairs out by Feb. 28. Considering I've cut back the frequency as well as range of my walks due to snug boots, I think the boot savings will be offset by the need to replace socks next month!

Delighted to have my flyers and paper last night after suppertime! Noticed that Longo's new Spring issue of their Experience magazine is due out tomorrow (something to look forward to) and that the Oasis juice in the large carton is back on $2.99 sale price, so next week, I'll get two cartons. Canadian Tire has $1.89 seed packets in its flyer. Happy thought-must check out the flowers and herb ones on a future walk.

Found three contest mentions in different flyers. Will post them if they are not up yet.

Last night would have been an ideal time to put soil into holes in the yard. A certain parent decided to move his car and the result were deep grooves in the yard. So I put my boots on and took the metal shovel to squish the trenches roughly back into the gaps. Got to think positively about soil deals for March, when the raccoons are sure to treat the lawn as takeout city for grubs (last year's damage was a rattler for me everytime I mowed the front yard).
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -your DD2 might have been upset by someone or maybe something was aggravating her inside so she let you know by falling asleep and the screaming? The temperatures rising and dropping might have irked something and made her feel awful. Poor you! Intrepid MacGyver rep for trying to make the most of being a night owl while you could!
    Angela273, barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -Super outcomes for Thursday! Yay on both good pieces of news! Now if the Universe would give your migraine a good swift kite toss to leave you alone, that would be awesome.
    Angela273, barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hi All. Stopped at Giant Tiger on my way home at lunch so oldest DS had bread to make sandwiches for work (ham in fridge)
    I spent $7.95 in change on a loaf of bread, bag of beans and 8pk of mini pizzas for the kids when they want something quick.
    I made a toasted egg sandwich for my lunch when I got home.
    Took a bag of perogies out of the deep freeze and put in the freezer on the bottom of the fridge so I will hopefully cook them up tonight. I will cook the whole bag and send some in DS's lunch tomorrow and oldest can take with ham to work tomorrow night.
    Need to continue on laundry tonight. I almost have the bin put away and there are towels in the dryer to put away. Will wash some bedding tonight and hang it to dry overnight.
    The mention of mini pizzas-the last two MM Food Market flyers have shown their personal pizzas for $1.99 and I've been wanting to buy some but still have not set foot into the store. Next week's grocery goal-buy some 'za!

By the way, where can Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza with the chocolate be found? I know not all grocery stores sell the full line of pizzas, just certain ones.
    barbis9 and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The mention of mini pizzas-the last two MM Food Market flyers have shown their personal pizzas for $1.99 and I've been wanting to buy some but still have not set foot into the store. Next week's grocery goal-buy some 'za!

By the way, where can Dr Oetker Ristorante pizza with the chocolate be found? I know not all grocery stores sell the full line of pizzas, just certain ones.
    I have never seen the pizza with chocolate sorry. But yuck! lol And I love chocolate
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @sweet sparrow -your DD2 might have been upset by someone or maybe something was aggravating her inside so she let you know by falling asleep and the screaming? The temperatures rising and dropping might have irked something and made her feel awful. Poor you! Intrepid MacGyver rep for trying to make the most of being a night owl while you could!
    @Ciel : DD2 was crying and throwing herself backwards because she was tired. She has very long days at daycare (6:45 AM - 5:30 PM).
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Left the house and the kitchen was spotless! Even put away all the clean dishes that were drying on the counter.

Move a pile of clothing from dresser and one shirt is too big so took a pic and sent to my friend asking if she wanted it. She does so one thing out of my house lol
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta I love a fend for yourself night. It gets the leftovers out of the fridge & that is tonight's plan.
    Last night I drove to Loblaw's for some of the deals. Its not my closest store but the PCO bonus offers & my own personal offers made it worth the drive. I spent 150.00, earned 38000 points for a future purchase & used 150.00 worth of points so my cost was .68 cents. I had to buy DH a chocolate bar as my total was 149.55 but I needed to be at 150.00 for 15000 bonus points.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I ate the last Lindor chocolate from the box that DH bought me for Valentine's Day after supper tonight. We don't really celebrate it but he bought 1/2 price ones on the 15th for me.

I have started Spring cleaning and at this point the master bedroom is done. Two boxes of stuff ended up at the local SA. Stock room is next on the list for tomorrow.

It has done nothing but rain all day today and it seems like the sump pump has never stopped. There is lots more grass showing and the neighbor's backyard is totally flooded.

Hoping everyone had a great day!
    That is so sweet of DH to pick up chocolate.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information