User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By racerboy88
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: ICBC injury settlement

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this , just wondering if anyone here has experience dealing with icbc. I was involved in an accident 8 months ago where the other driver was admittedly 100% at fault. I suffered whiplash and soft tissue injuries in my shoulder and back. Not looking for a windfall, just want some idea what a fair settlement is.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you gotten legal representation yet? If not, talk to some law firms as most will give you the first appointment free to try and get your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    akajw likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No, I was hoping to deal with ICBC directly. Was just wondering what was a fair settlement

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

do not deal directly with icbc they will not be fair regardless of circumstances
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by M2015 View Post
    No, I was hoping to deal with ICBC directly. Was just wondering what was a fair settlement
    Don't sign anything, even if you are dealing with them directly, till you see all the pros & cons & how much they are offering. Show that offer to a lawyer before you sign anything & see if he can get you more.

ICBC will come at you with seasoned lawyers & insurance claim adjudicators.This is what they do for a living & have handled hundreds of cases before, while for you its going to be a first case & not your field of expertise, so its hard to win or get a better settlement against them on your own

A good honest reliable lawyer will always get you more, even after he takes his cut as opposed to you dealing with them dealing.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by M2015 View Post
    This might help you a bit. They will just low ball you & offer you something according to their guidelines. But that's NOT the law, the court will decide that & NOT them. So you DON'T have to accept their guidelines or tables for pay out. As each case & circumstances are different.

http://bc-injury-law.com/how-much-is...bc-claim-worth

ICBC’s internal soft tissue injury settlement guidelines are to value Whiplash Associated Disorder injuries as follows:

• Mild Injuries: $0 – $6,500 for non-pecuniary damages
    • Mild/Moderate Injuries: A maximum of $10,000 for non-pecuniary damages
    • Moderate Injuries: A maximum of $15,000 for non-pecuniary damages

Again, it cannot be overstated that ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines are not the law nor do these guidelines reflect the real value of soft tissue injuries in British Columbia. The true value is set by our courts and a fair measure of the value of an injury can be determined by reviewing recent reported judgements for similar injuries.
    There are exceptions and “grey areas” to ICBC’s soft tissue injury settlement guidelines however most ICBC adjusters try their best to settle claims within the above caps. It is important to know that the civil litigation process (the court process) is available to provide a true measure of compensation for your injuries if you feel ICBC is not treating you fairly.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Thread Information