User Tag List

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was another stay at home day (so $0 spent). Did pop outside for 10min of air during afternoon-being home with family is hard sometimes in a small house. Noticed a long thin tree limb that had fallen-snapped it and popped it into the green cart to save me the trouble today.
    Finally got into my recipe binder to weed out recipes from the last 3 issues of Food & Drink not likely to be made and I actually started to rewrite some older handwritten recipes (which were in lighter blue ink) in my darker blue ink. Feeling proud that I am doing this now prior to the Daylight Savings Time (remember to check your batteries in all your gadgets, clocks, smoke & CO2 alarms, etc.) change. Will continue efforts tonight. To think the recipe bit was started after a tiny bit of tidying of my headboard and reorganization made a noticeable difference yesterday morning...

Did sift through Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients cookbook and copied out two one pan or pot meals (with sausages in one and with fish in the other). I'll post them tomorrow in the Food subforum. Popped into Fortinos this morning and I could not find white beans in the deli nor chipolata sausages at the Meat counter or packaged meats. I'd stick to using white kidney beans in a can with a little extra from can 2 and use Wally Parr sausages if I could but am not sure there are any little sausage in the Wally Parr line for the sausage bake recipe.

Noticed on the morning news that we are in for rain or flurries from Tuesday onwards. Made up my mind to head to Burlington to check out its two Value Village stores today and visit the library then try to get back into Hamilton for two errands prior to 6pm. Here's to ambition and making the most of the sunshine!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One of my daycare girls got picked up early because the mom was sent home early due to the snow. It is still lightly snowing and more is expected as the day continues. Some places are closed today. Reminders to avoid unnecessary travel. All of the busses are cancelled here and in surrounding communities. Schools are still open, they never actually close here.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My OCD has now reached level heights. Yesterday, I spent $3.23 on my grocery bill at FreshCo but used a GC. Somehow, I've lost the receipt so I called the store to see if they could give me the last transaction on my card. I waited on hold and told them the time and date of my visit, just to input $3.23 on my expense tracking.

I also went through any tax amounts that I paid extra interest on for two maternity leave years (trying to make contributions/forgetting to on sleep deprivation mode). I thought I may as well ask since I'm using the stamp anyways and the worst they can say is no. Then I can count it as not a lost opportunity that they might have said yes.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just popped out got gas $1.19, then popped into bulk barn with a problem -they gave me my money back ,then off I went to sobeys (4) gain laundry soap 2.99-buy 2 save 3.00=1.49 each I need to stock up on my laundry soap and fabric softner but I really like to when I have a coupon and a sale (I took a laundry soap and fabric softner to my daughter yesterday and did 2 loads for her as I played with sebastian as she has a lot on her plate right now
    @coupon girl: I really need a laundry fairy. That's so kind of you to do for your daughter. I know my mother would do the same for me if she could.

This weekend, I felt like I did loads and loads of laundry (two to be exact), but I had cloth diapers and weird food stains in the mix, which have to be soaked and prescrubbed. DD2 has taken a liking to some exceptionally sticky noodles but she eats them by the handful and then smears the rest into her clothes!

I just wish she'd eat some other foods. She likes what she eats and gives me the old "iron lip" for anything new.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Mar 5th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @coupon girl: I really need a laundry fairy. That's so kind of you to do for your daughter. I know my mother would do the same for me if she could.

This weekend, I felt like I did loads and loads of laundry (two to be exact), but I had cloth diapers and weird food stains in the mix, which have to be soaked and prescrubbed. DD2 has taken a liking to some exceptionally sticky noodles but she eats them by the handful and then smears the rest into her clothes!

I just wish she'd eat some other foods. She likes what she eats and gives me the old "iron lip" for anything new.
    I remember my mom was trying to be helpful and washed a few loads of clean laundry that just were not folded lol Love her for trying.
    I have started a bin for DS's school uniforms for September. I went through his brothers closet and grabbed all the uniform pieces from there and sorted them for size. 2 white tops had stains on them so I let them soak on the counter Sunday with stain remover before putting them in the wash with bleach and the white towels. Stains are out and they are folded nicely in the uniform bin I am ready for September
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I discovered that the large turkey still had ice inside it, so plan B for tonight’s supper is fish sticks and French fries.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That was a close call FBM-only got it done 6 months in advance! Just being funny-I would never be that organized! LB

"I remember my mom was trying to be helpful and washed a few loads of clean laundry that just were not folded lol Love her for trying.

I have started a bin for DS's school uniforms for September. I went through his brothers closet and grabbed all the uniform pieces from there and sorted them for size. 2 white tops had stains on them so I let them soak on the counter Sunday with stain remover before putting them in the wash with bleach and the white towels. Stains are out and they are folded nicely in the uniform bin I am ready for September "

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

if you were in the same city I would for sure come and do your laundry (p.s I love doing laundry and folding and putting away )hate doing dishes,so I went over to daughter-in-laws at noon after stopping at carters I got a 1.00 back from a top I got Ashlyn last week ,I had lunch there and held cara while my daughter-in-law hung pictures and then she went thru ashlyns clothing pulling out the too small stuff -then I did a load of laundry for her and gave her a bottle of my purex that I paid 1.97 for for ,we chatted and had a great time then Ashlyn came in at 4.00 I played with her and read a book to her ,my son came in with pizza for us to enjoy ,just got home at 7.00 p.m (a no spend day for me )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s late, but the turkey is done roasting. I let it cool some, then poured the broth into containers. The broth and roast turkey are all in the fridge. I’m looking forward to eating it over the next few days. I haven’t eaten turkey since Christmas, when we visited my relatives. Mmm cranberry sauce...

