User Tag List

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am back at the library to see if the draw result was posted online but not yet.

Where do we sign up to escape real life for a few days? I'm mentally packed to go away. Having one of those evenings where reality is just not serene or logical.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273 : I can't imagine having a migraine for two months. I hope it goes away soon.
    @Ciel : I am so ready for that bus.

DD1 had so many meltdowns today, I've lost count. It all started with not being able to find her mittens, followed by not having a hair tie when we were about to leave, topped off with the shoulder straps on her seat belt being twisted. Meanwhile, DD2 is loving daycare with a cheerful kiss and wave to me at 6:30 AM each morning.

Interesting financial developments. I'm staring at a $400+ cell phone bill on my CC from DH. At least he used the right CC. His work also gave us a T2200 form and has for the past few years. The past few days, I've only just clued in as to what these forms are for. Now we can claim all of DH's crazy work expenses like the $149 he spent on coffee for the nation-wide sales meeting at his branch that he was not reimbursed for, or the new graphics card for his work computer that his work won't pay for. It really boggles my mind of the things of obvious work expenses that his work will not cover.

Well, instead of stewing over the things I have no control over (they are a "condition of employment" for DH), I can be happy that they are now covered, *IF* DH can get a receipt for them. And then, it's not really covered, DH just won't have to pay tax on it. Still way better than nothing. I told DH to save any and all receipts.

DH said we can get rid of the Bell landline. I nearly fell over. Now I should start researching smarter phone options. Yay!

DH also signed my request to have his HBP penalty removed. I thought since I was sending in the request for mine, I'd ask for every accidental brain lapse during both maternity leaves. Both DH and my taxes have been assessed.

I hope to send in the appeal to Revenue Canada by next week. An extremely unhelpful lady on the RC phone told me it could take more than six months.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -yes talize only has 50% off a few times a year ,not as much as value village but I find their quality of clothing a lot better more name brands ,and a bit cheaper in pricing except the puzzles they are always a dollar more than value village and they tape them all around the box (which I find annoying as I like to look at my puzzles because I don't like doing certain ones,but know what I always as the clerk what 50% off special is on today ,as I am in it for the deals and yesterday it was pretty busy there so I didn't feel like looking at anything else plus I watch the time as I was there at noon and I am on a timeframe when I have the car (I have to use my time wisely)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. the suv is back from the mechanic... I just about fell over when the bill came. however it was very very detailed. for a for a vehicle under 5 yrs old... to have to repair the engine casing is just not normal... and something about oil leaking... the bill was higher then I think wha we paid for our first 3 cars...... oy. however it sounds fine now, and is running smooth. we did discuss if it needs another major repair.. we will be replacing....

today I am hoping will be less expensive. lol. I need to do up my no frills grocery list. I have march break next week, and my middle child is home for lunches...
    I am hoping the snow goes away.. it needs to go far, far away. I really want to hang my laundry outside... really really want to
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

So much for my hyacinths and crocuses that were making an appearance as they are buried under the snow along with my snow drops which were in bloom. Really tired of this snow...seems like a long winter.

A few items to pick up at the grocery store today along with getting a $10.00 winning scratch ticket cashed in. Splurged and bought $9.00 worth of tickets yesterday when we got gas.

Have a great day everyone...the weekend is almost here.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made a quick stop at Bed & Bath warehouse-found a blue mosaic shower curtain for $9.99 I can live with and some other things ($1.50 for 3 pk of 80 pg Hilroy notebooks-better deal than 50 cents per 40 pg notebook). Noticed for Shower Curtain rings, the store has one set of the soft green rings like I have (but without the Whole Home name) and about 13 sets of dark blue Whole Home rings but they are slightly smaller round rings for $1/dozen set each. There are some eco Post-Notes (soft pastels) for $2.99. The neon block is much pricier. Stocked up on gift bags and found a white shower caddy. Saw some blackout panels for $14.99 each (54x84) that might work for the dining room (that's for another trip). There are curtain panels somewhat sheer for same price but have no blackout lining.

Behind the counter on the shelf, I noticed two original Baby Brezza food processors for $29.99 and Baby Brezza kettle for the same price. Thought I'd share in case someone wants one.

