User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Where to buy British snacks in Canada

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Originally from the U.K. but live in Canada now. I go back every few years but have no plans on going any time soon. There is no store close to me (I live in Ontario) that sells imported British snacks. I have been looking on-line but would love to know what website is safe/legit to purchase from. Anyone ever bought British snacks (mostly just want Walker's Cheese and Onion, and Pickled Onion Monster Munch crisps) on-line? Thanks for your help !
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, 1_love and TLatesummer like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Online ... cannot say ... but if you are in Toronto stock up at Empire on Queen Street East - my fav local for all things British! Can you say Hob Nobs!

Maybe reach out to them? https://www.empirebybullet.com/

They do appear to do online but crisps are not listed - I would give them a call - Craig is a good man!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Feb 25th, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Ciel, GoJays and greeny like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Online ... cannot say ... but if you are in Toronto stock up at Empire on Queen Street East - my fav local for all things British! Can you say Hob Nobs!

Maybe reach out to them? https://www.empirebybullet.com/

They do appear to do online but crisps are not listed - I would give them a call - Craig is a good man!

Thank you ! I don't live near Toronto but I appreciate your help. I just love British snacks !
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Thank you ! I don't live near Toronto but I appreciate your help. I just love British snacks !
    when you check amazon.ca, what did you see
    greentires4me, Ciel and greeny like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oddly enough two of the Walmart's near me (Halifax, NS) have rather large imported foods sections, including snacks from the UK. Not sure if this is limited to Halifax, but you should scope out Walmart and check.
    Ciel, GoJays and greeny like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also in the Halifax area... Pete's fine foods (formerly Pete's frootique) sells quite a bit of imported goods. I haven't seen any crisps at Walmart, but Pete's had some. Also the Bulk Barn sells a very limited amount of imported goods.
    Ciel and greeny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For those in the West, Save on Foods has a British section.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Montreal has Bramble House.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    when you check amazon.ca, what did you see
    I've never shopped Amazon before. I just checked and they sell a good amount of crisps ! How does Amazon work though? What is the delivery charge? Any hidden fees? I've never done any on-line shopping before. Thanks for any help !
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I've never shopped Amazon before. I just checked and they sell a good amount of crisps ! How does Amazon work though? What is the delivery charge? Any hidden fees? I've never done any on-line shopping before. Thanks for any help !

it does depend on if your buying from amazon directly or buying from the marketplace sellers, if it's amazon directly shipping is free over $35, and it will come from the amazon warehouse within canada fairly speedy, but if it is from a marketplace seller they may charge for shipping (and this can vary significantly) and it may come from outside of canada(could take longer to ship).. Amazon is pretty safe and secure i have never had problems buying from amazon just be sure to read the whole product description and some reviews before buying
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I order from Amazon a lot, but only from them directly, never through third-party sellers - which the crisps seem to be.
    When I search, I always click on Amazon Prime on the left side (even though I don't have it, that just means any results that come up are sold by Amazon directly.

I know Canadians have ordered from here, but of course shipping is a lot

https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/...?action=search

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have ordered from here b4 they have everything!!!! https://abitofhome.ca/

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've found that the Walmart Supercentres tend to have a wider selection in their British sections (I've found {Walkers} crisps, biscuits and chocolate there, as well as jams, custards, teas, and other British baking supplies, or staples). But do check your other local grocers, as even my Food Basics, Freshco, Loblaws and Metro have some British stuff.
    I'm not sure where you live but many cities and towns have British shops in them when you can find baked goods, or British themed things like books and clothes, and these usually include confectionary too.
    I find the best and cheapest way to get stuff is to ask family and friends to send it over. Their postage isn't too bad, especially if they send it surface. Transfer or send them some money, or send something Canadian in return.
    Last edited by SarahS83; Sun, Mar 4th, 2018 at 12:11 AM.
    Ciel, greeny and Shwa Girl like this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

across the pond -british imports in Hamilton,Ontario on parkdale ave (people drive from all around as they love this store)mind you small store and limited small area to park

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahS83 View Post
    I've found that the Walmart Supercentres tend to have a wider selection in their British sections (I've found {Walkers} crisps, biscuits and chocolate there, as well as jams, custards, teas, and other British baking supplies, or staples). But do check your other local grocers, as even my Food Basics, Freshco, Loblaws and Metro have some British stuff.
    I'm not sure where you live but many cities and towns have British shops in them when you can find baked goods, or British themed things like books and clothes, and these usually include confectionary too.
    I find the best and cheapest way to get stuff is to ask family and friends to send it over. Their postage isn't too bad, especially if they send it surface. Transfer or send them some money, or send something Canadian in return.
    I have checked grocery stores. My Wal-Mart has a few British things but no crisps...same as Sobey's. Thanks for your help though !
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information