I forgot to unlock the CO51 offer on Monday, hopefully it wasn’t anything useful. I unlocked today’s and I definitely won’t be buying cilantro. Another Caddle referral credited to my account for $1. It all adds up and I’m helping another family in the process.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -pretty sure Monday was chicken on checkout51
    -up at 4.30 gee wish I could sleep in but then again went to bed at 9.30
    -staying in today another no spend day as I have test at hospital on Wednesday -snowcoming today hope its just a bit

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

angela -pretty sure Monday was chicken on checkout51-up at 4.30 gee wish I could sleep in but then again went to bed at 9.30-staying in today another no spend day as I have test at hospital on Wednesday -snowcoming today hope its just a bit
    Thanks. Chicken is a good price at Sobeys today, but I’m trying not to buy stuff ascwe are eating down the contents of the freezer.
    Dh is shovelling the snow for the 4th or 5th time since the storm hit on Sunday. I’ll havr to ask him how much he thinks we got.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lots of snow here, too, Angela. Hopefully this morning will be the last of it.

My son came for a visit yesterday after he saw his surgeon and got the all clear to go back to work. His leg had healed quickly and well, he's doing great. He shovelled snow here, and helped me with some things around the house - and was here when the physiotherapist came to see me in the afternoon.

Unfortunately I have been experiencing 'extra' knee pain since last week, turns out it's bursitis on my right knee. Gah! The physiotherapist brought me over a walker to try out - I have one, but it's too wide to use in the house. This new one folds up horizontally, and even when full size, fits through doorways. When I was buying mine, there wasn't a similar sized one which was 'strong' enough for me to use. So she's loaned this to me for a while to see how I do with it. She pretty much said that knee is a real mess, so I have to be very careful with what I'm doing.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yesterday was another stay at home day (so $0 spent). Did pop outside for 10min of air during afternoon-being home with family is hard sometimes in a small house. Noticed a long thin tree limb that had fallen-snapped it and popped it into the green cart to save me the trouble today.
    Finally got into my recipe binder to weed out recipes from the last 3 issues of Food & Drink not likely to be made and I actually started to rewrite some older handwritten recipes (which were in lighter blue ink) in my darker blue ink. Feeling proud that I am doing this now prior to the Daylight Savings Time (remember to check your batteries in all your gadgets, clocks, smoke & CO2 alarms, etc.) change. Will continue efforts tonight. To think the recipe bit was started after a tiny bit of tidying of my headboard and reorganization made a noticeable difference yesterday morning...

Did sift through Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients cookbook and copied out two one pan or pot meals (with sausages in one and with fish in the other). I'll post them tomorrow in the Food subforum. Popped into Fortinos this morning and I could not find white beans in the deli nor chipolata sausages at the Meat counter or packaged meats. I'd stick to using white kidney beans in a can with a little extra from can 2 and use Wally Parr sausages if I could but am not sure there are any little sausage in the Wally Parr line for the sausage bake recipe.

Noticed on the morning news that we are in for rain or flurries from Tuesday onwards. Made up my mind to head to Burlington to check out its two Value Village stores today and visit the library then try to get back into Hamilton for two errands prior to 6pm. Here's to ambition and making the most of the sunshine!
    where is the second Value Village in Burlington? I know about the Fairview street one.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

if you were in the same city I would for sure come and do your laundry (p.s I love doing laundry and folding and putting away )hate doing dishes,so I went over to daughter-in-laws at noon after stopping at carters I got a 1.00 back from a top I got Ashlyn last week ,I had lunch there and held cara while my daughter-in-law hung pictures and then she went thru ashlyns clothing pulling out the too small stuff -then I did a load of laundry for her and gave her a bottle of my purex that I paid 1.97 for for ,we chatted and had a great time then Ashlyn came in at 4.00 I played with her and read a book to her ,my son came in with pizza for us to enjoy ,just got home at 7.00 p.m (a no spend day for me )
    I also love doing laundry and folding clothes but hate dishes too. I just ignore the pile in the sink 🤗
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Things seemed so much more manageable with one child, but I think DD1 cried more when I put her down, so maybe not. DD2 is just exhausted after daycare and she goes about bashing her head into things so I have to pick her up. She has an absolute meltdown in the playpen.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I also love doing laundry and folding clothes but hate dishes too. I just ignore the pile in the sink 珞
    I have a sink full of dishes and three baskets of unfolded laundry. One basket is just of things DD1 has outgrown to be boxed up for DD2.

Just two more days until the tax refund shows up and I can file my letter to request tax relief.

My "rock" situation is also being reviewed at the company. I've heard nothing since yesterday.

Last night, I was in a bit of a panic over what to pack for lunch. There was nothing for DD1 and my lunch, so I could either make some noodles or some rice. I decided since I was awake at 4 AM, I'd put rice in the rice cooker, press the button, and be down at 6 when I'm helping DH get DD2 ready for daycare. Another fast food meal avoided for now and dinner is prepped for tonight as long as I can get some frozen peas and corn in the boiling pot. It sounds easy but it's a lot harder than it sounds with a full sink of dishes and DD2 crying at my feet. How do simple things get so difficult?

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information