I saw in the Hudson's Bay flyer that Virginia Johnson's shower curtains (reg $60) are 40% off. I was intending to seek the Windy Gardens one for $34.99 but the colours won't really work with the main bathroom. Happy shopping!
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Mar 9th, 2018 at 02:37 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseledta -ahh cars can run you into money we sunk some money( a bit more than a 1,000) into my small echo car a few years back ,the year before it conked out and we got rid of it ,its all a gamble sometimes when the get up to 9 years and up ,and yes I cant wait to hang clothing out too

-popped out again today got my daughter-in-law a timmies 15.00 card as she has been there picking me up from about 4 or 5 appts the past 3 months ,then popped over to bank cashed my 37.00 ebates cheque and then popped into zarkys -spent 65 in there but lovvve their food and deli meat ,buns got lovely homemade hot cross buns there today 3.49 but soo worth it

-on another note sooo proud of my daughter who got a new job today ,proud of her job growth and personal growth as she has had a very hard 2017 and 2018 is starting to look up for her ,she is having us for supper(pasta /meatballs) on sat along with my son/wife Ashlyn and cara -Sebastian will be so happy he loves his cousin Ashlyn "atin" as he calls her -lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Popped into Battlefield Square's Value Village to see if any old Sears curtain glides might be lurking in a bag but no luck. Had a laugh at seeing about 24 of those opaque dark blue Sears curtain rings (just like the ones at Bed & Bath Warehouse ) in a bag for $3.99-cheaper to buy new at BBW!
    Homesense in Eastgate has some cheery duvet and comforter sets but the pickings are slim for bedding in the full sizes.
    Visited Fortinos and noticed $1 off Special K Nourish and a coupon for Nescafe Gold coffee are on the coupon board-got one of each.
    Shoppers in Eastgate-spotted clearance on All Bran orange cranberry breakfast bars for $2.25-got two boxes (lunch...) and earned 60 pts (I like earning points based on regular prices even if the products are on sale).
    Rexall Upper Wentworth&Rymal -in one of the clearance areas, found a screen cleaning spray and cloth for $3.96. Sold! Need one for library screens that don't often get cleaned (and to make sure I don't pick up cold germs from another library user).

Powder snow keeps coming and going today. Those gray clouds are certainly active above! Will go home soon to catch up on cleaning and mending. Still no draw results online-maybe tomorrow...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Giseledta -ahh cars can run you into money we sunk some money( a bit more than a 1,000) into my small echo car a few years back ,the year before it conked out and we got rid of it ,its all a gamble sometimes when the get up to 9 years and up ,and yes I cant wait to hang clothing out too

-popped out again today got my daughter-in-law a timmies 15.00 card as she has been there picking me up from about 4 or 5 appts the past 3 months ,then popped over to bank cashed my 37.00 ebates cheque and then popped into zarkys -spent 65 in there but lovvve their food and deli meat ,buns got lovely homemade hot cross buns there today 3.49 but soo worth it

-on another note sooo proud of my daughter who got a new job today ,proud of her job growth and personal growth as she has had a very hard 2017 and 2018 is starting to look up for her ,she is having us for supper(pasta /meatballs) on sat along with my son/wife Ashlyn and cara -Sebastian will be so happy he loves his cousin Ashlyn "atin" as he calls her -lol
    @coupon girl -that's marvellous news about your DD's new job! Yes to a better 2018 for her.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    So much for my hyacinths and crocuses that were making an appearance as they are buried under the snow along with my snow drops which were in bloom. Really tired of this snow...seems like a long winter.

A few items to pick up at the grocery store today along with getting a $10.00 winning scratch ticket cashed in. Splurged and bought $9.00 worth of tickets yesterday when we got gas.

Have a great day everyone...the weekend is almost here.
    At least you had a taste of spring by seeing the flowers. My croci are underground still. I was tempted by flower seed packs (4 for $1 at BBW) but there's no point yet to buying seeds. Next month, I will indulge a little on seeds.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Only thing I did was spent on cab ride home this morning it cost me 8.30$ from the hospital to my apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Manns will be sending me some coupons but I was not aware we can only request them on 90 days.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I feel the same way about wanting to hang my laundry outside, but that does not look like it will happen in the near future.
    Our washer is dying. The service guy said the transmission is going and that with a little TLC we may get another 3 months out of it. So that's my plan. I do not intend to buy some fancy front loader because while this machine lasted 17 years they really don't make them like that now so I am buying a simple no buttons, top loader with an agitator. I hear enough bad things about the front loader I am not paying 200.00 more and killing my back.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -I have a top loader maytag I have had for 8years now (I got it free with my HBC points-lol) reg 620 back then -no problems at all ,now my son has a front loader and its 6 years old wont work on the top load 60 minutes only on 25 -40 minute washes and his dryer 6 years is over heating (he cleaned all the lint out from the tube ) and sometimes will not go so they let it sit for awhile cost 1048.00 for both of them 6 years ago his make Samsung,my daughter has condo size frontloader(cant even put a load of towels in so small -have to split it up into 2 loads)and dryer also 5 years old hers is working fine but I would not pay you to have them and yes it does kill your back as I did many a load of laundry at my sons the past couple years as I watched Ashlyn 3 days a week . Oh and lilo my washer before the maytag was a Kenmore and did last 17 or 18 years .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information